ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Pepe Silvia 06-02-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725868)
Holy shit that was rough. And I knew it was coming.

Ditto. It was worth waiting two weeks for that. I'm pumped for the season finale, looked great.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725876)
That was about as well as they could have possibly done it, for people who hadn't read the books. Played it like everything is fine right up until the last possible moment. Starts the Rains, Cat knows, and it's all downhill from there.

One of those moments where I wish I could un-know what happens.

And man was her throat-cutting graphic rofl

Yeah, it was!!! Blood gusher!!! Thought my wife was going to cry when they killed his wolf.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9725891)
I don't know what other event in any other book I have read had an equally strong emotional impact on me as the Red Wedding. 'Brutal' doesn't do it justice.

Same for me. That was the moment that really made me realize that I was reading something special.

I was pacing tonight, it was very hard to watch, and I may have had some dust in my eye with Cat's plea at the end.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9725898)
Ditto. It was worth waiting two weeks for that. I'm pumped for the season finale, looked great.

I am torn but more or less, glad they broke this book up into 2 seasons. I mean just think, even with 1 week left we are "half way" through book 3. Could you imagine if they tried to cram that all in 1 season?

Frazod 06-02-2013 08:05 PM

Just got off the phone with one of my friends who hasn't read the books. He sounded like somebody had just kicked him in the stomach.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9725893)
It's been killing me not being able to talk about that shot. I worked on that particular shot for well over a week. Made me squirm in my chair every day.

Sounds like me when I gotta work on surgical video. I don't envy you that one bit.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725902)
Same for me. That was the moment that really made me realize that I was reading something special.

Yes it changes just about everything. I was just telling the Wife, think about it, all the original "good guys" are pretty much dead or scattered and thought to be dead.

Ned Stark....dead
Rob Stark....dead
Catlin Stark...dead
Stanza...trapped
Arya...on the run
Bran...thought to be dead
Rikkon...thought to be dead

soopamanluva 06-02-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9725899)
Yeah, it was!!! Blood gusher!!! Thought my wife was going to cry when they killed his wolf.

Even though I braced her for the red wedding, my wife got up and left the room.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:09 PM

They did really great with the Hound saving Arya, too. I can't wait to see that duo play out. He's very similar to Jamie in that I hate him in book 1 and love him in book 3.

petegz28 06-02-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9725933)
They did really great with the Hound saving Arya, too. I can't wait to see that duo play out. He's very similar to Jamie in that I hate him in book 1 and love him in book 3.

You have to hand it to Martin in his writing. He takes people like the Hound and Jamie and presents sides that make you see things so differently than you did originally about them.

I mean, is Jamie really any different from Ned Stark or just on different sides? Ned was honorable and remember Jamie got his ass chewed by his Dad for not killing Ned Stark and what did Jamie say.."it wouldn't have been clean"

Jamie is a very interesting character

soopamanluva 06-02-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9725920)
Yes it changes just about everything. I was just telling the Wife, think about it, all the original "good guys" are pretty much dead or scattered and thought to be dead.

Ned Stark....dead
Rob Stark....dead
Catlin Stark...dead
Stanza...trapped
Arya...on the run

The way Joffrey treats Sansa made me want to snap his neck. arya is one of my favorite characters,Her Tyrion and Daenarys. Just wish they'd done more with Daenerys in the later books

dirk digler 06-02-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9725920)

Ned Stark....dead
Rob Stark....dead
Catlin Stark...dead
Stanza...trapped
Arya...on the run

So when are the bad guys going to get theirs?

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:12 PM

I'm kind of glad we didn't see Grey Wind's head sewn on Robb's body. Something about that reeeeally disturbed me in the book.

keg in kc 06-02-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9725943)
So when are the bad guys going to get theirs?

Ironically, I guess they basically all do. And most of them will be next season.

ThatRaceCardGuy 06-02-2013 08:14 PM

Gotdamn that was awesome!