ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Kansas City should trade for Deone Bucannon & Haason Reddick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318040)

Sassy Squatch 10-09-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13803164)
getting either if these guys is basically admitting Hitchens or Ragland was a mistake/bust acquisition.

Well, we can't have that. Let's just pretend that everything is fine on defense and not pursue avenues to improve the team.

The Franchise 10-09-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13803176)
Not really. He's a different kind of backer. He would actually be playing more like O'Daniel, which would kind of be a wasted draft pick I think.

What it would do is allow Hitchens to slide over into Ragland's spot and get Ragland off the field altogether...

I wouldn't view O'Daniel as a wasted draft pick if they do trade for Reddick. We always complain about having depth. Well....what's better than having two guys who can do the same job? Lose one....you've got one to fill in. Plus it gives you flexibility with who you want on the field at the same time and what looks you can give the offense.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-09-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13803188)
I wouldn't view O'Daniel as a wasted draft pick if they do trade for Reddick. We always complain about having depth. Well....what's better than having two guys who can do the same job? Lose one....you've got one to fill in. Plus it gives you flexibility with who you want on the field at the same time and what looks you can give the offense.

Exactly

htismaqe 10-09-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13803188)

I suppose. Still you'd like your 3rd round picks to eventually be more than just depth.

The Franchise 10-09-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13803192)
I suppose. Still you'd like your 3rd round picks to eventually be more than just depth.

Then you keep O'Daniel as a starter....and give Reddick more looks at OLB. The good thing is....you could rush O'Daniel from the inside and not give up coverage ability with dropping back Reddick.

htismaqe 10-09-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13803196)
Then you keep O'Daniel as a starter....and give Reddick more looks at OLB. The good thing is....you could rush O'Daniel from the inside and not give up coverage ability with dropping back Reddick.

True. I'm all for doing anything that puts Ragland on the bench. Hitchens and Reddick together would be pretty boss.

staylor26 10-09-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13803164)
getting either if these guys is basically admitting Hitchens or Ragland was a mistake/bust acquisition.

This would have absolutely nothing to do with Hitchens. Ragland is what he is, a cheap 2 down ILB. Reddick would most likely be replacing Smith as the nickel/dime LB next to Hitchens.

htismaqe 10-09-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13803199)
This would have absolutely nothing to do with Hitchens. Ragland is what he is, a cheap 2 down ILB. Reddick would most likely be replacing Smith as the nickel/dime LB next to Hitchens.

Exactly.

The Franchise 10-09-2018 05:18 PM

****.......just the sheer amount of speed that would be on the field would be a huge upgrade over what we have now. Especially if O'Daniel starts getting more snaps.

staylor26 10-09-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13803213)
****.......just the sheer amount of speed that would be on the field would be a huge upgrade over what we have now. Especially if O'Daniel starts getting more snaps.

The more I look into it, I love this idea.

You get this guy and it allows Sorensen to play more of a S role if/when he comes back. You get Berry back too and this defense will be good enough to win a SB IMO.

mcaj22 10-09-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13803199)

Well they are both terrible so either one that gets replaced is a net positive.

htismaqe 10-09-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13803243)

Hitchens is not terrible. Sorry.

staylor26 10-09-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13803243)

Hitchens is terrible?

He hasn’t quite lived up to his contract, but he’s playing better than DJ did last year and he’s probably still learning the defense.

This is much different than the defense he played in Dallas and we’re 5 games in. You don’t get to learn on the field in TC these days given how short they are. Not to mention he missed a significant portion due to injury. Some of you guys have no patience man.

htismaqe 10-09-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13803251)
Hitchens is terrible?

He hasn’t quite lived up to his contract, but he’s playing better than DJ did last year and he’s probably still learning the defense.

This is much different than the defense he played in Dallas and we’re 5 games in. You don’t get to learn on the field in TC these days given how short they are. Not to mention he missed a significant portion due to injury. Some of you guys have no patience man.

He's also surrounded by crap like Smith, Ragland, and Murray.

DenverChief 10-09-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13803251)
Hitchens is terrible?

Sinfixant ....you corrected it but :LOL: