ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO: True Detective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276034)

Bowser 03-06-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10471138)
I figured the fire was accidental. Why would a secretive cult create a fire and draw attention to itself?

Why would a secretive cult put that dead chick out there on display with all their crazy shit all over her in the first place?

BigRedChief 03-06-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10470263)
One think I've learned is, if a woman on this show orders a "Dirty Martini," at some point she's going to get bent over and boofed.

If it's that chick from episode 2. If Presidents can leer, we can.
http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/oba...girl_steps.jpg

BigRedChief 03-06-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10471149)
Why would a secretive cult put that dead chick out there on display with all their crazy shit all over her in the first place?

Exactly, unless its part of their offering to their weird god or gods.

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10471138)
I figured the fire was accidental. Why would a secretive cult create a fire and draw attention to itself?

We don't know who started the fires. It could have been a planned burning to turnover the fields that got out of hand. I can't recall that open sequence of dialogue, but it certainly could have been a copycat to get an investigation going.

Off topic also, but I can't believe this thought didn't cross my mind earlier, even if it totally ends up having no bearing on the ending, but you gotta hand it to Rust's insistence they get him a 6-pack of his Lone Star otherwise he had nothing to say.

Fyi, drinking or being drunk, especially when they provided / went out and bought it, is completely inadmissible and evidence obtained from leads they follow up on could also be barred from evidence if they did ever decide to go after Rust and charge him with something.

BigRock 03-07-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10470954)
You may have pointed this out already, but why does she have a similar mark on her forehead as ledoux?

They're meth scabs.

WilliamTheIrish 03-07-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10471290)
We don't know who started the fires. It could have been a planned burning to turnover the fields that got out of hand. I can't recall that open sequence of dialogue, but it certainly could have been a copycat to get an investigation going.

Off topic also, but I can't believe this thought didn't cross my mind earlier, even if it totally ends up having no bearing on the ending, but you gotta hand it to Rust's insistence they get him a 6-pack of his Lone Star otherwise he had nothing to say.

Fyi, drinking or being drunk, especially when they provided / went out and bought it, is completely inadmissible and evidence obtained from leads they follow up on could also be barred from evidence if they did ever decide to go after Rust and charge him with something.

Re: the last paragraph.nThe writer/director explained that in a post episode interview.

gblowfish 03-07-2014 12:44 PM

You knew it was going to happen....
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/06/if_y...newsletter%2F/
http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/true-...-parodies.html

aturnis 03-07-2014 01:34 PM

Don't think the parody is too funny. I guess I don't get what they're getting at. Do people have trouble understanding what's being said?

Bambi 03-07-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10472072)
Don't think the parody is too funny. I guess I don't get what they're getting at. Do people have trouble understanding what's being said?

yea that talk soup thing isn't funny. Or tosh.0, whatever that guys name is

Anyong Bluth 03-07-2014 05:19 PM

More overindulgent speculation by the TD masses -

Another indication that Marty's daughter was also a victim. While he's watching the video of the girl who also happens to have a striking resemblance to Audrey.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/08/ebehupaz.jpg

When Marty is looking at Rust’s evidence in the storage locker—at the exact moment, in fact, when he’s examining photos of Marie Fontenot—his head obscures the letter “g” on the wall, turning “KING” into “KIN.” Again, hard to believe this is accidental.

* I hope people aren't annoyed with my series of posts of speculation and screen caps from around the interwebs. I get most of it is just grasping at straws, but I find it highly entertaining to see what people come up with when picking through the show with a fine-tooth comb.
If so, tough shit! :p You've only got a few more days to suffer through my TD vomit of posts... *

Bambi 03-07-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10472507)
More overindulgent speculation by the TD masses -

Another indication that Marty's daughter was also a victim. While he's watching the video of the girl who also happens to have a striking resemblance to Audrey.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/08/ebehupaz.jpg

When Marty is looking at Rust’s evidence in the storage locker—at the exact moment, in fact, when he’s examining photos of Marie Fontenot—his head obscures the letter “g” on the wall, turning “KING” into “KIN.” Again, hard to believe this is accidental.

* I hope people aren't annoyed with my series of posts of speculation and screen caps from around the interwebs. I get most of it is just grasping at straws, but I find it highly entertaining to see what people come up with when picking through the show with a fine-tooth comb.
If so, tough shit! :p You've only got a few more days to suffer through my TD vomit of posts... *

ugh, no dude. I love this. Keep em coming

ragedogg69 03-07-2014 08:24 PM

‘True Detective’ Fan Develops Elaborate Theory He Will Be Let Down By Season Finale

LANSING, MI—Claiming that the clues have been in plain sight all along, local man and diehard True Detective fan Spencer Adams, 34, told reporters Friday he has developed an elaborate theory that he will be incredibly disappointed by the show’s upcoming season finale. “If you’ve been paying close attention to each episode so far, everything points to the fact that we’re headed for a huge disappointment this Sunday,” said Adams, citing as supporting evidence the impossibly high expectations scattered throughout the crime drama’s first seven episodes and listing off a labyrinthine catalog of loose ends and unresolved plot threads that, according to his hypothesis, the HBO series cannot possibly wrap up in the season’s final 60 minutes. “I’ve been watching every shot, every cutaway intently—sometimes viewing the same episodes three or four times each—and the signs are all there: the increasingly convoluted story, the massive amounts of filler in the more recent episodes, the numerous occult references that we clearly aren’t going to get a proper explanation for. All of that makes a satisfying ending virtually impossible, and if you’ve carefully followed every onscreen moment like I have, you’ll see they’ve been making that obvious from the very start.” Adams also noted that the show has been dropping numerous hints as to the arc of its planned second season, namely that the producers will be unable to cast leads on par with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson and that Adams will then stop watching.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tru...view:1:Default

Brock 03-07-2014 08:29 PM

I'm prepared for disappointment. But hey, it was entertaining either way.

Anyong Bluth 03-07-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10472804)

I cautiously hopeful, but it's a tough task to wrap up a lot of ? 's in 1 remaining episode. What if this ends up being the closure of Rust and Marty's stories, but not the end of the the mystery / case?

I've not seen anyone offer this theory and I'm just thinking out loud. Would you be disappointed if they found resolution to our 2 main characters, the detectives, on par with the quality the rest of the episodes have been, but the story continued into the 2nd season?

KcMizzou 03-07-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10472879)
I cautiously hopeful, but it's a tough task to wrap up a lot of ? 's in 1 remaining episode. What if this ends up being the closure of Rust and Marty's stories, but not the end of the the mystery / case?

I've not seen anyone offer this theory and I'm just thinking out loud. Would you be disappointed if they found resolution to our 2 main characters, the detectives, on par with the quality the rest of the episodes have been, but the story continued into the 2nd season?

That's a pretty interesting idea. I'd be ok with it, if it were a great episode, and we got resolution for Rust and Marty. It'd leave season 2 (and the actors in it) with a lot to live up to, though. This is a tough act to follow.

In any case, I think the general lowered expectations for the finale might work in the show's favor. There's still a chance they somehow surprise everybody and knock it out of the park. I can't imagine how, but then... that's not my job. I get to be surprised.

KC_Connection 03-07-2014 10:00 PM

I don't know why anybody would be expecting disappointment. This show's been phenomenal. No reason to doubt it now.

rocknrolla 03-07-2014 11:29 PM

I have a feeling it going to end up closing up the relationship Rust and Marty. Leaving the case with loose ends for other seasons. IMO, t's more about the detectives than the case.

Fishpicker 03-08-2014 01:07 AM

I bet the ending will be something like this. Rust and Marty get the yellow King and then the camera pans out, way out to show the greater area. A good distance away the camera will swoop back in to show a fire burning in the spiral shape.

KC_Connection 03-08-2014 01:12 AM

My guess is that Cohle sacrifices himself or dies in some other way. It would surprise me if he survived the final episode.

L.A. Chieffan 03-08-2014 01:42 AM

Open ended, like the Sopranos

Anyong Bluth 03-08-2014 04:51 AM

Do you see...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/08/ta2u4a7a.jpg

noa 03-08-2014 06:01 AM

I thought I read an interview with the writer saying that season 2 is going to be a whole new era and setting, possibly in old timey Los Angeles.

Anyong Bluth 03-08-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 10473197)
I thought I read an interview with the writer saying that season 2 is going to be a whole new era and setting, possibly in old timey Los Angeles.

Very well could be- possibly an homage to the Black Dahlia.
(California's most famous and bizarre unsolved case)

NewChief 03-08-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 10473197)

Also rumors that it's going to have a female lead(s?) instead of male.

BigRedChief 03-08-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10472804)

Yep, at least it won't be on a "Dexter" scale disappointment.

BigRedChief 03-08-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10473387)
Also rumors that it's going to have a female lead(s?) instead of male.

After what this show has done to help MM's career they should be able to get some hot babe's looking to improve their bonafides for being taken seriously as actresses.

NewChief 03-08-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10473458)
After what this show has done to help MM's career they should be able to get some hot babe's looking to improve their bonafides for being taken seriously as actresses.

In fairness, I think Dallas Buyer's Club (and his really brief, but awesomely memorable scene in Wolf of Wall Street) did as much for his career as this. It was some nice synchronicity for this show that they released it just as the Oscar hype for Dallas Buyer's Club was really taking off. I'm not sure they'd have been able to land MM if they'd started filming this year.

Anyong Bluth 03-08-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

This show is the cherry on top for outstanding work he's already been doing for a few years now.

I also don't think they're targeting 2 female leads- rumor of that seemed to have no legs, and it simply got circulated because it was another True Detective related story that has been a traffic driver on the net for months.

If they can court 2 outstanding actresses, I'm fine with it. It still all starts with the writing.

Sure-Oz 03-08-2014 11:46 AM

I always liked MM since "A time to kill' then he did a bunch of stupid romantic comedies. I'm glad he's getting serious on his roles.

Brock 03-08-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Ha ha what. He just won an oscar.

BigRedChief 03-08-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10473561)
This show is the cherry on top for outstanding work he's already been doing for a few years now.

I wasn't saying TD resurrected his career as a "serious" actor. It helped reinforce that he's keeping his shirt on. I believe I said it helped his career. Helped = part of something.

aturnis 03-09-2014 03:49 AM

Just thought of something. What if they get close to the truth, and are killed before they uncloak the whole thing?

Maybe next season picks up where this one leaves of, so all the loose ends and clues are still relevant, but the new cast of detectives are carrying on the same case?

So basically Rust and Marty turn up missing, cops finally get in Rust's storage shed, and try to connect the dots to their killers.

aturnis 03-09-2014 03:56 AM

Oops. Just read post #494.

Bowser 03-09-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10473189)

All I see is that they had the guy they were looking for early on in the show and didn't recognize it. What am I missing? The tree in the background?

L.A. Chieffan 03-09-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10475086)
All I see is that they had the guy they were looking for early on in the show and didn't recognize it. What am I missing? The tree in the background?

The marquee

Bowser 03-09-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10475091)
The marquee

Haha, shit. :doh!:

Bowser 03-09-2014 01:21 PM

Well, Nic Pizzolatto did say that the story had been pretty straight forward in telling the story. Subjective, but very true.

Simply Red 03-09-2014 07:43 PM

HOLY ****.

KcMizzou 03-09-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10472879)

This seems likely now.

KcMizzou 03-09-2014 08:25 PM

"It's just one story, the oldest: light vs. dark."

"Once, there was only dark. If you ask me, the light's winning."

GloucesterChief 03-09-2014 08:29 PM

This episode actually did a lot to explain things.

Now, I believe that the Yellow King was molested and abused by the Tuttle clan. It turned him into a monster who didn't only prey on little kids but women as well. It also explains why they covered up his crimes, if he was caught there wouldn't be any reason for him not to spill the beans on their activities.

gblowfish 03-09-2014 08:30 PM

Yellow King's wife was a looker, eh?

KcMizzou 03-09-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10476008)
Yellow King's wife was a looker, eh?

You saying you'd make flowers on her?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-09-2014 08:39 PM

Great season.

KcMizzou 03-09-2014 09:02 PM

I loved "sentient meat"

"WTF is scenty meat?"

Oh, Marty.

Bambi 03-09-2014 09:07 PM

Thought the finale was great. What a show.

Aries Walker 03-09-2014 10:21 PM

Not many guys can bring a drywall hatchet to a gun fight and, for a moment at least, come out on top.

KevB 03-09-2014 10:33 PM

Riveting stuff from beginning to end. I'm already looking forward to watching it through again. The only loose end I didn't like not having addressed was his daughter's involvement. Too much smoke not to have some fire there.

Simply Red 03-09-2014 10:34 PM

Super dark - loved this thing.

Aries Walker 03-09-2014 10:35 PM

Yeah, I had to watch the last scene over again. It hit me on a level I didn't expect, given my personal history.

aturnis 03-09-2014 10:52 PM

I think the daughters problems were all just a result of him be a poor father.

KevB 03-09-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10476370)
I think the daughters problems were all just a result of him be a poor father.

Eh, more specifically the barbie scene and the pictures she drew.

Sure-Oz 03-09-2014 11:07 PM

Great show... what an ending. Loved it

Anyong Bluth 03-10-2014 12:23 AM

Remember, Marty said " they're not going to catch them all. They got their guy."

Politics played itself out as nothing, as of now, is happening to the Tuttle family or the Childress family.

Yes, it means the 5 horsemen are still out there - unless the Lawnmower Man knew who they were and had tortured and killed them over the years? You'll recall the show mentions a number of older guys who have ties to our 2 psycho families that are dead now- no mention of how.

The final one of the 5 being the old man strapped down to the bed that had clear signs of torturing- the mouth sewn shut, and it looked like cuts and burns, from maybe cigarettes or a cigar on his torso, at the least. We were never informed who he was, and that's not who tLM targets - women and children.

It doesn't mean Marty's daughter wasn't still a victim of the Five Horsemen at some point.

We just don't get a resolution about that on screen. Once the investigation goes forward with the Feds now involved, that political cover for the Tuttle family or the Childress family probably dries up pretty quick, and they'll be brought down once the evidence is pieced together.

Overall. Straight forward final episode, but didn't cheat us or disappoint with its end. We got a messy resolution, because real life is messy.

Fabulous show from start to end.

Ragged Robin 03-10-2014 12:23 AM

That was awesome. I love how the show's focus was on the characters and the intrigue of the actual case/mystery was more of a backdrop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10476463)
It doesn't mean Marty's daughter wasn't still a victim of the Five Horsemen at some point.

It's a bridge too far. The minute similarities were just fantastic writing calling on imagery and parallelism, you're taking it too literal.

KC_Connection 03-10-2014 01:15 AM

Great stuff tonight, especially that last scene. Cohle finally found meaning to his life through the love for his daughter (or at least acknowledged it fully to himself). His empathy and caring nature always did shine through the protective nihilistic rhetoric.

However the mystery ended up (and I thought that was a pretty thrilling conclusion there), it really was a show about those two characters and their relationship throughout. A relationship that grew into strong friendship by the end.

I'll be sad to see it go, but I think we all saw the benefit of a short self-contained series like this.

SAUTO 03-10-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10476463)
Remember, Marty said " they're not going to catch them all. They got their guy."

Politics played itself out as nothing, as of now, is happening to the Tuttle family or the Childress family.

Yes, it means the 5 horsemen are still out there - unless the Lawnmower Man knew who they were and had tortured and killed them over the years? You'll recall the show mentions a number of older guys who have ties to our 2 psycho families that are dead now- no mention of how.

The final one of the 5 being the old man strapped down to the bed that had clear signs of torturing- the mouth sewn shut, and it looked like cuts and burns, from maybe cigarettes or a cigar on his torso, at the least. We were never informed who he was, and that's not who tLM targets - women and children.

We just don't get a resolution about that on screen. Once the investigation goes forward with the Feds now involved, that political cover for the Tuttle family or the Childress family probably dries up pretty quick, and they'll be brought down once the evidence is pieced together.

Overall. Straight forward final episode, but didn't cheat us or disappoint with its end. We got a messy resolution, because real life is messy.

Fabulous show from start to end.

the guy on the bed was his dad.

he called him dad in the first scene and the woman told marty "old" billy was in his house

Sure-Oz 03-10-2014 06:37 AM

The last scene just before rust gets attacked what was he seeing when looking upwards...hallucinating in the dark? I watched this on my phone so it was hard to tell

SAUTO 03-10-2014 06:48 AM

the last episode was a perfect ending to the story.

Baby Lee 03-10-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10476536)
The last scene just before rust gets attacked what was he seeing when looking upwards...hallucinating in the dark? I watched this on my phone so it was hard to tell

It was like a swirling cosmic vortex. I think it has to be Rust's way of seeing the enormity of the situation. Also it was probably a manifestation for Rust of The Yellow King's spiral totem.

Baby Lee 03-10-2014 07:17 AM

Would have loved to have seen Hannibal peeking down from the hole in the top of the Yellow King's throne room.

Anyong Bluth 03-10-2014 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10476535)
the guy on the bed was his dad.

he called him dad in the first scene and the woman told marty "old" billy was in his house

Guess I had a hard time hearing.

Anyong Bluth 03-10-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10476566)
Would have loved to have seen Hannibal peeking down from the hole in the top of the Yellow King's throne room.

Hello, I love your work.

Dallas Chief 03-10-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10476566)

It's curious that you mentioned Hannibal. I was thinking on my way in to the office this morning...this whole journey felt like Will Graham vs. Francis Dolarhyde a la Manhunter (not that POS Red Dragon).

MatriculatingHank 03-10-2014 08:09 AM

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/10/tr...-happy-ending/

Well written review of last night's episode and the series in general.

Bowser 03-10-2014 08:19 AM

Loved it. Fantastic show.

Baby Lee 03-10-2014 08:34 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/08CddEWzYnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-10-2014 08:45 AM

Maybe it was just the mood I was in last night, but I was underwhelmed.

Fishpicker 03-10-2014 09:15 AM

true detective had a lot of layers on display last night. Glen Fleshler did a great job portraying the killer. He kept affecting his voice in different ways. I think that was to show that Errol Childress had Dissociative Identity Disorder.

NewChief 03-10-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10476673)
Maybe it was just the mood I was in last night, but I was underwhelmed.

I thought the actual content was excellent. That being said, I'm sort of disappointed with the overall conclusion. I guess after all the wild speculation and potential for where things COULD do, the storyline ended up being a little too neat and straightforward for my tastes. The writer warned us that was likely going to be the case, but I guess I was hoping for some mind=blown shit.

ragedogg69 03-10-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 10476700)
true detective had a lot of layers on display last night. Glen Fleshler did a great job portraying the killer. He kept affecting his voice in different ways. I think that was to show that Errol Childress had Dissociative Identity Disorder.

I loved that too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10476718)
I thought the actual content was excellent. That being said, I'm sort of disappointed with the overall conclusion. I guess after all the wild speculation and potential for where things COULD do, the storyline ended up being a little too neat and straightforward for my tastes. The writer warned us that was likely going to be the case, but I guess I was hoping for some mind=blown shit.

Same. The ending was cathartic enough, but it left me wanting the whole Tuttle family to go down. Tie in the daughter etc.

keg in kc 03-10-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I think that's basically how it was for me. Too obvious a bad guy, too clean a resolution that at the same time left too many threads unresolved. As was the case for the rest of the series the leads did a great job, but I just didn't find the episode all that satisfying. Why bother to introduce all the interesting shit the first 5 or 6 weeks, just to have it fizzle into Hart and Cohle stop wackjob sister-****ing pedophile at the end.

Still, taken as a whole, likely in the running with GoT for the best thing we'll see on TV this year, and you can probably go ahead and hand McConaughey his emmy now.

underEJ 03-10-2014 12:04 PM

I thought it was fantastic. I didn't even mind the flimsy he had green ears therefore he must have painted a green house connection because I believe Marty learned to trust his instincts and make that kind of leap. And Rust learned to trust Marty with his darkness because he finally acknowledged his own light. You don't pick your partner, but in the end, you do pick your friends.

The mystery was secondary and certainly came to a solid end with a formidable evil that was stopped, and a larger darkness that has a pretty serious dent in it. There is a witness left in Betty who the current detectives say is only speaking gibberish, but she can speak and very well may some day. She knows her own story and she can retell Errol Childress' stories as well that he told her. The road to the Tuttles is there for the taking if the detectives want to run with it, or one of the news outlets that received the full case and tape can.

Finally, I think it was great that they never revealed what made everyone scream while watching the tape. He said there was no faces revealed, so if there is identifying information, it is personal to each viewer. We can choose to interpret that any way we want, same with the daughter's involvement which I think must be real due to the spiral drawing in particular, but I'm okay with not knowing.

KC_Connection 03-10-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's because I didn't really go that deep into all the mystery/easter egg stuff like many others seemingly did, but I had absolutely no problem with a straightforward conclusion there. I think there may have been more interesting ways to go with it (some of the theories brought forward were quite intriguing), but this show was never really about that. It was always only a narrative structure in the character study of Cohle and Hart.

SAUTO 03-10-2014 12:13 PM

and the mask rust had to take off was the one he used to shield himself from the world after the death of his daughter. the one that made him so pessimistic and basically ready to die.

the light winning line showed the viewers he had taken it off

SAUTO 03-10-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10476850)
Yeah, I think that's basically how it was for me. Too obvious a bad guy, too clean a resolution that at the same time left too many threads unresolved. As was the case for the rest of the series the leads did a great job, but I just didn't find the episode all that satisfying. Why bother to introduce all the interesting shit the first 5 or 6 weeks, just to have it fizzle into Hart and Cohle stop wackjob sister-****ing pedophile at the end.

Still, taken as a whole, likely in the running with GoT for the best thing we'll see on TV this year, and you can probably go ahead and hand McConaughey his emmy now.

because that was just the vehicle for the actual story.

the story was about the two detectives and their relationship together and with themselves

Sure-Oz 03-10-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10476551)
It was like a swirling cosmic vortex. I think it has to be Rust's way of seeing the enormity of the situation. Also it was probably a manifestation for Rust of The Yellow King's spiral totem.

Yeah I had a wtf moment seeing that...makes sense that Rust is the one that saw it instead of Marty

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-10-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10477009)
Maybe it's because I didn't really go that deep into all the mystery/easter egg stuff like many others seemingly did, but I had absolutely no problem with a straightforward conclusion there. I think there may have been more interesting ways to go with it (some of the theories brought forward were quite intriguing), but this show was never really about that. It was always only a narrative structure in the character study of Cohle and Hart.

Yeah. I was way more a fan of the actual show than all the internet losers trying to put their prints on it.

SAUTO 03-10-2014 12:24 PM

they told everyone from the beginning there wasn't some crazy twist.

I don't know why people are pissed at this point.

vailpass 03-10-2014 12:39 PM

Loved the ending...