ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

Uncle_Ted 05-02-2011 06:54 AM

I was hoping for a "cooler" backstory for Sam Weiss ... though I suppose the story he told Olivia could just be a cover.

Buck 05-02-2011 12:25 PM

Season Finale Trailer

Very Epic, probably contains spoilers.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0K2yAfqwTJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adept Havelock 05-02-2011 06:28 PM

I believe all that can be said in response is: OMGWTFFRINGEGASM!

Tribal Warfare 05-03-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7610101)
What the **** just happened?

Was that guy saying President Bishop or just Mister Bishop?

I am assuming that was Earth-1 (our universe).

Awesome.

Agent Bishop

keg in kc 05-06-2011 09:23 PM

Okay, that was wild. I love the idea and the balls they had to try something that creative and out there....

But I saw a couple of problems, which you'd think would be obvious:

1. So they sent the machine pieces back on this side. Where did the machine on the other side come from? This is a major, major plot hole...

(unless the machine over there was completely copied from the one over here, which I don't believe it was - I thought they only took a piece from over here because it was missing or broken over there)

2. If Peter never existed, then there would have been no reason for Walter to cross over to save him, then the universes would never have collided, no machines would have ever been built, then they couldn't have met in the same room. Is this supposed to be one of those way too overused Tropes where history is changed but nobody remembers it except the people responsible? If so, I am dissapoint.

And wouldn't all these copies of themselves wonder what they were doing in the same room?

I do love that they left the Observers completely vague yet again. And I loved that they all showed up around the Statue of Liberty at the end. That was one of several 'oh shit' moments at the end.

007 05-06-2011 09:54 PM

I don't know what to think really.

I don't like the whole "Peter never existed" plot here because there is no reason for the two Walters to hate each other. If anything, they would be sitting there going "Oh shit, why do you look just like me?" Also, the fact they just completely forgot Peter as soon as he faded out in mid sentence? Come on.

keg in kc 05-06-2011 11:27 PM

I've been thinking some more about it (which is a rare and good thing for a TV show I think...).

I doubt Peter has been wiped from existence. First he'd be out of the cast, and that's not happening. And second, how would the observers know of him if he was? I'm thinking yet another universe.

As far as the machine goes, I was thinking too narrowly. Walter's sending the machine back to the places they found in on this world (they do have a list of all the locations from the book, which as it turns out they probably wrote). But that still leaves the mystery of who built the machine in the first place. Because it wasn't them. They're still taking a machine built by someone else (who?) sending it through the temporal portal to whatever prehistoric epoch it was. And the machine that was in the alternate universe would still be there, built by whoever built it, just not sent back in time in that reality.

Complicated stuff.

Buck 05-07-2011 02:18 AM

I don't have much to add other than maybe the opening credit sequence words might have some clues. They were definitely new.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 05-07-2011 02:22 AM

Cellular Rejuvenation, Thought Extraction, Cryptzoology, Neural Partitioning, Brain Porting, Temporal Plasticity

Dual Maternity, Chaos Structure, Clonal Transplantation

Water, Biosuspension, Hope

Also on that last page of words, if you play it in slow-mo the words "Observers are here" can be seen

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, I just played it on my tv.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 05-07-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7625656)
I've been thinking some more about it (which is a rare and good thing for a TV show I think...).

I doubt Peter has been wiped from existence. First he'd be out of the cast, and that's not happening. And second, how would the observers know of him if he was? I'm thinking yet another universe.

As far as the machine goes, I was thinking too narrowly. Walter's sending the machine back to the places they found in on this world (they do have a list of all the locations from the book, which as it turns out they probably wrote). But that still leaves the mystery of who built the machine in the first place. Because it wasn't them. They're still taking a machine built by someone else (who?) sending it through the temporal portal to whatever prehistoric epoch it was. And the machine that was in the alternate universe would still be there, built by whoever built it, just not sent back in time in that reality.

Complicated stuff.

As far as Peter never existing is concerned, I think that the observers could have seen the destruction of the universes coming, so they chose the Walter's, knowing they were smart enough to figure out "on their own" how to stop their universes from being destroyed, so they planted Peter as a seed in the Bishop's home on both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock 05-07-2011 02:39 AM

****ing awesome episode. Glad they didn't linger in the future. I was afraid we'd have another half season entirely in the future.

BigRedChief 05-07-2011 02:36 PM

I don't know about this Peter never existed story line. It's just not going to fly in the long term. Just like Olivia being killed. I dodn't buy it for a second and its a cheap plot trick.

This could be a cheap plot trick too. They had better tread lightly.

This series is at its best with the struggle/war between the two universes. They take that away, what is the series going to be about?

007 05-07-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7626187)
I don't know about this Peter never existed story line. It's just not going to fly in the long term. Just like Olivia being killed. I dodn't buy it for a second and its a cheap plot trick.

This could be a cheap plot trick too. They had better tread lightly.

This series is at its best with the struggle/war between the two universes. They take that away, what is the series going to be about?

It wasn't about the two universes until the second season. It could survive without that.

BigRedChief 05-07-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7626290)
It wasn't about the two universes until the second season. It could survive without that.

I was saying it was at its best when the two worlds were battling.

Buck 05-08-2011 02:59 PM

Funniest comment I've read.

"Peter transported to the Island because they turned the wheel."

Buck 05-08-2011 03:02 PM

Dane if you are reading this and watched the finale, let me know what you think. I don't even know if you are on here.

Tribal Warfare 05-09-2011 05:29 AM

I know it won't happen, but it would be pretty trippy if Peter becomes an observer or some variation( purgatory) of that to try to keep the balance because of his sacrifice.

Pedro 05-09-2011 06:49 PM

I thought it was a great episode and great way to begin wrapping up the whole alternate universe story line.

keg in kc 07-20-2011 05:20 AM

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MCjmBJ5hHDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 07-25-2011 05:18 AM

<object width="410" height="316" id="embed" align="middle" ><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf"/><param name="flashVars" value="mediaKey=719b3837-595b-4b41-bf9f-88ef8656c85c&config=wbembedplayer.xml"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><embed src="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf" flashVars="mediaKey=719b3837-595b-4b41-bf9f-88ef8656c85c&config=wbembedplayer.xml" width="410" height="316" name="embed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

keg in kc 08-25-2011 10:17 AM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IHH1WXYZAqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 08-25-2011 09:40 PM

I really hope that this new storyline leads them away from any Monster of the Week episodes they might have done.

007 08-25-2011 09:46 PM

I don't get everyones problem with the "monster of the week" format. X Files did it for years. Then when X Files decided to focus more on a upfront ongoing storyline instead of the ongoing backstory, people bitched.

This like that only in reverse. We can have both.

Buck 08-25-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7851251)
I don't get everyones problem with the "monster of the week" format. X Files did it for years. Then when X Files decided to focus more on a upfront ongoing storyline instead of the ongoing backstory, people bitched.

This like that only in reverse. We can have both.

I didn't watch X Files, but generally I hate MOTW episodes.

That's why I liked Lost so much.

keg in kc 08-25-2011 10:05 PM

Both is definitely better. I'd go with 38 minutes of monster-of-the-week and 5 minutes of serial tying everything together, with a few episodes dedicated to the main arc spread throughout the year.

keg in kc 09-10-2011 08:43 AM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NxQWm7FiEKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nfuJy7shK7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 09-16-2011 03:44 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s6vUO97fZmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-16-2011 04:40 PM

1:20 - so that's why they wouldn't show us who Olivia was talking to in the first sneak peek promo.

I'm as amped for this show as any on the slate.

Reaper16 09-16-2011 04:56 PM

After watching some of season 1 as it aired but dropping it, I watched the series from the beginning this past month. Well, I haven't started season 3 yet, but that'll be viewed in time for the season 4 premier. For me, the show became boner-inducing midway through season 2, when the focus starkly shifted away from Monster-of-the-Week.

Fish 09-16-2011 05:00 PM

I love Moster-of-the-Week format. Not an every week thing. But like how X-Files handled it. They mastered that shit.

Buck 09-16-2011 05:30 PM

Motw is the worst thing ever. The first 7 episodes or so of season 3 were great because they weren't motw. Then it became less interesting until the end of the season.

Fish 09-16-2011 05:34 PM

Screw you guys, I'm going over to the X-Files thread.

Buck 09-16-2011 11:34 PM

I got high tonight and though of what the end of this show is going to be.

One theory I came up with is that the very last scenes will show Walter going back in time and stopping himself from stealing Peter (and more importantly, not opening a rift between the worlds). This means that neither world has to collapse and all is well, except for Walter. It will cut to a shot of him sitting in the looney bin, with a long beard like when we very first saw him, rotting away.

What do you think?

Fish 09-16-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7914618)
I got high tonight and though of what the end of this show is going to be.

One theory I came up with is that the very last scenes will show Walter going back in time and stopping himself from stealing Peter (and more importantly, not opening a rift between the worlds). This means that neither world has to collapse and all is well, except for Walter. It will cut to a shot of him sitting in the looney bin, with a long beard like when we very first saw him, rotting away.

What do you think?

I think you had some good pot...

Buck 09-16-2011 11:40 PM

http://recordingsurface.blogsome.com...970b800wi.jpeg

NJChiefsFan 09-17-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7913892)
I love Moster-of-the-Week format. Not an every week thing. But like how X-Files handled it. They mastered that shit.

X-Files did that to perfection. Hell their Mythology was awesome too. Pumped this show is back on. Hope they get this season plus one more. Robert Orci, the guy that writes the time-travel stuff on this show and did so for Lost, knows how to do it.

listopencil 09-17-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7625837)
As far as Peter never existing is concerned, I think that the observers could have seen the destruction of the universes coming, so they chose the Walter's, knowing they were smart enough to figure out "on their own" how to stop their universes from being destroyed, so they planted Peter as a seed in the Bishop's home on both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is what immediately popped into my head. I assumed that the show implied that Peter was a construct designed to activate the Walters.

Buck 09-22-2011 03:57 AM

First episode of the season is MOTW.

Very minor spoilers here.
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/tel...es-return.html

keg in kc 09-23-2011 03:57 PM

I am so hyped for this. Between this and Supernatural, gonna be an awesome night of TV.

listopencil 09-23-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7931937)
First episode of the season is MOTW.

Very minor spoilers here.
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/tel...es-return.html

I just clicked on that link. That site has the movie Starship Troopers as 7 on the list of 10 greatest space operas of all time. They are dead to me.

Silock 09-24-2011 01:47 AM

Weak opening episode. MotW? Really?

keg in kc 09-24-2011 10:31 AM

I meant to post this last night, but I have a feeling that wasn't monster of the week.

keg in kc 10-02-2011 10:50 AM

Man, I really liked that one.

jiveturkey 10-03-2011 09:08 AM

I thought that Broyles on the other side was killed for helping Olivia get back???

Fish 10-03-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 7963840)
I thought that Broyles on the other side was killed for helping Olivia get back???

Yeah. What's up with that? I clearly remember this:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4...dabroyles2.jpg

I'm guessing that when Peter was "removed from existence", that it changed quite a few things with the current timelines in both universes. Including the former death of Alt-Broyles.

007 10-03-2011 10:26 AM

It definitely has something to do with Peter. I'm sure at some point we will find out the specifics of why he is now alive.

NJChiefsFan 10-10-2011 12:58 AM

Finally watched the 3 episodes from this season. Haven't had a chance and always watch them with a friend who has been busy. Good so far. I have some minor issues with the time-line effect of changing history but to each his own on how that actually would work.

I really like Linlcoln Lee, or would you say alternate Lincoln Lee since technically our sides Lincoln is the 2nd? Anyway, I can't stand other side Olivia or LL. Guess thats how they want it though. Olivia isn't the best actress, and being cocky is something she also isn't good at.

Good start so far. Getting the feeling that like Lost, they will take most of the season explaining the new enviornment before we get some real answers.

Silock 10-15-2011 02:03 AM

Episode tonight was really, really good.

007 10-15-2011 02:25 AM

Really?

Silock 10-15-2011 02:46 AM

I loved the interaction between Olivia and Walter. I thought they made that aspect of the character development very well. The storyline was "meh," aside from it being crucial to the overall story.

keg in kc 10-27-2011 05:30 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OyreFJ4eMmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2011 12:18 AM

So is this getting moved to next Friday I guess? Classic Lost season where half the season is used to get back to where the Season Finale left off.

Buck 01-18-2012 04:12 AM

Anyone watch the last episode?

It was excellent.

Mr. Plow 01-27-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8307441)
Anyone watch the last episode?

It was excellent.

Yup. Looking forward to how this season progresses.

arrowheadnation 02-10-2012 11:39 PM

Wow...tonight's ep was damn good! I was glued to the TV from start to finish. Man I hope they don't cancel this.

keg in kc 02-10-2012 11:44 PM

They handled the Olivia stuff perfectly. From the dream at the beginning that I thought was Peter, to the scene at the end. Right on the money.

arrowheadnation 02-10-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8364922)
They handled the Olivia stuff perfectly. From the dream at the beginning that I thought was Peter, to the scene at the end. Right on the money.

I'm thinking the David Robert Jones guy probably has something to do with Olivia's memories. I wonder if he has taken her hostage in Peter's universe or something.

007 02-11-2012 12:07 AM

damn fine episode with a perfect ending.

keg in kc 02-18-2012 06:24 AM

They've really upped the game the last two weeks. Can't wait for the ep next week. Looks huge.

Buck 02-18-2012 11:46 AM

WTF happened there?

I think its clear they were both captured by DRJ, but how?

I'm guessing that Nina was taking the cortexiphan too.

Tribal Warfare 02-18-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8380954)
They've really upped the game the last two weeks. Can't wait for the ep next week. Looks huge.

from the previews, shit is going to get real.

arrowheadnation 02-19-2012 11:08 PM

I just watched Friday's ep (and next week's teaser)....is it possible I was right (a few posts above) about Olivia being captured by DRJ in Peter's reality?

Buck 02-19-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 8384647)
I just watched Friday's ep (and next week's teaser)....is it possible I was right (a few posts above) about Olivia being captured by DRJ in Peter's reality?

I think its more likely they are captured by DRJ in their own timeline, but the other universe.

Silock 02-19-2012 11:28 PM

This show is so ****ing awesome.

frankotank 02-19-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8384689)
This show is so ****ing awesome.

this IS an awesome show. I've watched it from the beginning. modern day X files only it has even MORE possibilites. I love watching John Noble switch between the two Walters. great great acting.

I was really concerned when they made Peter be non-existant....I was like WTF! but they are making it work.

keg in kc 02-23-2012 09:12 AM

Possibly still alive:
Quote:

Question: I’m in pre-cancellation mourning for Fringe, so please cheer me up by letting me know if we’ll get to see Agent Charlie Francis one more time before the end. With Prime Suspect dead and buried, surely Kirk Acevedo has a bit of time to spare. —Anthony
Ausiello: A Fringe source tells me it’s a distinct possibility we’ll see Charlie again, but there’s nothing on the books at the moment. And don’t administer last rites to the show just yet. Despite those apocalyptic Nielsens, Fringe very much remains in the hunt for another season. One scenario allegedly being bandied about has it returning for a final 15-episode run. If that happens I will be an extremely happy person.

keg in kc 03-07-2012 12:35 AM

More from Ausiello -- he's upgraded his renewal scorecard for Fringe up to "A safe bet."

arrowheadnation 03-07-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8423992)
More from Ausiello -- he's upgraded his renewal scorecard for Fringe up to "A safe bet."

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keg in kc 04-13-2012 10:34 AM

Interesting stuff:
Quote:

Exclusive: Fringe Stars Talk Finale ('We Shot Two Endings'), Drop Clue About Season 5 Storyline

Fox’s Fringe, which for four years now has traded in dual universes, doppelgängers and shape-shifting body doubles, is fittingly prepping alt versions of its Season 4 finale, as Fox and Warner Bros. TV continue to negotiate the possibility of a Season 5.

“We’ve shot two [endings],” John Noble told TVLine at the opening of the Beverly Hills Paley Center’s “Television: Out of the Box” exhibit, which was created in conjunction with Warner Bros. TV.

Noble says many “big questions” will be answered in the season finale airing May 11 — including the matter of Olivia being fated to die (and whether the animated episode’s “Mr. X” figures into it) and Walter shouldering the burden of responsibility for the warring universes. Viewers also can expect a surprise on the villainy front (David Robert Jones plays “a very big part, but not as big as you think,” Noble teased. “There’s something bigger.”)

But as Joshua Jackson told us Thursday night, “The writers have given themselves a device by which we can tell a fifth-season story without having to leave this season’s story open.”

Although Lance Reddick, who plays Broyles, could not elaborate on the alternate endings, he did affirm, “The way [Season 4] ends could function as a series finale, but there’s one storyline left open that could end up as a cliffhanger for the beginning of the fifth season…. We’ll see what airs depending on what [Fox and WBTV] decide.”

If Fox does pull the trigger on some semblance of a Season 5 – be it a truncated 13-episode order or what have you – viewers will get a clue as to that new storyline much sooner than they may think.

“The door to the fifth season is opened in Episode 19 (airing April 20),” Jackson told us. “If you watch that, you’ll have an understanding of where they want to take the series.” (Possible clue/spoiler alert: Episode 19 takes place in the year 2036 and features a “game-changing battle” between the Fringe team and the Observers.)

But as for where things currently stand with the renewal order…. “I hear warm and fuzzy things — but I’ve been hearing them all the time,” Noble said. “We just picked up [TV Guide Magazine's] fan award for Best Drama and so forth, and the fans have always been very supportive… [and] I know the Fox executives actually like Fringe very much. But they run a business. I think we’ll be back, but we’ll wait and see.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Buck 04-20-2012 11:35 PM

****ing A. That needs to be its own show. Fringe 2036 is awesome.

Baby Lee 04-20-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8556857)
****ing A. That needs to be its own show. Fringe 2036 is awesome.

It is effing wild to sit down to a familiar TV show that conventional wisdom has winding down it's story arc, hoping merely for satisfactory closure, and see . . . AMBITION.

Now I'm hoping for . . . 6 seasons and a movie. ;)

Baby Lee 04-21-2012 12:36 AM

http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2...vich.jpg?w=416

Pacey? . . . You ARE the father.

Called my shot, the instant the setting was 2036.

Silock 04-21-2012 02:31 AM

Awesome.

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2012 02:43 AM

If they go into the 2036 continuity it will be interesting how "full brained "Walter's personality will be altered further.

keg in kc 04-21-2012 03:51 AM

I haven't watched tonight's yet, but I read somewhere earlier in the week that next season likely would take place in 2036. If there is a next season.

007 04-21-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8556993)
I haven't watched tonight's yet, but I read somewhere earlier in the week that next season likely would take place in 2036. If there is a next season.

FOX better not cancel after that ep. I want to see where this goes damnit!!!!

arrowheadnation 04-22-2012 12:28 AM

My god that episode was a mind **** and a half!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! I freakin loved it. The hiatus is going to be a long and agonizing wait!!!

jiveturkey 04-22-2012 09:43 AM

So is that the kid that Walternate took from bizzaro Olivia.

Buck 04-22-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8556993)

I doubt the whole season, maybe an episode or two.

007 04-22-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8558994)
I doubt the whole season, maybe an episode or two.

Ausselo seems to think next year will be in the future. If there is a next year.