ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Mr. Laz 05-24-2013 10:28 PM

HA!!

I knew those black(obsidian?) weapons were going to be important.

btw did that fat idiot just run off and leave the only thing that saved his ass laying on the ground?

I hate with shows do that.

Nobody would leave the very thing that just saved them ... it goes against human instinct. I understand panic and people being dumb but there is no way a person just leaves it there ... no way.

stumpy lannister went back for the blonde amazon too ... 2 for 2 PBJ

glad we got to see queen boobies again, i missed them. :D

Sfeihc 05-25-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9708039)
HA!!

I knew those black(obsidian?) weapons were going to be important.

btw did that fat idiot just run off and leave the only thing that saved his ass laying on the ground?

I hate with shows do that.

Nobody would leave the very thing that just saved them ... it goes against human instinct. I understand panic and people being dumb but there is no way a person just leaves it there ... no way.

stumpy lannister went back for the blonde amazon too ... 2 for 2 PBJ

glad we got to see queen boobies again, i missed them. :D

For reals. My gf said the same thing. "Why would he leave that?"

If they really wanted to change it up from the books maybe they could have Sam use the dragon glass to shave down Jilly's buck toofs.

AndChiefs 05-25-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9708399)
For reals. My gf said the same thing. "Why would he leave that?"

If they really wanted to change it up from the books maybe they could have Sam use the dragon glass to shave down Jilly's buck toofs.

:doh!: It got broken in the books in a separate incident so he lost it anyways. Just shortening the storyline.

vailpass 05-25-2013 12:51 PM

The important thing seems to be they now know what kills white walkers.

Pants 05-25-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9708706)
The important thing seems to be they now know what kills white walkers.

I think dragons breathing their special fire is going to be slightly more efficient.

vailpass 05-26-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9709801)
I think dragons breathing their special fire is going to be slightly more efficient.

Heh, no doubt.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-26-2013 09:21 AM

No episode tonight sucks ass. Suuuure make us wait a week for the epic of episodes.

Pepe Silvia 05-29-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9710169)
No episode tonight sucks ass. Suuuure make us wait a week for the epic of episodes.

I hate it when they give tv shows a bye week as if this is the NFL?

vailpass 05-29-2013 04:58 PM

Can't let the ratings drop due to the holiday.

DaFace 05-29-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9717192)
Can't let the ratings drop due to the holiday.

While I'm sure that's the reason, it seems weird that HBO would really care. It's not like they are trying to impress all the advertisers or anything.

Pepe Silvia 05-29-2013 05:12 PM

Exactly the ratings would drop a little for that week but its not like everbody is going to stop watching the show. Oh well they used to do it for the Sopranos as well, one year they didn't show the Sopranos because of the Super Bowl.

MagicHef 05-29-2013 05:17 PM

Did they do it for the story?

If they expect ratings to go down on the holiday weekend, they probably don't want any viewers to miss one of the defining moments of the story.

vailpass 05-29-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9717208)
While I'm sure that's the reason, it seems weird that HBO would really care. It's not like they are trying to impress all the advertisers or anything.

Damn good point. Don't know.
Dane?

DaFace 05-29-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9717228)
Did they do it for the story?

If they expect ratings to go down on the holiday weekend, they probably don't want any viewers to miss one of the defining moments of the story.

Entirely possible. This is probably going to be a big episode after all.

WoodDraw 05-29-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9717208)

Actually I don't think that was the reason. HBO premiered Behind the Candelabra that night, right after Cannes was over. It was Soderbergh's last movie and a pretty big deal for HBO, so I think they wanted to give it a good slot.