ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink The ethics of get-it-yourself refills. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318082)

wazu 10-10-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13806198)
This is a tad off topic...but anyone ever upsize an order at Carls Jr? Here in Phoenix, I went through the drive thru...ordered 3 meals and they asked me if I wanted to "upsize" my order...larger drink/fries...I said sure. When I got to the window they charged me an extra $12.00 dollars...$4.00 per meal for slightly larger order of fries and drinks! I told the chick that was outrageous and she had that look like she'd heard that response more than once. I have driven off but had people waiting on me to return with food. I'll be eating inside from now one and getting that "water" cup T-Post Tom is talking about...will take me years to get even.

You realize you’ve just outed yourself as the guy who bitches about prices to the cashier of fast food, right?

FAX 10-10-2018 09:03 PM

Another unfortunate victim of the ol' Carl's Jr. Upsize Con.

I thought everybody was hip to that fast-food flimflam.

FAX

listopencil 10-11-2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13804110)
Have any of you owned a business that serves soda?

It’s been 10 years since I have, and I can tell you it more than .05 material per drink.

I think our material cost with cup was around .50-.60 per 32oz soda. That’s what Pepsi charged.

Prefer coke though, but their service out here sucked.m

Beer is a huge profit item.

Pepsi was ripping you off.

Fishpicker 10-11-2018 06:58 AM

I only get soft drinks from the older fountains with mutiple nozzles. you couldn't pay me to use one of those touch-screen kiosks with a single nozzle. those things never get cleaned.

Buehler445 10-11-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13805721)
Careful, gotta keep your asshole options open!!

I've got PLENTY of asshole options. I have plenty of capacity to boycott Chipotle's asshole option.

Mr. Plow 10-11-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13806168)
I had no idea that McDonald's did that. I wonder if that affects the sizes that people order.

It does for me through the drive through. If I'm paying $1 for a large or a small, I might as well order the big one regardless if I'm going to drink it.

Like someone said earlier, the mark up on pop is so high even at $1 per large they are making like $0.95 profit on it. Then, with the profit margin so high even at $1, when you go to a place like Burger King or Wendy's and they charge you $2.50+ for a large, you wonder how they sleep at night. Probably on a bed of money, that's how.

ClevelandBronco 10-11-2018 08:29 AM

Went to Panera last night, as I do every Wednesday night, to meet three buddies and solve the world's problems for a couple hours. I ordered the largest drink, as I always do, only because I intended to refill it. After all these years, refilling still seems like cheating to me, so I ask permission before doing so. I don't ask every time I visit an establishment, but I ask the first time and assume that answer for any later visits.

patteeu 10-11-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13806921)
Went to Panera last night, as I do every Wednesday night, to meet three buddies and solve the world's problems for a couple hours. I ordered the largest drink, as I always do, only because I intended to refill it. After all these years, refilling still seems like cheating to me, so I ask permission before doing so. I don't ask every time I visit an establishment, but I ask the first time and assume that answer for any later visits.

Rest easy in the future with the knowledge that if an establishment makes their soda fountain self-serve, refills are an implied part of the deal. STOP ASKING PERMISSION LIKE A SCARED LITTLE GIRL. You're an alpha male, start acting like it! :p

ClevelandBronco 10-11-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13806929)
Rest easy in the future with the knowledge that if an establishment makes their soda fountain self-serve, refills are an implied part of the deal. STOP ASKING PERMISSION LIKE A SCARED LITTLE GIRL. You're an alpha male, start acting like it! :p

I'm scheduling a therapy session now to deal with the negative inner voice that was triggered by your aggressive and hurtful post. :deevee:

Believe the victim, people!

wazu 10-11-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13806931)
I'm scheduling a therapy session now to deal with the negative inner voice that was triggered by your aggressive and hurtful post. :deevee:

Believe the victim, people!

I mean, I’d assume you’re kidding, but you just told us you meet up with your buddies for dinner at Panera once a week.

ClevelandBronco 10-11-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 13806938)
I mean, I’d assume you’re kidding, but you just told us you meet up with your buddies for dinner at Panera once a week.

The others who were at this gathering will all offer affidavits under penalty of felony denying that dinner even happened.

I had a big drink. I like big drinks.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-11-2018 09:02 AM

Why don't they do this with beer?

threebag 10-11-2018 09:55 AM

I rarely drink a soda when I go out to eat. If they don’t carry fresh brewed tea I usually opt for water. TBH I would rather have milk than a soda if it came down to it.

Rain Man 10-11-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 13806224)
I’ve been drinking diet cola drinks for the last 30-35 years. I’m 71. I made it through Vietnam Nam as an Infantryman (11B) with only minor injuries.

SOMETHING will take us all out. Might as well go out enjoying what you do, right?

If it comes down to it, I'd rather get taken down by soda than the Viet Cong. It's less heroic, but more satisfying.

FAX 10-11-2018 10:13 AM

The Viet Cong lack carbonation, too.

FAX