ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official Meltdown Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339950)

mililo4cpa 09-26-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15856768)
100%

And yes, I know they never call a penalty on hail mary attempts, but Tyreek was being absolutely date raped on that play compared to what went on during the Sneed play.

I get that there is going to be a “scrum” on a Hail Mary…..but to let defenders just tackle people is wrong

If defenders are going for the ball, then, yeah, contact is OK….but count how many backsides of Chargers you see on that play

JPH83 09-26-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15856892)
If 30 year old Sorensen who is constantly beaten is still playing over a guy you picked in the 2nd round, he's a terrible pick.

Possible, and I was thinking this. I still think Spags continuing to pick Sorensen is madness and mindless stubborness. But maybe also Thornhill isn't that great.

Baby Lee 09-26-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15856918)
Even with the defense being absolute garbage, we really beat ourselves more than either ram beat us.

Has anyone explained to Reid that the losses still count if we lose to ourselves?

rukiddingme 09-26-2021 03:25 PM

The turnovers are frustrating, but they haven't been an issue in the past and probably won't be going forward. Still, it's back to back sloppy games that would likely have been won if not for those turnovers. We're beating ourselves.

More concerning is the way both lines have looked. Herbert had so much time to do whatever he wanted. Call his mom, set a souffle, write the next great American novel. The only sack we had today was a coverage sack that took about 8 seconds to get home. On the other side, the run blocking has looked good, but Mahomes was constantly under pressure. Bosa is a beast sure, but isn't that what Chris Jones is supposed to be? A gamewrecker? We aren't getting any pressure on the opposing QB and Mahomes is constantly having to play Superman to get a pass off. In the past that hasn't mattered that often, but it would sure be nice if just once the tables were turned.

KCTitus 09-26-2021 03:32 PM

Not going to melt down...this team is flat and I do think it's evidence of the SuperBowl Hangover. the team has been fortunate to actually be in the game given how poorly they have played.

KC had no business winning when the team goes -3 in the turnover ratio...Chargers tried to give the game away. KC really needs a pass rush, desperately.

At this point, I dont see KC making the playoffs...

ThaVirus 09-26-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15856968)
Has anyone explained to Reid that the losses still count if we lose to ourselves?

I'm sure he's aware.

Point I'm trying to make is that these last couple losses can be cleaned up as they weren't purely a result of the team whipping our ass out there.

Guys hang onto the football and we win both of these games handily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rukiddingme (Post 15857001)
The turnovers are frustrating, but they haven't been an issue in the past and probably won't be going forward. Still, it's back to back sloppy games that would likely have been won if not for those turnovers. We're beating ourselves.

More concerning is the way both lines have looked. Herbert had so much time to do whatever he wanted. Call his mom, set a souffle, write the next great American novel. The only sack we had today was a coverage sack that took about 8 seconds to get home. On the other side, the run blocking has looked good, but Mahomes was constantly under pressure. Bosa is a beast sure, but isn't that what Chris Jones is supposed to be? A gamewrecker? We aren't getting any pressure on the opposing QB and Mahomes is constantly having to play Superman to get a pass off. In the past that hasn't mattered that often, but it would sure be nice if just once the tables were turned.

Agreed, this is the worst thing for me. The trenches are just absurdly bad right now on both sides.

Good news is that it can get better. The OL is young and each week together pushes them toward the more finished product. On defense, we've got a few things: 1) get Clark healthy. He may suck, but we need him to earn his paycheck. 2) We've gotta move Jones back inside. I don't care if we're weak at DE. You don't take an All-Pro and make him change positions. By doing so, we've created two glaring weaknesses where there was only one. Let the shitty DEs sink or swim on their own.

Also, we need to get Sorenson and Neimann off the field. I don't give a shit if they're Spagnuolo's guys. They need to grab some bench, stat. There is absolutely no reason why Thornhill should not be on the field.

And the lil Chiefy in me is holding out hope for Gay, even though he's a brokedick at this point.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-26-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15856712)
Snead's penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen. That ball was at least ten feet over the receiver's head at the exact moment Snead hit him, and it landed ten yards past them. Nobody on earth could have caught that pass

I agree with that. :thumb:

bigjosh 09-26-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 15856574)
I’m confident we beat the Eagles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, i thought we had the bills next week. My mistake.

mr. tegu 09-26-2021 03:42 PM

It sounds uncomfortably like Rivers era Chargers in here with the “if we just stop hurting ourselves we win.” Granted they really perfected losing games they shouldn’t and Mahomes is way better, but like them, and us (not just this year) making unforced mistakes is becoming a pattern that can’t simply be shrugged off as happenstance.

Frazod 09-26-2021 03:52 PM

I'm fairly disgusted at this point. What the **** is going on with these clowns? They're lazy, sloppy and stupid. ****ing bakers don't make this many turnovers.

Way too much talent on this team for them to be 1 and ****ing 2 right now. It's inexcusable.

mr. tegu 09-26-2021 04:14 PM

I think the worst thing about the last two games is that in both of them we had the ball last with a chance to win at the buzzer and failed both times. As an offensive dominant team that should not happen.

bobhill 09-26-2021 04:17 PM

Let's hope Will Gay Jr can finally debutt

Bowser 09-26-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobhill (Post 15857241)
Let's hope Will Gay Jr can finally debutt

Yeah, he needs to get healthy and out there. Hopefully that toe won't be an issue going forward.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-26-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 15857031)
Not going to melt down...

At this point, I dont see KC making the playoffs...

I only heard these two parts. LMAO

BryanBusby 09-26-2021 04:27 PM

It's fixable. Well most of it.

They just need to acquire something better than a road cone as the #2 WR and let the OL get better as a unit.

It's close.