ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

BigBeauford 09-29-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 12455884)
Anyone know if any new games like Skyrim slated to come out anytime soon? I like to fantasy RPG games like that and thought Dragon Age 3 was going to be good but it really lacked when compared to Skyrim.

Not coming out very soon, but Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be something special.

hometeam 09-29-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12456101)
Not coming out very soon, but Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be something special.

If its using the w3 engine, unless they do some major control tweaks I will be disappointed.

I wanted to love witcher 3. I did. But it plays like shit :(

Gonzo 09-29-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12456135)
If its using the w3 engine, unless they do some major control tweaks I will be disappointed.

I wanted to love witcher 3. I did. But it plays like shit :(

It just takes some getting used to. When was the last time you played it?

It's been upgraded a whole lot. There's no better game on current gen right now.

I'm looking forward to getting the time to start it all over again with all the DLC.

hometeam 09-30-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12456744)
It just takes some getting used to. When was the last time you played it?

It's been upgraded a whole lot. There's no better game on current gen right now.

I'm looking forward to getting the time to start it all over again with all the DLC.

I dunno about 4 or 5 months ago.. I played it when they "updated" the control scheme and it still sucked balls.. it has a very 'on rails' type movement system that just doesn't work for me. Its the character movement/actual PLAY that sucks, not the graphics, not the story, not the concept, literally just how the game plays.

The Arkham games and Shadow Of Mordor do the same exact thing so much better, not to mention games with full strafe/control.

OmahaChief 09-30-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12456008)
You will never see another game like skyrim.

Its against a companies best interest to make really good games with legs that can last for 5-10 years. Its better for them to just put out junk like Fallout 4 and charge you for DLC and a different re-skinning of the same shallow game every 6 months - 1 year.

A really AWESOME total conversion mod for skyrim just came out though, new fully voiced story and 100% new world etc.

http://enderal.com/

Dang, I play on PS4 so does not look like Enderal is available to me. Haven't played much on my PC in years but might have to get back into it.

Sucks I can't find a new FRPG to play. I can't get into the ones SyFy type games that much.

hometeam 09-30-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 12457061)
Dang, I play on PS4 so does not look like Enderal is available to me. Haven't played much on my PC in years but might have to get back into it.

Sucks I can't find a new FRPG to play. I can't get into the ones SyFy type games that much.

Ah yea, skyrim with mods extends the game infinitely :(

New World Order 09-30-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12455810)
Are the FIFA games any good?

Yes. This year much improved.

Sandy Vagina 09-30-2016 07:20 PM

For Gonzo, or anyone feeling kind...

Fallout 4. Building a signal interceptor. Went through the motions to the point where I talk to Sturges.. and I'm to build this thing. Only, I go to the workshop.. go through the "special" options.. and not one single option is showing to be available in the building of this.

Did some reading, and seems people had been all ****ed up about connecting the pieces.. yet I don't even have the pieces to craft this thing? I have Sturgis' notes on how to and with what.. but no actual craft options in my workbench mode.

is I screwed? is my boy lost in outer space for good now?

Thanks for any help or ideas... aside from the **** yourself options, anyway.

cabletech94 10-01-2016 06:49 AM

i haven't really been a "gamer" in a few years. and i've been playing Marvel: avengers alliance on FB for the last 4 years. well, that game ended last night so it looks like i'll have a lot of free time back to me.
i have a Wii U and have played the hell out of mario kart. without digging through the thread, does anyone have any suggestions for the Wii U.
thanks in advance.

Sandy Vagina 10-01-2016 08:40 AM

So now, one of my handful of mods has been disabled. Settlement tweaks.. disabled.

I was thinking this mod might be interfering with giving me that "special" signal interceptor build option. Disabled, and now the game is forever stuck on a load menu. I can't even sign out or eject/reinsert the disk to have the option to go to main menu. No matter what, it goes back to this load screen, and doesn't do a thing else.

Must be time to say goodbye to my naked island of 54 women settlers. Goodbye, Shaun. :(

Gonzo 10-01-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12457948)
For Gonzo, or anyone feeling kind...

Fallout 4. Building a signal interceptor. Went through the motions to the point where I talk to Sturges.. and I'm to build this thing. Only, I go to the workshop.. go through the "special" options.. and not one single option is showing to be available in the building of this.

Did some reading, and seems people had been all ****ed up about connecting the pieces.. yet I don't even have the pieces to craft this thing? I have Sturgis' notes on how to and with what.. but no actual craft options in my workbench mode.

is I screwed? is my boy lost in outer space for good now?

Thanks for any help or ideas... aside from the **** yourself options, anyway.

Hmmm, this sounds a bit odd.
I've never run into that. Are you more aligned with the Railroad than the Minutemen maybe?

Each one of the groups allow you to make the signal interceptor. I'm not 100% sure if it's a glitch or not but it's sounding likely.

Gonzo 10-01-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12458266)
So now, one of my handful of mods has been disabled. Settlement tweaks.. disabled.

I was thinking this mod might be interfering with giving me that "special" signal interceptor build option. Disabled, and now the game is forever stuck on a load menu. I can't even sign out or eject/reinsert the disk to have the option to go to main menu. No matter what, it goes back to this load screen, and doesn't do a thing else.

Must be time to say goodbye to my naked island of 54 women settlers. Goodbye, Shaun. :(

Well shit. That sucks dude.
I've never ****ed with Mods since I play on PS4. That's sounding more likely though.

Sandy Vagina 10-01-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12458356)
Hmmm, this sounds a bit odd.
I've never run into that. Are you more aligned with the Railroad than the Minutemen maybe?

Each one of the groups allow you to make the signal interceptor. I'm not 100% sure if it's a glitch or not but it's sounding likely.

I was finally able to get to the main menu, re-enable the mod, and the game now works for me as before. I'm still stuck with the inability to craft the signal interceptor though.

I'm deep into both the Railroad and the Minuteman. I brought the project to Sturges, since I had a large spot picked out and ready to build on there in Sanctuary.

No option presents itself when I talk to Tinker Tom.

Settlement Tweaks is a very popular mod, so I can't imagine it not being widely reported, if it was the cause of this problem. But yeah.. the only things showing up in my Special section are roads, foundations, driveways, things like that. Nothing about the Interceptor parts. :(

BigBeauford 10-01-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 12458193)
i haven't really been a "gamer" in a few years. and i've been playing Marvel: avengers alliance on FB for the last 4 years. well, that game ended last night so it looks like i'll have a lot of free time back to me.
i have a Wii U and have played the hell out of mario kart. without digging through the thread, does anyone have any suggestions for the Wii U.
thanks in advance.

Smash brothers and super Mario maker are the two obvious ones.

kcxiv 10-02-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 12458193)
thanks in advance.

Pikman 3, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong, ZombieU isnt bad, Splatoon is amazing. It doesnt have alot of games, but they ones they do have are really good.

NewChief 10-03-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 12463161)
Pikman 3, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong, ZombieU isnt bad, Splatoon is amazing. It doesnt have alot of games, but they ones they do have are really good.

Splatoon still owns me. That being said, it's gotten increasingly hard, imo, as new users have trickled off and you're left with the hard core players.

I was once an A- ranked player... I'm struggling to stay in the Bs, now.

Of course, I don't play as much as I used to, either. The matchmaking can drive me crazy, though. It seems like I'll go through a run where I just keep getting put on shitty teams over and over and over.

notorious 10-03-2016 03:34 PM

Anyone try this yet?

PlayStation 4 is getting a mouse and keyboard controller

By Eric Frederiksen | July 31, 2015

If you ask any PC gamer what the best way to play an FPS is, they’ll tell you it’s a mouse and keyboard.

Peripheral manufacturer Hori hopes to offer the same chance to PlayStation 4 gamers with the Tactical Assault Commander 4. Here’s how it works: the left analog maps to the WASD keys on the keyboard, while the right is mapped to the mouse. Other buttons are mapped to side keys, along with some other features like a Walk button and a button to change mouse sensitivity.

The controller releases on November 30 and is currently listing at around $120, at which point we’ll be able to find out if the setup does a good job of emulating mouse aiming. If that’s the case, it could become a go-to accessory for console shooter fans. The previous iteration, the TAC3, was generally seen as a good idea implemented pretty poorly, so we hope Hori’s managed to improve things.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-cont...-commander.jpg

kcxiv 10-05-2016 05:52 AM

if this happens and you want to play a shooter, you will have no choice but to abandoned the controller. You will be at such a HUGE disadvantage.

New World Order 10-05-2016 05:54 AM

Just get a Xim4

Gonzo 10-05-2016 07:45 PM

I have got to admit... Mafia 3 looks really good. Nothing new, per say but it looks like a lot of effort was put into it.

The DLC for Dark Souls is going to seperate the casuals from the pros.
It looks as though you can't access it until you get to the Aldrich area. I knew that door on the right of the castle was for something!

I've been meaning to jump back into DS3 recently but believe it or not, I've been playing the shit out of Batman Arkham Knight again.

It's so much better now. The game has an awesome storyline too. You can probably pick it up for 20 bucks. I'd recommend it.

New World Order 10-05-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12468259)
I have got to admit... Mafia 3 looks really good. Nothing new, per say but it looks like a lot of effort was put into it.

It looks as though you can't access it until you get to the Aldrich area. I knew that door on the right of the castle was for something!

I've been meaning to jump back into DS3 recently but believe it or not, I've been playing the shit out of Batman Arkham Knight again.

It's so much better now. The game has an awesome storyline too. You can probably pick it up for 20 bucks. I'd recommend it.

I liked Mafia 2. This one looks good too. I'll probably wait a few months tho.

Sofa King 10-09-2016 08:25 PM

What's a good multiplayer game, doesn't take a super long time to build up, can play with a small group and do pvp?

hometeam 10-09-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 12474713)
What's a good multiplayer game, doesn't take a super long time to build up, can play with a small group and do pvp?

overwatch, paladins, battlerite, squad, arma 3, Just Cuase 3: Multiplayer (out this month !~!!!!)

Gonzo 10-10-2016 06:10 PM

Multiplayer? Rocket League is pretty awesome.

DC.chief 10-11-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12476542)
Multiplayer? Rocket League is pretty awesome.

Had blast playing that with my buddy the other night. It's fun turning infinite boost on and gravity off. You can basically float forever

Beef Supreme 10-11-2016 08:40 AM

I think I'm looking for a 4x space game, but need some help deciding. I am NOT a 4X player, for the most part. I tend to like the idea of 4x games, but don't like getting bogged down in micromanaging a million little units. I don't mind a learning curve, but I don't want to make a career of it. Would like something with some interesting story type elements as well. Some ship customization would be cool, but not a deal breaker.

Was looking at Stellaris, Endless Space, and Endless Space 2, though that one is still early access, it looks cool. But I don't know that much about how they play or if I should be looking elsewhere entirely. Some insight would be appreciated.

crazycoffey 10-11-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 12474713)

Kid just bought me rainbow 6 siege. I think it would meet your criteria

Sofa King 10-11-2016 07:08 PM

Which of those are newer games?

hometeam 10-11-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 12478509)
Which of those are newer games?

If your asking about my list.. all of them.

DJJasonp 10-14-2016 01:48 PM

Maybe I'm a sucker, but I dove in and bought the PS VR bundle today (and Until Dawn VR).....

Will report back later this evening with what is hopefully a mind-blowing experience worth the $!

Valiant 10-14-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12477367)
I think I'm looking for a 4x space game, but need some help deciding. I am NOT a 4X player, for the most part. I tend to like the idea of 4x games, but don't like getting bogged down in micromanaging a million little units. I don't mind a learning curve, but I don't want to make a career of it. Would like something with some interesting story type elements as well. Some ship customization would be cool, but not a deal breaker.

Was looking at Stellaris, Endless Space, and Endless Space 2, though that one is still early access, it looks cool. But I don't know that much about how they play or if I should be looking elsewhere entirely. Some insight would be appreciated.

Homeworld had a remaster

hometeam 10-14-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12477367)

BUCK plays 4x games.

DJJasonp 10-14-2016 10:51 PM

Ps VR is legit folks. Just messed around with the demos and I'm blown away. The resident evil demo scared the sh@t out me. Don't want to give anything away, but it's the most immersive experience I've ever felt. I'm a huge haunted house fan and this is 3x scarier than any haunted house I've experienced. It has a way of making you feel in a large space, or totally confined. The eve Valkyrie was awesome. The 3D VR hula app was fun as well. Totally satisfied so far folks. Can't wait for the Death Star run to make its way to VR!! Tomorrow, until dawn rush of blood!

Kidd Lex 10-15-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12483796)
Ps VR is legit folks. Just messed around with the demos and I'm blown away. The resident evil demo scared the sh@t out me. Don't want to give anything away, but it's the most immersive experience I've ever felt. I'm a huge haunted house fan and this is 3x scarier than any haunted house I've experienced. It has a way of making you feel in a large space, or totally confined. The eve Valkyrie was awesome. The 3D VR hula app was fun as well. Totally satisfied so far folks. Can't wait for the Death Star run to make its way to VR!! Tomorrow, until dawn rush of blood!

Just picked it up last night. Will report back...

Mother****erJones 10-15-2016 01:22 PM

I'm debating on waiting for a RE bundle in january

What did yall buy? Basic or a bundle?

DJJasonp 10-15-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12484346)
I'm debating on waiting for a RE bundle in january

What did yall buy? Basic or a bundle?

Bundle. Much cheaper when you consider cost of remotes and camera

Mother****erJones 10-15-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12484487)
Bundle. Much cheaper when you consider cost of remotes and camera

where did you get your bundle? Do I need the camera and those remotes right away?

DJJasonp 10-15-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12484642)
where did you get your bundle? Do I need the camera and those remotes right away?

you have to have the camera. You dont have to have the wands (though the experience is a little more authentic if you have the wands).

The bundle is 500. picked it up at best buy. without the bundle is 400.

the camera is 60 bucks....the motion controller 2-pak is 100 bucks. So the bundle is pretty worth it, considering you get both of those, plus the PS VR worlds disc that has 5-6 mini-games on it.

Mother****erJones 10-15-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12484695)
you have to have the camera. You dont have to have the wands (though the experience is a little more authentic if you have the wands).

The bundle is 500. picked it up at best buy. without the bundle is 400.

the camera is 60 bucks....the motion controller 2-pak is 100 bucks. So the bundle is pretty worth it, considering you get both of those, plus the PS VR worlds disc that has 5-6 mini-games on it.

I'm thinking about that bundle. Gamestop had a nice bundle but the shit is pre-owned. LOL ****ers.

I'll probably go to best buy if Gamestop doesn't have the bundle with new controllers and camera.

Kidd Lex 10-15-2016 10:23 PM

Def buy the bundle. Picked it up at Best Buy. The wands make for a much better experience in games like rush of blood.

DJJasonp 10-16-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis (Post 12485065)
Def buy the bundle. Picked it up at Best Buy. The wands make for a much better experience in games like rush of blood.

by the way - if you've already played Until Dawn, it makes Rush of Blood so much more impactful.

It's really cool to be in the 3D immersive environments that you will recall from the original game. and there's definitely been a few sh*t-my-pants moments for sure!

kcxiv 10-16-2016 05:47 PM

www.twitter.com/rockstargames http://www.rockstargames.com/ Their Twitter and website went Red! Ya know what that means!

Mother****erJones 10-16-2016 07:34 PM

Can't WAIT!!!

Bought the core VR today because they only had one left. Got the camera and Until Dawn. Haven't touched it due to the kc game and school work. Can't wait to try it soon.

DJJasonp 10-16-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12488893)
Can't WAIT!!!

Bought the core VR today because they only had one left. Got the camera and Until Dawn. Haven't touched it due to the kc game and school work. Can't wait to try it soon.

very nice! Definitely take the time to play around with the demos too!

Mother****erJones 10-18-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12468259)

I absolutely love Mafia 3 man. Great story, good gameplay, theme is fantastic, soundtrack is awesome. Graphics are pretty good but have some issues.

Mother****erJones 10-18-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12488983)
very nice! Definitely take the time to play around with the demos too!

I just had to do a research paper and big study guide for this anatomy class over the weekend so I didn't have time. I'm going to mess around with it some today.

Mother****erJones 10-18-2016 09:44 PM

So I played a couple rounds of VR in particular Rush of Blood. What a ****ing cool game. I had a blast man. Felt like Marty McFly in Back to the Future 2 where he's at the kitchen table with the VR type headset on ROFL.

I had such a fun time. But back to being an adult and school lol. Can't wait to the weekend.

MikeTate 10-19-2016 07:59 AM

Anyone get into the Overwatch beta?

hometeam 10-19-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTate (Post 12492740)
Anyone get into the Overwatch beta?

Yes 10 months ago~

NewChief 10-19-2016 08:51 PM

Supposedly the long-awaited NX preview/trailer will be released at 10am EST tomorrow.

DJJasonp 10-20-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12494649)
Supposedly the long-awaited NX preview/trailer will be released at 10am EST tomorrow.

looks to be handheld....screen mirroring for viewing on a large tv as well.

kcxiv 10-20-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12495958)
looks to be handheld....screen mirroring for viewing on a large tv as well.

Nintendo was said its more of a home console then a handheld. They went out of their way to say this.

Buck 10-20-2016 05:31 PM

That trailer was interesting, but in all reality, the main purpose is going to be able to continue playing games while you take a poop break.

Mother****erJones 10-21-2016 11:25 AM

I hope Nintendo comes out with a new Joe N' Mac game. Really enjoyed that title growing up.

frankotank 10-28-2016 01:33 PM

Question:
I'm a big Borderlands fan but...I don't understand this Tales From The Borderlands. these telltale things....I mean...is this gonna be a first person shooter like all the other Borderlands games or not?

The Franchise 10-28-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12510074)
Question:
I'm a big Borderlands fan but...I don't understand this Tales From The Borderlands. these telltale things....I mean...is this gonna be a first person shooter like all the other Borderlands games or not?

No. It's story driven and basically point and click.

frankotank 10-28-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12510084)
No. It's story driven and basically point and click.

OK thanks...that's sounds just dumb as shit!

The Franchise 10-28-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12510092)
OK thanks...that's sounds just dumb as shit!

They're fun if you're into those types of games. The Walking Dead series was a good one. They're all driven off of your choices in the game.

Mother****erJones 10-30-2016 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12510093)
They're fun if you're into those types of games. The Walking Dead series was a good one. They're all driven off of your choices in the game.

Absolutely love Telltale Walking Dead. Amazing game

KCFalcon59 10-30-2016 11:03 AM

Pretty good deal if you're looking for a PS4.

Link

kcxiv 10-30-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12513218)
Absolutely love Telltale Walking Dead. Amazing game

i only played the first season, but it was really ****ing cool.

Mother****erJones 11-02-2016 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 12514330)
i only played the first season, but it was really ****ing cool.

It was a very well done and the ending of that season was ****ing sad lol

kcxiv 11-02-2016 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12523045)
It was a very well done and the ending of that season was ****ing sad lol

yeah, i felt for the little girl! lol i was like NOOOOOOOOO lol

WhawhaWhat 11-02-2016 06:15 AM

Black Friday deals are starting to leak:

Xbox One S 500GB Battlefield 1 Bundle + Gears of War 4 + Extra Controller for $250 at Dell.

crazycoffey 11-03-2016 08:38 PM

Anybody on PS4 play rainbow 6 siege?

DJJasonp 11-04-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12492446)
So I played a couple rounds of VR in particular Rush of Blood. What a ****ing cool game. I had a blast man. Felt like Marty McFly in Back to the Future 2 where he's at the kitchen table with the VR type headset on ROFL.

I had such a fun time. But back to being an adult and school lol. Can't wait to the weekend.

I finished it last night - best 20 bucks I've spent on a game maybe ever.

What a fun (and full of jump scares) game.

Definitely will replay from time to time.....and here's hoping for a sequel.

ThaVirus 11-04-2016 11:00 AM

Digital copy of Until Dawn for $10 worth it?

I'm hearing there's little to no replay value and since it's digital there's no option to re-sell, but $10 is pretty low for what I hear is a pretty good game.

DJJasonp 11-04-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12528502)

I'm hearing there's little to no replay value and since it's digital there's no option to re-sell, but $10 is pretty low for what I hear is a pretty good game.

I absolutely LOVED that game.....may not be for everyone, but I think it was super-clever.....had legit creepiness to it, and once you're into it by 1/2 hour, you're hooked.

Technically speaking, it has replay value, as the storyline can change, depending upon the decisions you make (and there are quite a few).

Even without replayability, it was a fun game....kind of like playing a movie, as the story was pretty engaging....and keeps you guessing as to what is really going on.

I thought it was much more sophisticated/mature than what it appeared to be from previews.

Highly recommended, especially for 10 bucks.

ThaVirus 11-04-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 12528637)
I absolutely LOVED that game.....may not be for everyone, but I think it was super-clever.....had legit creepiness to it, and once you're into it by 1/2 hour, you're hooked.

Technically speaking, it has replay value, as the storyline can change, depending upon the decisions you make (and there are quite a few).

Even without replayability, it was a fun game....kind of like playing a movie, as the story was pretty engaging....and keeps you guessing as to what is really going on.

I thought it was much more sophisticated/mature than what it appeared to be from previews.

Highly recommended, especially for 10 bucks.

Cool, I'm gonna grab it for then. Thanks.

Gonzo 11-04-2016 03:48 PM

Gonzo's Game Reviews - Battlefield 1 - PS4

Alright gents! Lest our commanders start giving us the business, shall we go drive back the bloody Hun?
Jerry is quite saucy today so grab your 8mm rifle and let's bring a victory to our homeland!

Seriously though, for once EA might've got something right.
The music, the graphics, the vehicles all feel wonderfully accurate.
The weapons? Well, you still have to appeal towards the 15 and under crowd. I get that.
However, I own two rifles from the time period that they utilized in this game and I have to admit, they sound and look quite accurate.

Let's start with multiplayer since that's always been the crux of the battlefield games.

I like the fact that you can have huge battles of 64. However, I've found a new love. The pidgeon capture. You run around like a pidgeon with its head cut off until someone in your squad (or you) captured the bird. Then shit hits the fan. The goddamned Hun comes after your ass and unless you have a great defense set up, your bird won't deliver said message.

They have included the same old boring modes like capture the flag or team COD *I mean team deathmatch. However, the point of playing this game on multiplayer is to work as a team to capture an objective. Many of the players online right now know this and I've had a lot of great games.
If you're into multiplayer, I highly recommend you get this game. Just don't be one of those asshats that buys the "super premium get every gun" edition. That's just showing off that you don't have the patience or skill to rank up, douchebag.

Campaign:

It's probably what sold me in this there's no way in hell I would've bought this game if it didn't have the campaign mode. Now then, it's only about 6 hours long but I have a feeling that they're going to add to it. You can play several different theaters of war at any time so it's not linear. This makes it easy to add new missions and new stories. I think they just wanted to see how popular a WWI setting would be with the pew-die-pie/Call of Duty generation.

All in all? This game runs smoothly on my console, it has a few issues regarding multiplayer asshats running like a bunch of ****heads but I still enjoy it when actual strategy comes into play.

I give Battlefield 1 a solid 8 out of 10.

Maybe some of these snot nosed kids will actually learn something about our forgotten generation.

Mother****erJones 11-04-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12528502)

Really worried about 10 ****ing dollars? Sheesh

ThaVirus 11-04-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12529134)

Seriously?

Gonzo 11-04-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12529143)
Seriously?

Until dawn is a good game but not much replayability.

Mother****erJones 11-04-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12529237)
Until dawn is a good game but not much replayability.

I think it does because you can replay the levels. It's not like its a $60 game. In general, I feel like games nowadays have very little replay ability.

Mother****erJones 11-04-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12529143)
Seriously?

Get the game man. It's worth it.

Chief Pagan 11-05-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12529134)

Even if a game was free I would want to know if it was worth it. I don't play a large number of games and it usually takes me a little while to figure out the mechanics. It's annoying to put several hours into a game to find out you don't like it.

BigBeauford 11-09-2016 05:34 PM

Titanfall 2 and BF1 are $35 dollars at Target until tomorrow. GO GO GO!

Fire Me Boy! 11-09-2016 08:25 PM

Dishonored 2 comes out tomorrow.

The Franchise 11-10-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12543907)
Titanfall 2 and BF1 are $35 dollars at Target until tomorrow. GO GO GO!

Is the Battlefield 1 single player campaign worth the $35? I don't really have time for the multiplayer.

ThaVirus 11-10-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12544946)
Is the Battlefield 1 single player campaign worth the $35? I don't really have time for the multiplayer.

I haven't played it myself but the reviewers on SlickDeals made it sound like the best thing since sliced bread.