ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Frankie 02-13-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399188)
Who has one of the deepest receiving corps in recent NFL history and a top 10 running game for almost all of his career?

TOTALLY. If Ryan can't get to the Super Bowl with THOSE weapons one has to question how good he really is.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9399429)
He does strike me as possessing a Cutler type of head.

There's so much evidence for this. ROFL

milkman 02-13-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399448)

This is why I bang on Frankie.

He posts stupid shit that serve as clear evidence that has actually never watched Geno.

Rausch 02-13-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9399457)
This is why I bang on Frankie.

He posts stupid shit that serve as clear evidence that has actually never watched Geno.

Other than him not playing in a pro style offense he's got it all.

Above average arm, above average mobility, has a solid deep ball, and his completion percentage is reeruned good.

He was born to play the WCO/Phat Andy offense...

King_Chief_Fan 02-13-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399181)
Who set franchise passing records?

If Geno is as good as Matt Ryan I will be his biggest fan, because I love Matt Ryan.

But at this point you really can't say for sure that Geno can make the transition to playing under center full time. There are lots of similar prospects who couldn't do it.

I place Geno between Blaine Gabbert and Matt Ryan as a prospect. That's all I'm willing to do. That's more than enough for him to go #1 this year, so who cares?

I think placing Geno betwen Gabbert and Ryan is probably accurate.
Here is the top 5 winning QB's since 2008.
Joe Flacco 41 wins - 19 losses
Matt Ryan 40 wins - 18 losses
Aaron Rogers 39 wins - 20 losses
Tony Romo 27 wins - 20 losses
Eli Manning 26 wins - 24 losses

Rausch 02-13-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9399463)
I think placing Geno betwen Gabbert and Ryan is probably accurate.
Here is the top 5 winning QB's since 2008.
Joe Flacco 41 wins - 19 losses
Matt Ryan 40 wins - 18 losses
Aaron Rogers 39 wins - 20 losses
Tony Romo 27 wins - 20 losses
Eli Manning 26 wins - 24 losses

Now adjust for playoff wins...

milkman 02-13-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9399462)
Other than him not playing in a pro style offense he's got it all.

Above average arm, above average mobility, has a solid deep ball, and his completion percentage is reeruned good.

He was born to play the WCO/Phat Andy offense...

Geno played in a pro set as a sophmore, and had a ggod season.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 10:59 AM

I can't wait for Geno to go on Jon Gruden's QB camp show.

"I question his head" ROFL

Why the **** would you question his head? Just because he went to West Virginia?

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 11:00 AM

I think Pete is legitimately dumb, but Frankie may be a master troll.

Rausch 02-13-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9399485)
I can't wait for Geno to go on Jon Gruden's QB camp show.

"I question his head" ROFL

Why the **** would you question his head? Just because he went to West Virginia?

Well...it's a legitimate argument...

Frankie 02-13-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9399448)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9MdPFFx0k0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And what part of "He STRIKES ME as...." was so hard for you to comprehend?

I did not claim there were much evidence. Only my own observation, based on videos like that and the 3 full games and a couple of partial games I have watched of him.

AND THAT'S WHY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE COMBINES TO FINALIZE MY MIND ABOUT HIM!

And there are some of you who claim you have watched every moment of every game he has played. To them: I DON'T BELIEVE YOU FOR A SECOND.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9399520)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9MdPFFx0k0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And what part of "He STRIKES ME as...." was so hard for you to comprehend?

I did not claim there were much evidence. Only my own observation, based on videos like that and the 3 full games and a couple of partial games I have watched of him.

AND THAT'S WHY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE COMBINES TO FINALIZE MY MIND ABOUT HIM!

And there are some of you who claim you have watched every moment of every game he has played. To them: I DON'T BELIEVE YOU FOR A SECOND.

Why does he strike you as a guy without the mental faculties required to play QB in the pros?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 11:12 AM

Frankie just called myself and multiple solid posters liars. How dare he.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 11:13 AM

sweet Jesus this thread sucks...
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 02-13-2013 11:19 AM

I'm having difficulty hearing or reading the question that was asked.

Can somone tell me what it was?

Frankie 02-13-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9399526)
Why does he strike you as a guy without the mental faculties required to play QB in the pros?

I didn't say that. Cutler is playing in the pros with some measure of success. So is Rivers. The interview I posted might (I say "might") turn into a Ryan Leaf moment under the extra pressures of the pro game.

Again, I don't go around saying I have watched all of Geno Smith's games. But the limited number that I have watched he seemed to lose accuracy when the heat got hot. I can't direct you to any particular moment of any particular game, because I don't remember. But right or wrong I have come away with a bit of that thought gnawing at me. I'm hoping the combine will help focus my judgement a little better one way or another.

I just want my QB to be Lenny-cool. I'm willing to give up a little physical talent in exchange for that. Is that too much to ask?

RealSNR 02-13-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9399558)
I didn't say that. Cutler is playing in the pros with some measure of success. So is Rivers. The interview I posted might (I say "might") turn into a Ryan Leaf moment under the extra pressures of the pro game.

Again, I don't go around saying I have watched all of Geno Smith's games. But the limited number that I have watched he seemed to lose accuracy when the heat got hot. I can't direct you to any particular moment of any particular game, because I don't remember. But right or wrong I have come away with a bit of that thought gnawing at me. I'm hoping the combine will help focus my judgement a little better one way or another.

I just want my QB to be Lenny-cool. I'm willing to give up a little physical talent in exchange for that. Is that too much to ask?

I doubt the combine is going to change your opinion much if you want Geno to demonstrate coolness.

Again, if Jon Gruden does his QB camp this year, that's where Geno is going to prove to people that he's got it. That show was the thing that sold me on Ryan Tannehill as the guy the Chiefs should take, and it was also the thing that made me pretty cold on Brock Osweiler. Which is funny, because both QBs had limited experience and tended to favor screens and short passes. It was that TV interview that made one QB go up and one QB go down.

Frankie 02-13-2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9399554)
I'm having difficulty hearing or reading the question that was asked.

Can somone tell me what it was?

Here:

Frankie 02-13-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9399623)
I doubt the combine is going to change your opinion much if you want Geno to demonstrate coolness.

Again, if Jon Gruden does his QB camp this year, that's where Geno is going to prove to people that he's got it. That show was the thing that sold me on Ryan Tannehill as the guy the Chiefs should take, and it was also the thing that made me pretty cold on Brock Osweiler. Which is funny, because both QBs had limited experience and tended to favor screens and short passes. It was that TV interview that made one QB go up and one QB go down.

BINGO. Mooch has them too. For me to feel good about a QB I have to see how he conducts himself in those psrticular interviews. Both in communication and in picking up the curves that Mooch and Chuckie throw at them. I wasn't TOTALLY sold on RGIII until I saw him in one of those. And my opinion of Dalton went way up the year before as well.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 11:51 AM

It baffles me how anyone can think Geno isn't one of the coolest customers to come out in a long time.

You almost never see him freak out over pressure.

milkman 02-13-2013 11:52 AM

So "they dropped" is, I'm assuming, referring to his receivers.

So he has an attitude problem because he wouldn't throw his teamates under the bus after deferring all praise to them for his early season pinball sucess.

Frankie 02-13-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9399650)
So "they dropped" is, I'm assuming, referring to his receivers.

So he has an attitude problem because he wouldn't throw his teamates under the bus after deferring all praise to them for his early season pinball sucess.

LOL,

"You are a ****ing dumbass" and "I think you are wrong" both convey the same point. But a cooler mind chooses the latter. Just sayin.' ;)

RealSNR 02-13-2013 12:00 PM

"That's a stupid question" is completely harmless. If anything that and slapping the tarp during the K-State game shows he's a really emotional and passionate competitor who hates to deal with losing.

There are better ways to handle your frustrations, but he hardly acted like Ryan Leaf. Neither of them are character red flags.

Also consider that he has never once thrown his defense, coaches, or offensive line under the bus in an interview. He's very protective of his teammates and sticks up for them. He TAKES THE BLAME for almost every team mistake that goes on out there.

Give me that kind of leader who also needs to kick a dog to let off steam over a polite and thoughtful Matt Cassel who never takes the blame and looks like a beaten down pussy all the time.

RealSNR 02-13-2013 12:03 PM

Know how Peyton Manning is a great leader? Yeah? The Peyton Manning that acts like a ****ing chode towards the offensive linemen that protect his ass? The Peyton Manning who throws teammates under the bus?

Again, not saying Peyton isn't a great leader, but there are different ways to show that. I don't know what the **** people wanted Geno to be doing on the sideline during the ugly moments of the KState game. Presumedly they wanted to see him yelling at his teammates Tim Tebow-style.

That's not always the most helpful thing, and it's not the ONLY way to make shit happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

whoa. That nail just got rape-hammered.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-13-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9399429)
Actually Cutler ceiling is what Geno seems to have. Nobody questions his passing talent, but we don't know shit about his head. He does strike me as possessing a Cutler type of head. Until that's shown to be wrong, I'll worry about picking him at the top of the draft.

Like many of us are saying, let the combine unfold before you tear each other up about Geno Smith.

We're starting to hear more and more stories that corroborate the idea that Geno is an EXTREME film junkie.

That's the anti-thesis of Jay "another night on the town" Cutler.

Never compare the two ever again.

milkman 02-13-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9399660)
LOL,

"You are a ****ing dumbass" and "I think you are wrong" both convey the same point. But a cooler mind chooses the latter. Just sayin.' ;)

Follow up question to "I think you're wrong" would, or should, be, "how?"

Frankie 02-13-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399680)

Yes sahib.

:)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9399676)
Know how Peyton Manning is a great leader? Yeah? The Peyton Manning that acts like a ****ing chode towards the offensive linemen that protect his ass? The Peyton Manning who throws teammates under the bus?

Again, not saying Peyton isn't a great leader, but there are different ways to show that. I don't know what the **** people wanted Geno to be doing on the sideline during the ugly moments of the KState game. Presumedly they wanted to see him yelling at his teammates Tim Tebow-style.

That's not always the most helpful thing, and it's not the ONLY way to make shit happen.

Peyton is the whiniest bitch in the league. It's embarrasing watching him berate an official over calling a legit flag on his team.

Omaha 02-14-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9387512)
Tyler > Geno

:p

Palko?

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9399680)
We're starting to hear more and more stories that corroborate the idea that Geno is an EXTREME film junkie.

That's the anti-thesis of Jay "another night on the town" Cutler.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-Fist-Pump.gif