ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which Safety Do You Want the Chiefs To Sign? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321406)

staylor26 02-21-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14117192)
Can you imagine Collins and Adderley in the same backfield? That'd be so awesome.

Jesus, talk about morning wood

htismaqe 02-21-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14117267)
I was hoping to sign more of a FS because box safeties are easier to find but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.

There just isn't a good market for the centerfielder guys. Earl Thomas is coming off an injury and he's aging - I'm just not down with that. Amos will probably be overpaid and the rest of the guys just aren't that great in the deep middle.

If they could get Collins and draft a FS, they'd be in pretty good shape.

Stryker 02-21-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14117177)
The time to have signed Earl Thomas was last year. He's damaged goods and he's going to Dallas anyway. That ship has sailed. Move on.

This

htismaqe 02-21-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14117276)
Jesus, talk about morning wood

ROFL

No kidding.

Rausch 02-21-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14117284)
There just isn't a good market for the centerfielder guys. Earl Thomas is coming off an injury and he's aging - I'm just not down with that. Amos will probably be overpaid and the rest of the guys just aren't that great in the deep middle.

If they could get Collins and draft a FS, they'd be in pretty good shape.

I was under the impression that this wasn't a great year for S in the draft. I know it's early and the combine hasn't even happened yet...

htismaqe 02-21-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14117353)
I was under the impression that this wasn't a great year for S in the draft. I know it's early and the combine hasn't even happened yet...

There's a few good ones that fall into the late 1st to late 2nd range.

There's no Eric Berry in this draft but a guy like Nasir Adderley could probably start day 1.

Skyy God 02-21-2019 12:52 PM

A cheap-ish vet. Someone like Vaccaro or Weddle (if cut).

Draft a future starter/replacement before round 4.

Angry fan 02-21-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14116912)
It's funny that people in this thread are not reading the five other threads about this today. Here let me sum up:

To be clear, emmy winning ESPN contributor says he cleaned out his locker, smug NY Post beat reporter says oh actually that's not true at all he has not and then Landon Collins himself says yeah I did I don't need any of that shit I left, severely burning NY Post reporter and embarrassing him in front of God and Country, much to the chagrin of Giants fans who lost their shit, then said whew that was close, then lost their shit 3x as hard.

I don't understand any of this. I thought all players of all teams clear our their locker rooms after the season is over.:shrug:

Chris Meck 02-21-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior (Post 14117252)
Probably won't happen but maybe my favorite scenario with the safety position

It could, but you'd have to tag and trade Ford.