ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320906)

BigRedChief 06-29-2019 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We will have the fundraiser/BBQ competition event on Saturday in the "X" parking lot. This will also be the place to meet up for the BBQ competition/tailgate on Sunday. OP has been updated.

Here's what was agreed to by the Jags and Arrowhead South:
· We have received approval to use Lot X for both Saturday and Sunday
· You can load in on Saturday at anytime and will have access throughout the day
· The event has been approved to benefit the Patrick Mahomes Foundation. We will get back to you ASAP with a recommendation of a Jaguars player foundation.
· Alcohol can be consumed, but not served without a liquor license
· The Jaguars will incur the costs of: half of the rental fee, tables, chairs, flood lights, portlets, cleaning service between Saturday and Sunday

scho63 06-29-2019 04:33 PM

Jeez, did the Jags also agree to paint the stadium red and change the name to Arrowhead for the day?

BigRedChief 06-29-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14328353)
Jeez, did the Jags also agree to paint the stadium red and change the name to Arrowhead for the day?

so your saying we started the beat down a little early before Mahomes comes to town and finishes the job?ROFL

SAUTO 06-29-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14328530)
so your saying we started the beat down a little early before Mahones goes to town on them?ROFL

Drinks on the beach today?

BigRedChief 06-29-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14328532)
Drinks on the beach today?

:#**** no. Friends daughters grad party.

SAUTO 06-29-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14328541)
:#**** no. Friends daughters grad party.

Damn the luck.

scho63 06-29-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor (Post 14309444)
I just bought row 2 tickets buddy. I'll be coming down. Can't wait to see you again

Looks like you guys will have some meth at the tailgate party......:clap:

BigRedChief 06-29-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14328604)
Looks like you guys will have some meth at the tailgate party......:clap:

when I went back to Arrowhead for the Raiders game that we clinched HFA last year, I met him. He seemed sober. Let’s hope he stayed that way.

scho63 06-30-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14328826)
when I went back to Arrowhead for the Raiders game that we clinched HFA last year, I met him. He seemed sober. Let’s hope he stayed that way.

:thumb:

Mosbonian 07-14-2019 10:34 AM

BRC....are these details still good to go? Some things have changed for me and now it looks like I will be able to go to the game.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-14-2019 06:50 PM

8 weeks until it’s go time. I’m so ****ing pumped.

BigRedChief 07-14-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14347407)
BRC....are these details still good to go? Some things have changed for me and now it looks like I will be able to go to the game.

yep, the information in the OP is current. Best bet, call Alexa, tell her your with Arrowhead South and see what sests are available and cost.

ChiefEd 07-20-2019 07:27 AM

Got our room booked. Went with the Hyatt Regency downtown. Walking distance to Lot X, which seemed like it was worth a few extra bucks. Rates weren’t bad, $200 for a suite.

Everything is set now (game, flights, hotel, and ‘Reek will be playing). September can’t get here quick enough...

Keep us posted on when we need to buy tickets for the tailgate, etc...

GO CHIEFS!

BigRedChief 07-20-2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefEd (Post 14355974)
Got our room booked. Went with the Hyatt Regency downtown. Walking distance to Lot X, which seemed like it was worth a few extra bucks. Rates weren’t bad, $200 for a suite.

Everything is set now (game, flights, hotel, and ‘Reek will be playing). September can’t get here quick enough...

Keep us posted on when we need to buy tickets for the tailgate, etc...

GO CHIEFS!

The professional event planner that's volunteering her time is going to Jacksonville this coming week. She is going to measure lot X to see how much room we have after all the BBQ teams set up. Will meet the VP of the Jags and iron out all the details and logistics of the fundraiser and tailgate. She will go back to the KC BBQ society and make sure they are okay with the Jags rules.

Then we have to iron out the logistics on how the Mahomes foundation will handle the money.We wont have anything to do with money. We already have a great start on getting sponsors on board. We are shooting for all expenses for the event will be paid by sponsors.We fell confident that every penny paid by fans at the fundraiser on Saturday night and collected at the tailgate will go to charity.

The Arrowhead South group has sold 350+ upper level seats and 160 lower level seats. We are guess-estimating another 150 bought from 3rd party sellers. Expecting 150-250 Chief fans to attend the Mahomes foundation fundraiser on Saturday night. 700-1000 to attend the tailgate.

Mosbonian 07-28-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14356119)
The professional event planner that's volunteering her time is going to Jacksonville this coming week. She is going to measure lot X to see how much room we have after all the BBQ teams set up. Will meet the VP of the Jags and iron out all the details and logistics of the fundraiser and tailgate. She will go back to the KC BBQ society and make sure they are okay with the Jags rules.

Then we have to iron out the logistics on how the Mahomes foundation will handle the money.We wont have anything to do with money. We already have a great start on getting sponsors on board. We are shooting for all expenses for the event will be paid by sponsors.We fell confident that every penny paid by fans at the fundraiser on Saturday night and collected at the tailgate will go to charity.

The Arrowhead South group has sold 350+ upper level seats and 160 lower level seats. We are guess-estimating another 150 bought from 3rd party sellers. Expecting 150-250 Chief fans to attend the Mahomes foundation fundraiser on Saturday night. 700-1000 to attend the tailgate.

Quick question......is the link above still one that you can use to buy tickets? I have told a couple of other local Chiefs fans I have happened upon wearing my Chiefs gear around town about the game and the events. Can they still go to that link and get tickets? Or should they also call Alexa?