ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

vailpass 07-31-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12983982)
Does anyone have information about the Iron Bank? I would use my dragons to burn that place to a cinder...and take their gold.

No money, no army...

Do you ever have a rational thought ?

Frazod 07-31-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12983790)
They ****ed up by only having 13 episodes left in the show. Everything is on fast forward right now and it's just all running together.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Shit's moving right along now. I kind of like it.

DaFace 07-31-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12984075)
I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Shit's moving right along now. I kind of like it.

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I'm definitely ready for shit to just get done. On the other, it definitely doesn't seem as cohesive as it did when they had GRRM's books to work off of. There are just a ton of "Oh, so that happened" kinds of things going on.
  • Euron built 1000 ships in like a month or two. Using all the trees that grow on the Iron Islands.
  • Dany strolls in to Dragonstone, which had just been left empty by the Lannisters. Because, who needs a strategic outpost like that right in front of Blackwater bay.
  • Jorah is healed in a day, and the Maester is just like "Oh, cool. You can go now." Keep in mind this is a disease that is, in theory, highly contagious and completely untreatable.
  • Yara's ships seemingly have no weapons whatsoever. While heading off to war.
You can come up with plenty of other examples. Can you try really hard and come up with an explanation for each of those in the REALM of possibility? Sure, but they're all pretty hard to buy.

So again, I'm glad we're getting it done, but I do think in the imaginary world where all the books were done first (or ever), the show would have been stronger.

DaFace 07-31-2017 03:21 PM

On the other hand, I do like the plot trick (I think) they're doing with Sam. I was worried they were just going to say "Oh, you're awesome! Here's access to all of our top secret books!"

Instead, he's assigned to do very time-consuming, menial work (which makes sense). That just happens to be meticulously reading (and copying) a giant stack of books.

Any wagers that he discovers something important in those books?

ThaVirus 07-31-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12983780)
I'm gonna flip shit if Qyburn's ballista one shots a dragon.

It's going to happen and you know it. They haven't been subtle about it thus far in the season.

KCUnited 07-31-2017 03:37 PM

Obviously a small thing, but I did chuckle at the lack of post-surgery physical therapy offered to Jorah. That's the deer antler spray of balms Sam made. He should open an outpatient clinic for greyscale.

crazycoffey 07-31-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12984210)
On the other hand, I do like the plot trick (I think) they're doing with Sam. I was worried they were just going to say "Oh, you're awesome! Here's access to all of our top secret books!"

Instead, he's assigned to do very time-consuming, menial work (which makes sense). That just happens to be meticulously reading (and copying) a giant stack of books.

Any wagers that he discovers something important in those books?

He's absolutely going to find something.

Anyone catch littlefinger's eyebrow raise when the maester at winterfel mention maester Luwin kept records of all the raven messages?

BlackOp 07-31-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 12984051)
Do you ever have a rational thought ?

Have you ever had an independent/original thought?

Your posts are always brimming with such insight...:shake:

MMXcalibur 07-31-2017 06:03 PM

....and goddamn do I wish Lena Headey would storm into my room, drop my pants and shove all 3'' of my erect dick in her mouth like she did to Jaime in this episode.

Discuss Thrower 07-31-2017 06:45 PM

I've been spoiled. Found the details supposedly hacked off the HBO harddrive via the ASOIAF subreddit, which I won't link as to remove any passing inclinations y'all might have to click on it.

Buehler445 07-31-2017 06:50 PM

Thanks DT. I'm sure I couldn't handle the temptation. I'm an addict.

Bowser 07-31-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12983954)
The time spent on Varys pledging his loyalty to Dani cemented that he was going to betray her somehow.

Yep, absolutely this. He'll betray Dany and hand Tyrion back to Cersei, but Jaime will intervene on Tyrion's behalf after having his talk with Lady Olenna (I'm guessing).

Bowser 07-31-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12984727)
I've been spoiled. Found the details supposedly hacked off the HBO harddrive via the ASOIAF subreddit, which I won't link as to remove any passing inclinations y'all might have to click on it.

People are assholes for spoiling this shit for no other reason than to spoil it. Thanks for not linking to any of it.

listopencil 07-31-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Well I went and looked it up since you mentioned it.
Spoiler!

RustShack 07-31-2017 07:51 PM

Highgarden was already a part of Danny's cause when she sent troops to Casterly Rock, and Highgardens troops with the Dornish and Greyjoys.

RustShack 07-31-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12984800)
Yep, absolutely this. He'll betray Dany and hand Tyrion back to Cersei, but Jaime will intervene on Tyrion's behalf after having his talk with Lady Olenna (I'm guessing).

She won't believe him anyways. Maybe that's what leads to Jaime killing her?

Bowser 07-31-2017 07:53 PM

So is the plan to keep Grey Worm and the Unsullied barricaded inside of Casterly Rock? Starve them to death, that kind of thing?

ThaVirus 07-31-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 12984617)
....and goddamn do I wish Lena Headey would storm into my room, drop my pants and shove all 3'' of my erect dick in her mouth like she did to Jaime in this episode.

Looked like she was about to slip a finger in the booty too.

Vengeance really brought the crazy out of her.

The Franchise 07-31-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

I read them as well.

Frazod 07-31-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12985045)

Wait till Euron sticks his finger up her ass. LMAO

Frazod 07-31-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12985050)
I read them as well.

Can you PM me the link?

ThaVirus 07-31-2017 08:22 PM

I've only read a couple of the spoilers but overall the reaction seems to be negative.

That's a shame.

The Franchise 07-31-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12985082)
Can you PM me the link?

Sent.

The Franchise 07-31-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12985143)
I've only read a couple of the spoilers but overall the reaction seems to be negative.

That's a shame.

I had kind of a meh reaction to them.

KC_Lee 07-31-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Read the spoilers, similar to a script leak before the season started. Word to the wise; don't go searching unless you want the entire season spoiled.

Discuss Thrower 07-31-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12985169)
I had kind of a meh reaction to them.

My thoughts as well.

Gravedigger 07-31-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12984800)

There's just not enough time. I think Dany burns the Lannister army and Tarlys so Cersei has no gold and no army except what Jaime left behind. I don't know how Cersei dies but I could see her dying in the next three episodes before the last episode which should be all Jon beyond the wall against the walkers.

Frazod 07-31-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12985163)
Sent.

Thanks. I read it.

Works for me.

I knew what was going to happen in advance watching this crap for years. This is really no different. Except I didn't have to slog through one of Martin's books. :D

Bowser 07-31-2017 08:47 PM

Am I going to have to channel my inner BRC and tell you twits to not even HINT at what the spoilers may contain???

But yeah, not reading them. Not interested in being spoiled, even if it's not the "true" story according to Martin....

Bowser 07-31-2017 08:50 PM

And I have a conspiracy-ish theory that Martin has been finished with the last two books for some time and is just waiting for the show to run its course before he releases them. Preferably after he dies so people freak the **** out and he scores the ultimate troll job.

(I'm sure there is no end to the theories of the fate of the books out there. That thought just makes me chuckle, lol)

Frazod 07-31-2017 08:53 PM

Don't worry, I won't be the one to piss in your cereal. :)

RustShack 07-31-2017 09:13 PM

I want to read them, but I don't. Damn you!

The Franchise 07-31-2017 09:29 PM

I won't be spoiling shit.

mr. tegu 07-31-2017 09:32 PM

Yeah I do kind of support the idea of not hinting at disappointments or happy with the spoilers or anything like that. I do appreciate the heads up though in knowing that they are out there. I will be much more careful with the YouTube videos.

Discuss Thrower 07-31-2017 09:58 PM

Spoiler!

Swanman 08-01-2017 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12985033)
So is the plan to keep Grey Worm and the Unsullied barricaded inside of Casterly Rock? Starve them to death, that kind of thing?

They took all of the food from Casterly Rock when they went to Highgarden and most or all of the ships were sunk by Euron. However much of the army left after after will be forced to march on land to get anywhere. Even without a military conflict, that is going to be hard given no food.

Sorce 08-01-2017 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12984199)
[list][*]Euron built 1000 ships in like a month or two. Using all the trees that grow on the Iron Islands.

I think the amount of time between events is much longer than the show makes them appear little Sam was much older in the first episode than when we last saw him.

I do agree that things don't line up from a geography and time standpoint. I mean Jon got from Winterfell to Dragonstone in one episode, they asked him something about the winds which means he sailed. So he had to get to the ocean somehow and sail down there. Then unless Euron had already passed Dragonstone before Dani got there he would have had to sail by there 3 times. Once to Kings Landing, once to go after the Greyjoy Fleet, once to Take the Sandsnakes back assuming the rest of his fleet continued on to Casterly Rock.

RustShack 08-01-2017 08:42 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to watch them sail forever to make the timeline match up better. I'm guessing this event is what leads to the dorthraki and danny/dragons to mount up.

Radar Chief 08-01-2017 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12985045)

Torturing people gets her wet.

Buehler445 08-01-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12985630)
I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to watch them sail forever to make the timeline match up better. I'm guessing this event is what leads to the dorthraki and danny/dragons to mount up.

I agree. But not to the extent that it crunches believability.

InChiefsHeaven 08-01-2017 11:54 AM

As a simple viewer of the show who just started watching it about a month ago (I'm all caught up now), I like the speed. I'm sure I'll be revisiting the whole damn thing in the off season, and that'll help with all the names and places which are right now a blur to me. Sometimes they'll say a name, and I'm like "wait, who the hell was that again?" but I can follow it well enough and I love the show. Ironic that I'm jumping on board when there's only 2 seasons left...

Sorce 08-01-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12985630)

Not saying I want to see that, just some of these things you could indicate a significant amount of time has passed.

Discuss Thrower 08-01-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 12985973)
As a simple viewer of the show who just started watching it about a month ago (I'm all caught up now), I like the speed. I'm sure I'll be revisiting the whole damn thing in the off season, and that'll help with all the names and places which are right now a blur to me. Sometimes they'll say a name, and I'm like "wait, who the hell was that again?" but I can follow it well enough and I love the show. Ironic that I'm jumping on board when there's only 2 seasons left...

And to think they excised a lot more characters from the novels in adapting it to the screen.

Spoiler!

DJ's left nut 08-01-2017 01:09 PM

God help me, I can't even tell if this is satire anymore...

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/sund...ica-1797386445

A sampling:

Quote:

She repeatedly reminds everyone how she helped free oppressed people across the Seven Kingdoms, but doesn’t mention that she’s now using those same people as disposable pawns in her narcissistic quest for ultimate power. Daenerys wants Jon Snow to honor the pledges of his ancestors while simultaneously distancing herself from the atrocities committed by her forebears. Isn’t that the epitome of white privilege?

Her only accomplishments were achieved because she was born in the right family and had dragons dropped in her lap, yet she expects everyone she comes in contact with to “bend the knee.” The only reason Daenerys even pretends to care about the rise of the “Alt-White” Walkers is that she needs an endorsement from our people in the North.

Trust me, Daenerys Hillary Targaryen Clinton doesn’t believe that #UnsulliedLivesMatter.
It's satire, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Sorce 08-01-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12986098)

A sampling:

I believe it is, this was his first post on it http://www.theroot.com/the-black-per...nes-1796847562 it looks like he's double or triple downed on trying to tie this to politics...

Baby Lee 08-01-2017 02:16 PM

Harriot is a racist douchebag. His sole qualification for writing for theroot is that he writes for theroot.

Buehler445 08-02-2017 06:11 AM

I watched an emergency awesome video that had an interesting take on Bran/Sansa's interaction and why Bran was acting so serial killer-y.

He postulated that Bran only saw her wedding not the subsequent rape, so he was actually trying to make good conversation with her about stuff she would care about and hadn't pieced together the rapey part of the story yet.

Makes more sense than what I was thinking.

GloucesterChief 08-02-2017 07:56 AM

I believe Bran said that he only sees flashes and parts not in any order. So it could be true that he saw her wedding and what Ramsay did to her but not in order or he could of even saw them days apart and didn't put two and two together.

raybec 4 08-02-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12986098)

A sampling:

People make a good living stirring shit like this up. There is no more entertainment for entertainment's sake with some people. EVERYTHING that happens in real life or on the screen is a reason to be pissed off. Notice he doesn't give a wet shit about all of the Dothraki or Tyrell troops under Dany because in his mind they're probably Mexican or White.

vailpass 08-02-2017 09:49 AM

Now that we're getting closer to the end of the tv show, where do you all stand on the Three Headed Dragon theory?

"...it doesn't seem like too big of a stretch to assume that the Red Woman we're about to meet — who has been living in the same part of the world — will be of a similar mindset. And if she believes that Dany — not Jon — is the One Who Was Promised, it may have significant implications for future storylines. First, it could mean the two camps are both right, and that the reincarnation of Azor Ahai is not one person, but three — a fan theory commonly referred to as the three heads of the dragon.
Read More: This Game of Thrones Character’s Changed Appearance May Signal a Huge Turn of Events
In turn, this could also support the idea that Dany isn't the only Targaryen still standing. In addition to the popular R+L=J theory — i.e., that Jon Snow isn't Ned Stark's bastard but rather the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen — some fans also believe that Tyrion is actually the son of Joanna Lannister and the Mad King, making him —you guessed it — a Targaryen."

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedim...nal/109257.jpg

RustShack 08-02-2017 10:06 AM

It's already been proven that Jon is Targaryen(actual name is likely Jaehaerys Targaryen). Tyrion could have the blood, but he'd be a bastard. I mean it makes sense with the dragons not killing him when he went into the dungeon without meeting them first, and killing his mom at birth like Jon and Danny.

I think it's Jon Snow who is the Prince who was promised though.

Chiefspants 08-02-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12987586)
It's already been proven that Jon is Targaryen(actual name is likely Jaehaerys Targaryen). Tyrion could have the blood, but he'd be a bastard. I mean it makes sense with the dragons not killing him when he went into the dungeon without meeting them first, and killing his mom at birth like Jon and Danny.

I think it's Jon Snow who is the Prince who was promised though.

Jaehaerys... Yikes.

I wish it would be Aemon.

OmahaChief 08-02-2017 02:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2aWwZl8MLQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 08-02-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 12988087)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2aWwZl8MLQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SHOULD WATCH THIS

*NSFW* Very well made and many good laughs.

DJ's left nut 08-02-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Well I guess we can shut the thread down now.

That was ****ing great.

raybec 4 08-02-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Very well done.

Baby Lee 08-02-2017 04:28 PM

I actually laughed [Titanic Tormund], I actually cried [Arya killing Walder].

It was actually better than Cats.

The Franchise 08-02-2017 05:03 PM

****ing amazing.

And that Hodor scene still ****ing gets to me. I think that's the most emotional scene in the entire series.

Discuss Thrower 08-02-2017 05:10 PM

Spoiler!

mr. tegu 08-02-2017 08:15 PM

Are you posting spoilers that haven't aired yet this season I assume?

Discuss Thrower 08-02-2017 08:17 PM

No I try to keep YT videos in spoiler tags so it doesn't **** up peoples' browsing experiences.

mr. tegu 08-02-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12988585)
No I try to keep YT videos in spoiler tags so it doesn't **** up peoples' browsing experiences.

Ah okay. I'm just paranoid of clicking anything in spoilers after the hack.

Buehler445 08-02-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12987249)
I watched an emergency awesome video that had an interesting take on Bran/Sansa's interaction and why Bran was acting so serial killer-y.

He postulated that Bran only saw her wedding not the subsequent rape, so he was actually trying to make good conversation with her about stuff she would care about and hadn't pieced together the rapey part of the story yet.

Makes more sense than what I was thinking.

Right. I watched it again. He was definitely talking about her being beautiful before Ramsey took her to Rape Town. Only thing I can think of is he wanted her to leave so he could login to the weirwood tree.

RustShack 08-02-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12988692)
Right. I watched it again. He was definitely talking about her being beautiful before Ramsey took her to Rape Town. Only thing I can think of is he wanted her to leave so he could login to the weirwood tree.

She wanted to know what the Three Eyed Raven was, and that's how he let her know he can see everything. It's really not that hard of a concept.

ThaVirus 08-02-2017 10:28 PM

LMAO You really are a ****, ya know that?

RustShack 08-02-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12988727)
LMAO You really are a ****, ya know that?

Yes :)

Hammock Parties 08-02-2017 11:47 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...4e&oe=59F0D645

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...02&oe=59FB9594

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b5&oe=5A399F15

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...69&oe=5A2B61E8

RINGLEADER 08-03-2017 01:01 AM

What happens when Bran tells everyone at Winterfell that Littlefinger was the one who betrayed Ned Stark? I can't see how that doesn't happen soon...

RustShack 08-03-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12988820)
What happens when Bran tells everyone at Winterfell that Littlefinger was the one who betrayed Ned Stark? I can't see how that doesn't happen soon...

Could be one of the reasons Bran needs to talk to Jon.

frankotank 08-03-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12978141)

:shrug:

http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...ones%20hbo.png

frankotank 08-03-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 12978279)
I have a feeling that Gendry is gonna row by and pick him up.

:(

vailpass 08-03-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12988601)
Ah okay. I'm just paranoid of clicking anything in spoilers after the hack.

X2

The Franchise 08-03-2017 05:51 PM

So when Dany was talking to Jon Snow at Dragonstone....she talked about being raped. Was she referring to Khal Drogo? Or am I missing another time when she was raped?

patteeu 08-03-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12989961)
So when Dany was talking to Jon Snow at Dragonstone....she talked about being raped. Was she referring to Khal Drogo? Or am I missing another time when she was raped?

Ramsey raped her, didn't he? I assumed he was talking about the Ramsey wedding because there wasn't snow when she marriage Khal Drogo, iirc.

Edit: Very wrong ^

Sandy Vagina 08-03-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Had to be with Drogo. That's the only time in the series that she was taken.. without true consent.

patteeu 08-03-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 12989967)
Ramsey raped her, didn't he? I assumed he was talking about the Ramsey wedding because there wasn't snow when she marriage Khal Drogo, iirc.

Obviously, I'm confused. :redface:

Too much rape going on!

Sandy Vagina 08-03-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 12990020)
Obviously, I'm confused. :redface:

Too much rape going on!

yeah, I was like wtf? wrong rape!.. but figured you would notice the mistake, and correct it yourself.

Buehler445 08-03-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

That's the only time I know of. However her brother grabbed a tit before he gave her away. That's pretty creepy almost-rape

OldSchool 08-03-2017 10:17 PM

This is the best thing ever.

Discuss Thrower 08-03-2017 10:17 PM

Spoiler through S7 E3: