ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

Pitt Gorilla 05-06-2013 08:46 PM

Pretty cool to see Paul Kinsey on Revolution tonight. I don't actually watch the show, but I saw him on tonight as I was channel surfing.

Pitt Gorilla 05-06-2013 08:49 PM

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 05-07-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9663676)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

SLAG 05-07-2013 11:00 PM

Spoiler!

cardken2 05-07-2013 11:57 PM

http://pinterest.com/classicride/camaro-car-ads-30/

cardken2 05-07-2013 11:58 PM

http://www.firstgencamaro.com/history.html

siberian khatru 05-08-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9667041)
Spoiler!

I think the consensus on the Internet is that it's the .... shudder ...
Spoiler!

Reaper16 05-08-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9667356)
I think the consensus on the Internet is that it's the .... shudder ...
Spoiler!

Yup. Same model number.

Demonpenz 05-08-2013 10:30 PM

I thought it was the corvair since it was about technology, but I guess that was earlier.

BigRedChief 05-09-2013 07:47 PM

I was thinking the Camero was earlier than the story line. It was a great episode though.

DJ's left nut 05-09-2013 08:59 PM

Best episode since "Shut the door, have a seat"

I called it when Chaugh ordered said 'we're dead'....

I didn't figure it would happen by the end of the show, though.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2013 10:22 PM

Yeah, this was an excellent episode that really paid off, big time. It's probably the best epi since season three.

And for those who haven't researched, the Vega was enormously popular. So popular that if it sold in the same numbers today as it did in the early 70's, it would be the #1 car in America.

We had a Vega station wagon in like 1971-73. It was a cool concept but was an aluminum rust bucket.

Demonpenz 05-09-2013 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Don....you nailed it.

Buck 05-10-2013 08:58 AM

So for someone who isn't an automotive history buff, like me, is this Vega GM's answer to the Mustang or something?

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9672902)
So for someone who isn't an automotive history buff, like me, is this Vega GM's answer to the Mustang or something?

The Camaro was Chevy's answer to the Mustang. The Vega was a sub-compact car that came in several versions (we had the station wagon back in the early 70's).

It was considered "cutting edge" because it had an inline 4 and an aluminum engine block to go with an aluminum body. They sold in record numbers but weren't worth a crap. They rusted like crazy, had tons of mechanical problems and ended up being garbage cars.

Reaper16 05-10-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9672307)
Best episode since "Shut the door, have a seat"

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9672435)
Yeah, this was an excellent episode that really paid off, big time. It's probably the best epi since season three.

How quickly y'all forget about "The Suitcase."

keg in kc 05-10-2013 01:42 PM

Looks like I'm in the minority on this one. I finally watched it late last night, and while a lot happened, I thought the pacing of the episode was all over the place.

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9673485)
How quickly y'all forget about "The Suitcase."

Yes, that was a great episode!

But wow, "For Immediate Release" was to me, so amazing on so many different levels. I'm most looking forward to Peggy & Don working together again because their dynamic was so interesting to me.

DJ's left nut 05-10-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9673471)
The Camaro was Chevy's answer to the Mustang. The Vega was a sub-compact car that came in several versions (we had the station wagon back in the early 70's).

It was considered "cutting edge" because it had an inline 4 and an aluminum engine block to go with an aluminum body. They sold in record numbers but weren't worth a crap. They rusted like crazy, had tons of mechanical problems and ended up being garbage cars.

By 1976, Chevy will have fired Don and crew...

We probably won't see that, but I'd imagine we'll see some of the bounce that comes from the buildup/unveiling of the Vega. By all accounts, the thing really did explode onto the scene.

But when it just flat started to explode, no amount of PR work could save Chevy's reputation for building awful small cars. Hell, it pretty much destroyed America's reputation when it came to compacts/sub-compacts.

DraperCo would have been the first agency to take the fall for it when sales plummeted and public opinion swayed.

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9673619)
By 1976, Chevy will have fired Don and crew...

Or Don dumps Chevy at some point, like he did with Jaguar.

DJ's left nut 05-10-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9673623)
Or Don dumps Chevy at some point, like he did with Jaguar.

I know we're talking about Don Draper here, but c'mon - who fires Chevy?

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9673648)
I know we're talking about Don Draper here, but c'mon - who fires Chevy?

A smart agency that's stuck with an inferior and dangerous product.

Buck 05-19-2013 10:31 PM

What a strange episode.

Demonpenz 05-19-2013 10:32 PM

hated that episode. Ken tapdancing?

siberian khatru 05-20-2013 07:16 AM

I expected that episode to end with a snowglobe on Bobby's desk.

Buck 05-20-2013 10:59 AM

Yeah probably worst episode to date.

DaneMcCloud 05-20-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9694118)
Yeah probably worst episode to date.

And I think it's one of the best to date.

:D

Don grew up in a whorehouse, surrounds himself with whores and doesn't yet realize that he, too, is a whore.

Oh, and Sylvia looks and sounds nearly identical to his whore "mother". Coincidence?

Buck 05-20-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9694186)
And I think it's one of the best to date.

:D

Don's grew up in a whorehouse, surrounds himself with whores and doesn't yet realize that he, too, is a whore.

Oh, and Sylvia looks and sounds nearly identical to his whore "mother". Coincidence?

They didn't have to have the entire office trip on drugs for Son to come to that realization.

DaneMcCloud 05-20-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9694192)
They didn't have to have the entire office trip on drugs for Son to come to that realization.

I don't think that Don ever reached that realization.

I thought it was very interesting and telling, especially Sylvia's treatment of Don: "I'm not afraid of my husband, I'm afraid of you". Also, the parallel of Sylvia and Don's step-mother, the soup from the whore, Sally dressing like a street-corner whore, etc. and so on.

Stan finally made a move on Peggy, only to bang Fred's daughter (Fred, in front of Don, was canonized by Ted). Ken's "Song and Dance" routine was right on the money, as he's been complaining about his role for quite some time.

All in all, it was a very good episode that's probably worth multiple viewings.

bowener 05-20-2013 12:11 PM

While watching the episode I must admit I was a bit turned off, but after reflection I think I really liked that episode. I do not know where it ranks all time, but I liked it. Revelations of Don's past make clear to the viewer why he is what he is, but he still hasn't made the connection, and will probably forever remain on his path jumping from one bed to another. I am enjoying how Peggy is turning into one of the "men" around the office by doing just what all of her bosses have done, **** around on their loved ones.

Overall the title of the episode was quite apt, this was a massive wreck, and none of could look away. We just rubbernecked and shuttered at the carnage.

DaneMcCloud 05-20-2013 12:47 PM

One of the best (yet, somewhat predictable) lines was when Fred's daughter put the stethoscope to Don's chest and said "It's broken".

Yeah, duh.

bowener 05-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9694434)
One of the best (yet, somewhat predictable) lines was when Fred's daughter put the stethoscope to Don's chest and said "It's broken".

Yeah, duh.

Agreed. It was predictable, but it was also very well done. Actually it may have been the only predictable moment from that entire episode (except when that prostitute ****ed child Don).

BlackHelicopters 05-20-2013 04:08 PM

One of the best yet.

Baby Lee 05-22-2013 01:37 PM

I really dug the bit of foreshadowing, when Don was on the stairs looking in to Ted and Peggy, then he spoke with the secretary and seemed to have an 'emotions' overload. Then, as he began to descend the stairs, it looked for a split second like he was going to faint and fall down the stairs, much as he fainted upon entering the drama back at his apartment.

underEJ 05-22-2013 02:18 PM

Just caught up last night, and I loved the last two episodes. I had thought the season was a bit of a retread of Don's old tricks, but I can see now we are going somewhere new with Sylvia and Chevy, though I'm not sure which one is more likely to ruin Don. I loved the contrasting of speed with the usual alcohol infused office environment. I thought the time jumps, flashbacks, and symbolism of open doors was top shelf Mad Men. Top top shelf. Need to watch it again for all the details. Can't wait for next week now.

Reaper16 05-22-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9700566)
I had thought the season was a bit of a retread of Don's old tricks

It has been for sure, but purposefully so. I think the show increasingly wants us to dislike Don right now. But Matthew Weiner has said that this season is the darkest period for Don, meaning that future seasons won't have him stuck in as much of a rut. Theoretically (and provided Weiner doesn't change his mind).

MoreLemonPledge 05-22-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9700594)
It has been for sure, but purposefully so. I think the show increasingly wants us to dislike Don right now. But Matthew Weiner has said that this season is the darkest period for Don, meaning that future seasons won't have him stuck in as much of a rut. Theoretically (and provided Weiner doesn't change his mind).

Future season. Next season is the last, unfortunately.

Reaper16 05-22-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9700677)
Future season. Next season is the last, unfortunately.

Oh is it? Thank God. I had it in my head that there were two more seasons. I love when shows end.

Thig Lyfe 05-22-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9693575)
hated that episode. Ken tapdancing?

that was dope tho

Baby Lee 05-22-2013 07:04 PM

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vu...pg/a_560x0.jpg

Red Brooklyn 05-22-2013 07:13 PM

Yeah, I ****ing loved this last episode.

Baby Lee 05-22-2013 08:12 PM

Also, am I right in assessing Don's leaving the cigarette butts outside Sylvia's door as nothing short of naked passive-aggressivism? I haven't sussed out a rationale for it, but that kind of detail seems to only be explained as Don WANTING everything thrown onto a bonfire of their shared existence. For me, that is more of a dick [no pun intended] move than all his past infidelity

Pitt Gorilla 05-22-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9701659)
Also, am I right in assessing Don's leaving the cigarette butts outside Sylvia's door as nothing short of naked passive-aggressivism? I haven't sussed out a rationale for it, but that kind of detail seems to only be explained as Don WANTING everything thrown onto a bonfire of their shared existence. For me, that is more of a dick [no pun intended] move than all his past infidelity

I don't know; I think he's out there a lot for significant periods of time. He obviously doesn't care if they are found, but them being there is simply a byproduct of him being there (and him not caring where they end up).

DJ's left nut 05-23-2013 09:37 AM

Wow - a ton of people like that episode. That surprises the hell out of me.

I couldn't stand the surreal nonsense. I didn't particularly care for Roger on Acid either a couple of seasons back.

As for 'seeing what made Don become Don' - didn't we already know this? We knew about the whorehouse, we knew about his stepmom being an abusive loon. I didn't see us learning anything from that entire sequence other than the fact that a whore popped Don's cherry, which I always assumed anyway.

I thought it was a pretty substantial let down from the prior two episodes.

keg in kc 05-23-2013 09:55 AM

I wasn't particularly enamored with either of the last two episodes.

BigRedChief 05-25-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9702841)
I wasn't particularly enamored with either of the last two episodes.

I thought the first one was way too dark and the 2nd one was way too light. Mad Men works best when it does both.

But, like the others I did like the meth episode.

OnTheWarpath15 05-29-2013 02:21 PM

Anyone catch the Sharon Tate implication with Megan on the balcony?

The wailing sirens several times in the episode that were much louder than just "background noise"?

I have a feeling Megan is going to die in the next season or so.

SLAG 05-29-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9716832)

The wailing sirens several times in the episode that were much louder than just "background noise"?

I thought they were just implying that Peggy was driving by Don's at that same moment - maybe not

I did enjoy watching Betty and Don Back together I miss those early days

Baby Lee 05-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9716832)

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-l...n-drape,98363/

Discussion of this, with several links to related discussions.

Though the upshot appears to be that Weiner was looking more to suggest a dawning political activism in Megan more than a direct comparison to Tate.

OnTheWarpath15 05-29-2013 05:30 PM

I meant this:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...9833332520.png

Baby Lee 05-29-2013 09:14 PM

Info for the Bob Benson smell-o-meter

He brought the meat platter to the wake of Roger's mother because it was so welcome at his father's funeral

He subsequently recommended the nurse to Pete because he had restored his father's health.

DaneMcCloud 05-29-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9716973)
I thought they were just implying that Peggy was driving by Don's at that same moment - maybe not

Police sirens are the sound of Manhattan, even to this day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9716973)
I did enjoy watching Betty and Don Back together I miss those early days

The most important aspect of their encounter is that Betty has clearly figured out Don and moved on. I thought it was brilliant the way she turned the tables on him by mentioning Megan and her subsequent comments about her naivete.

Less important was the "reveal" that Don Draper doesn't view sex with anyone as intimate or special. Weiner is really driving home the fact that Don was emotionally damaged by growing up in a whorehouse, as if showing us that he grew up in a whorehouse (and more importantly, his actions since Season One) weren't enough.

DJ's left nut 06-03-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9718175)
Less important was the "reveal" that Don Draper doesn't view sex with anyone as intimate or special. Weiner is really driving home the fact that Don was emotionally damaged by growing up in a whorehouse, as if showing us that he grew up in a whorehouse (and more importantly, his actions since Season One) weren't enough.

He hasn't spent a lot of time talking down to his audience over the years.

But over the last few weeks, I sure do feel like he's decided that we're all idiots.

No shit, Matt. We get it. Most of us got it 3 years ago.

DaneMcCloud 06-03-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9727148)
He hasn't spent a lot of time talking down to his audience over the years.

But over the last few weeks, I sure do feel like he's decided that we're all idiots.

No shit, Matt. We get it. Most of us got it 3 years ago.

Last night's episode felt like "filler" to me. The most important aspect (Joan) could have been in another episode, as it took very little screen time. The rest was completely unnecessary and once again, how many times do we have to see Don's conscience take over? It was like a "refresher" or something.

As great as the Soprano's was, Mad Men seems to be following in the footsteps of "One Too Many Seasons". Chase could have killed Tony a season earlier and achieved the same artistry (if not less drawn out).

That said, it sure seems like Weiner's setting up a shocking death before the season's over. My money's on Megan, although it wouldn't be surprising if Henry, Pete or even Betty bite it.

Pitt Gorilla 06-03-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9727314)
Last night's episode felt like "filler" to me. The most important aspect (Joan) could have been in another episode, as it took very little screen time. The rest was completely unnecessary and once again, how many times do we have to see Don's conscience take over? It was like a "refresher" or something.

As great as the Soprano's was, Mad Men seems to be following in the footsteps of "One Too Many Seasons". Chase could have killed Tony a season earlier and achieved the same artistry (if not less drawn out).

That said, it sure seems like Weiner's setting up a shocking death before the season's over. My money's on Megan, although it wouldn't be surprising if Henry, Pete or even Betty bite it.

Pete just about has to go, but that could be misdirection.

OnTheWarpath15 06-03-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9727314)

I said Megan last week, but my darkhorse is Ginsberg.

jiveturkey 06-05-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9718155)

He brought the meat platter to the wake of Roger's mother because it was so welcome at his father's funeral

He subsequently recommended the nurse to Pete because he had restored his father's health.

What's up with Bob? I get the feeling that he's the key in something big down the road.

Thig Lyfe 06-05-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

WHOA

Buck 06-05-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Nice catch. I wonder who he's spying for.

underEJ 06-05-2013 02:35 PM

I love the Bob Benson theories! I was convinced I was crazy at first, thinking I was just prejudiced against a "nice" guy, but there is surely something there. My favorites are 'Bob is the real Bobby 1' and 'Bob is a federal agent.' Not that I think either is the likely story outcome, I just like them. Honorable mention goes to 'Sal's revenge seeking boyfriend.'

This show is full of theory fun.

Reaper16 06-05-2013 02:38 PM

I think he's just a gladhanding suckup, willing to trade his sense of shame for climbing the ladder, a new Pete Campbell only without the neurotic ego. Which is to say: the successful wave of the ****ing future.

Thig Lyfe 06-05-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9731130)
I think he's just a gladhanding suckup, willing to trade his sense of shame for climbing the ladder, a new Pete Campbell only without the neurotic ego. Which is to say: the successful wave of the ****ing future.

This is where I am, too, although the inconsistency in the story about his father gives me some pause. Maybe he listens to that new age self-help bullshit to give him confidence as he closes in on nabbing Dick Whitman?

OnTheWarpath15 06-05-2013 02:43 PM

Interesting theory:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/06/rea...d/#more-262909

underEJ 06-05-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9731145)

HA! from the comments:

"I’m not sure if they can kill of Megan. Isn’t that why they cancelled Luck?"

Reaper16 06-06-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9731137)
This is where I am, too, although the inconsistency in the story about his father gives me some pause. Maybe he listens to that new age self-help bullshit to give him confidence as he closes in on nabbing Dick Whitman?

1.) it suggests to me that he's willing to lie about his personal life to move up the ladder. Nothing more (at this time)

2.) I don't even know why there would need to be a government agent out to nab Dick Whitman. Aren't there other, more contemporary draft dodgers and etc. from the Vietnam conflict that they should be focusing on?

siberian khatru 06-06-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Holy crap. That's fascinating. Probably too clever by half, but still.

Reaper16 06-06-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9733105)
Holy crap. That's fascinating. Probably too clever by half, but still.

The implication of that scene is either that:

a.) Megan is already dead, or else Don wouldn't be able to see her as he was drowning

b.) Megan will die in the near future and one's visage at the time of death carries on throughout the afterlife and also your "soul" or whatever exists outside of time, hence Megan's being able to place itself "backwards in time" to talk to Don's "soul."

c.) those totally weren't spirits of Megan and the private from the season premier but just meaningless hallucinations from Don's oxygen-deprived mind; there was no supernatural element introduced to this realist drama.

Probably c.)

Art Vader 06-06-2013 12:25 PM

Pete Campbell hitting the J was a great ending.

Thig Lyfe 06-06-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9733083)
1.) it suggests to me that he's willing to lie about his personal life to move up the ladder. Nothing more (at this time)

2.) I don't even know why there would need to be a government agent out to nab Dick Whitman. Aren't there other, more contemporary draft dodgers and etc. from the Vietnam conflict that they should be focusing on?

Maybe Don has done shit we don't know about!!! What if he worked on a secret ILLEGAL project or something?!!?

Reaper16 06-06-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9733150)
Maybe Don has done shit we don't know about!!! What if he worked on a secret ILLEGAL project or something?!!?

Hick: "This is the annual convention of the Illinois branch of the Ku Klux Clan, and we're hap..."

Dick Whitman: "What if you spelled Clan with a K instead of a C? Call your selves the KKK for short? Its catchy."

Hick: "You've got a bright future, young man."

Demonpenz 06-07-2013 08:19 AM

nailed it.

Pitt Gorilla 06-09-2013 01:08 AM

Did you miss the greatest thing ever?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...-greatest-even

Baby Lee 06-09-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9738683)
Did you miss the greatest thing ever?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...-greatest-even

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/adam-...v-history.html

Baby Lee 06-10-2013 03:31 AM

Mother of ****ing God!

Has any one checked the newswire? I fear G.R.R. Martin might be dead and Matthew Weiner killed him.

****ing out Red Weddinged the ****ing Red Wedding.

That might have been the most perfect hour of television. You wanted it over immediately, and to go back and time and unsee what you saw, and yet never wanted it to end.. Keep going. . . Keep pushing. . . Rip off ALL bandages. . . Burn this ****er down!!

And it came from so many fronts, all presaged by Roger's invocation 'not all surprises are bad.' Slow burn, signs of progress, breakthroughs, reveals, then one rug, then the wrecking ball, then the twin towers fall.

Peggy's little misunderstanding with Pete's doddering mom, thawing the ice with Pete. Ted realizing Peggy still has options. Sally's budding adolescence, with a crush on a new guy marked for slaughter. The war hits home, Don handles it with grace, then oversteps, bringing on Ted's righteous anger, leading to detante and a new understanding and appreciation. Don delivers a genuine life changing blessing to a friend . . . and a lover, and saves his daughter heartache. Through this, Ted endures his wife's dissatisfaction.

Then Pete receives confirmation of his worst fears and fears he didn't even know to fear in one fell swoop. Sally's crush becomes distressingly real. Her father is unambiguously unmasked. The realities of all Don's life's choices hit home at once [and to paraphrase the words of Barry Zuckercorn, 'those were balls.' Balls presaged IRL in the gossip pages before the season started]. Pete is alone, without sustenance, with a lot of knowledge he never wanted. Sally is crushed and unmoored, unaware of the good surrounding the bad she's witnessed. Don faces the admiration and gratitude of all except the only female that matters in the end, in her presence no less.

And in the end, Ted proves to be everything his wife desires while she sleeps feet away with a novel on her chest.

That is Shakespearean shit, people. That is not TV, it's not HBO, it's Matthew ****ing Weiner.

Hallelujah!! And Holy Shit!! Where's the scotch?

EDIT: And another stinger, last time we heard "not all surprises are bad?" When Don told Sally that, when Betty was pregnant with her, they thought she'd be a boy.

siberian khatru 06-10-2013 06:52 AM

It was a fantastic episode -- right down to the Moshe Dayan poster. I LOL'd while also wondering WTF.

Oh, and Bob confirmed my suspicions. EDIT: Actually, only that he's willing to play for both teams. I'm still not sure exactly what game Bob is playing.

Reaper16 06-10-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9740660)

EDIT: And another stinger, last time we heard "not all surprises are bad?" When Don told Sally that, when Betty was pregnant with her, they thought she'd be a boy.

oooooh, nice catch.

Reaper16 06-10-2013 09:03 AM

Damnit. I thought I had posted here my suspicion that Bob was gay after the episode where he and Joan went to the beach, but I guess I didn't. I guessed before Ginsberg did, only there's no proof.

Baby Lee 06-10-2013 09:07 AM

Bob's not gay, he just has a wide stance.

siberian khatru 06-10-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9740801)
Damnit. I thought I had posted here my suspicion that Bob was gay after the episode where he and Joan went to the beach

It was those shorts, wasn't it?

Baby Lee 06-10-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9740847)
It was those shorts, wasn't it?

Mad Men is amassing quite the soundtrack. Every time I see Betty, I hear 'whoah-oh Black Betty Bam-ba-lam' Every time I see Bunson, I hear 'Who wears short shorts.'