ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo's Presser (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265110)

milkman 10-14-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9013963)
I have trouble with Crennel being the head coach of my nephew's 6th grade team.

It's amazing he's such a good D-coordinator and such a horrid coach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9013986)
I think he's a lot better at coordinating defenses than he gets credit for on CP. Very good coordinator. Absolutely, positively shitty head coach.

Romeo Crennel was a damn good defensive coordinator, 10 years ago.

The game has passed him by.

Even with success at attacking the QB and attacking the gaps in previous games, he continues to fall back to his comfort zone.

He still believes in read and react and waiting for the offense to make mistakes, and only switches to attack mode when all else fails.

He's a relic.

I fully expected this team to go to shit with Romeo Crennel as the HC.

I am admittedly surprised they did it so quickly.

This guy needs to retire, or be fired along with Pioli and everyone else associated with this shit administration.

The Bad Guy 10-14-2012 06:13 PM

Amen Milk. Amen

He's not a good coordinator. If you think Romeo's HC duties (which I'm not sure what he does on the sideline besides look like he's studying for a midterm) is taking away from his ability to call a defense, then you're wrong.

His schemes are exploitable because he hasn't evolved with the NFL.

58-4ever 10-14-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9014033)

Even with success at attacking the QB and attacking the gaps in previous games, he continues to fall back to his comfort zone.

He still believes in read and react and waiting for the offense to make mistakes, and only switches to attack mode when all else fails.

He's a relic.

This guy needs to retire, or be fired along with Pioli and everyone else associated with this shit administration.

Wholeheartedly agree. This is going to be the biggest rebuild since Dick took over. Maybe bigger. Next years squad, coaching staff, and front office will (hopefully) have a whole new look. I'm in the DeCosta, Smith, and Gruden camp. Is that an option?

milkman 10-14-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9014049)
Wholeheartedly agree. This is going to be the biggest rebuild since Dick took over. Maybe bigger. Next years squad, coaching staff, and front office will (hopefully) have a whole new look. I'm in the DeCosta, Smith, and Gruden camp. Is that an option?

Just say no to Gruden.

Oh Snap 10-14-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

He's a relic.

I endorse your bid for president.

1ChiefsDan 10-14-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9012848)
you could fire him, but who is gonna replace him as the interim. There is no Def. Coordinator. The offensive coordinator is a moran.

No shit and Gannon with the dumb ****ing comment during the game about what a good idea it was for RAC to do both. :banghead:

dallaschiefsfan 10-14-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

He's a relic.

Truer words could not have been said. I don't think anyone would have predicted it would fall apart this quickly. I looked back to my reaction post to when they hired Romeo. I was WAY OFF in the first part of my post...but the end result was the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 8278592)
Players Coach = Frenzy of positivity (and probably wins) for about a season and a half w/ no playoff wins...and then Romeo starts looking like Wade Phillips on the sidelines with little phrase-bubbles above his head, wondering where his diet coke is...

saphojunkie 10-14-2012 06:21 PM

Step one:

Lose the rest of our games.

Step two:

Fire Scott Pioli.

Step three:

Hire Eric DeCosta at any price.

Step four:

New head coach who will not be a coordinator.

Step five:

Get rid of this shit ass defense from before QB's were routinely throwing for 4,000 yards.

Step six:

Get rid of this shit ass run-first offense from before QB's were routinely throwing for 4,000 yards.

Step seven:

Draft Geno Smith.

Step eight:

Free parking for preseason as an apology.

jspchief 10-14-2012 06:34 PM

He's only fielded great defenses in 2 of his years at DC.

He's been gravy-training off Brady just as much as everyone else.

BigMeatballDave 10-14-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9014076)
Step three:

Hire Eric DeCosta at any price.

Not happening

Reerun_KC 10-14-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9014006)
Romeo knows he can't win with Cassel/Quinn, and is fine with just collecting a fat paycheck. The word is he was too soft on his team in Cleveland, and given the circumstances here, I'm guessing he's even softer. It's not going to end well for Pioli - tying your fortunes to Crennel and Cassel.

Romeo couldn't win with a Brady Montana elway love child. Dude is.a.fraudulent joke.

Messier 10-14-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9012937)
:)

Nope. **** you for starting Palko beyond the point of any reason.

el borracho 10-14-2012 07:43 PM

"Hmmmm... millionaire estates or countryside acres?"/ Crennel

petegz28 10-14-2012 07:47 PM

Bill Maas summed it up after the game. "As a player, you hear your HC saying he doesn't understand what is going on then he hands you a game plan for the next game?" Point being why would the players believe in the game plan when you say you don't understand what is going on?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-14-2012 07:48 PM

Soooo much love for Newsome's lackey