ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:32 PM

It is kind of nice that Mizzou has a drum and a trophy from the last Big XII football game we ever played as well as a net and a trophy from the last Big XII basketball game we ever played.

Thanks for the lovely parting gifts.

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 02:33 PM

MU icon. Conference realignment title. Yeah, I understand why this attracts all of the KU (basketball) fans, since no one, including your own university, gives two shits about football.

Saulbadguy 03-28-2012 02:36 PM

Given the cyclical nature of conference realignment, would it be safe to say that in the end, this is better for everyone involved?

Compare college football now to college football in the 70's. Has it gotten worst, or better (financially) for both larger and smaller athletic departments?

On an individual level, I don't think it matters more than the big picture. Most of the time, schools will move on to bigger conferences. They will get more money. They will spend more money. Everyone wins.

Braincase 03-28-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8499446)
MU icon. Conference realignment title. Yeah, I understand why this attracts all of the KU (basketball) fans, since no one, including your own university, gives two shits about football.

If that were true, we would've kept Turner Gill.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8499446)

I thought this was the Media Center for the Ottowa Roughriders board.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8499453)
Given the cyclical nature of conference realignment, would it be safe to say that in the end, this is better for everyone involved?

Compare college football now to college football in the 70's. Has it gotten worst, or better (financially) for both larger and smaller athletic departments?

On an individual level, I don't think it matters more than the big picture. Most of the time, schools will move on to bigger conferences. They will get more money. They will spend more money. Everyone wins.

So you're saying that every school will sell out every game now? /Wickedson

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499424)
Would going 0-9 in conference play qualify?

Do you have any pointers to offer?

It still cracks me up that Nebraska's been gone for a year and has won a Big XII game more recently than Kansas. LMAO

You should already understand it, you haven't done anything in Basketball for so long you've completely disowned the entire sport.

Hell, you haven't done much in football since 1969

You haven't won a Big 12 football title since .... ever.
You haven't won a Big 12 basketball title since .... ever.
You haven't won a Big 12 baseball title since ... ever

don't worry ... you'll always have women's softball

Softball - Missouri - 2011 Champions

BourbonMan 03-28-2012 02:44 PM

This thread should have been called..." The Saul Good and Wickedson Bitch Fest"...cause basically that's all it's been.

Saulbadguy 03-28-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499468)
So you're saying that every school will sell out every game now? /Wickedson

FISHING FOR A SERIOUS RESPONSE

Braincase 03-28-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8499484)

You might consider using stink bait. Best way to catch those bottom feeders.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8499484)

I think it's still too early to say that everyone is better off financially for it. Texas, for example, has had to make due with a smaller piece (proportionally) of a larger pie. I don't know if that's a net gain or loss for them.

What's more is that I still feel that 4 superconferences are inevitable, if not imminent. The teams that get left out may suffer in the long run. Then again, maybe they would be better off in their own division anyway. The top 64ish teams can have their own football division and play each other in something that resembles a professional league with 4 divisions with the winners and some wildcards advancing to the postseason.

It makes too much sense NOT to happen, and that's the only reason it might not happen.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8499493)
You might consider using stink bait. Best way to catch those bottom feeders.

"Bottom feeders"? Is that what they're calling last place in the Big XII, now?

Frazod 03-28-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499471)
You should already understand it, you haven't done anything in Basketball for so long you've completely disowned the entire sport.

Hell, you haven't done much in football since 1969

You haven't won a Big 12 football title since .... ever.
You haven't won a Big 12 basketball title since .... ever.
You haven't won a Big 12 baseball title since ... ever

don't worry ... you'll always have women's softball

Softball - Missouri - 2011 Champions

Frankly I care about as much about women's softball as I do men's basketball. Perhaps more, if they're hot.

Braincase 03-28-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499549)
"Bottom feeders"? Is that what they're calling last place in the Big XII, now?

Wouldn't know. In Lawrence, it's still basketball season.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8499584)
Wouldn't know. In Lawrence, it's still basketball season.

Saying it's basketball season in Lawrence is like saying it's winter in Antarctica. Even when it's not, it is.