ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official Meltdown Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339950)

Red Dawg 09-26-2021 03:00 PM

Teams lack of talent is catching up with them and teams that have picked higher than us are getting rewarded. We have given away picks and not used some properly. Clyde should have been a DE pick and Hardman should have been Metcalf. That makes a difference.

We have no pass rush now and Mahomes has no good wr target in the red zone. No big body like others teams have.

keg in kc 09-26-2021 03:02 PM

If the blueprint is 'force three turnovers and hope you can hang on to win in the last minute' then we should have some ability to counter that...

As in, literally, stop turning the ball over in the ****ing fourth quarter and we win.

Dayze 09-26-2021 03:03 PM

beat the Chiefs......double Kelce and Hill...because no one else can make a play in the passing game.

oh, and rush 4, because apparently 4 vs 5 can win a majority of the time.

play safeties 15-20yds and force one fo the non playmeakers (and questionable NFL roster candidate) to do something.

wait for the OL to have a miscommunication, blown assignment, and/or/all penalty.
Be patient and chances are you're gonna get pressure.

then when you get the ball back on offense..just do normal stuff....because the Chiefs are only stopping you maybe 1 out of 9 drives.

get to the Chiefs 20...and you're basically guaranteed 7.

The Franchise 09-26-2021 03:04 PM

Hardman is a gadget player.
Thornhill has apparently pissed off Spags.
Niemann and Sorenson are garbage.
Frank Clark is trash.
Jarran Reed has been worthless.
Pringle, Robinson and Kemp are nothing.

JPH83 09-26-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15856816)
Veaches drafts are becoming a real problem as we need cheap guys to be good players...

This is my issue with trading 1st round picks away, at some point you have to have the guts to live and die with those picks rather than trade them for a perceived ready made fix. Some won't pan out, some will, those that do will be cheap and fix less glaring needs in the offseason.

He's been praised for the OL rebuild and I'm fairly confident, but it was pretty premature. And the DL reworking has been abysmal.

If I had any sympathy for Veach it's that some picks just haven't been played and it's mystifying (Thornhill), and others haven't continued an upward trajectory and it's not entirely his fault (Sneed). But people were trying to convince me he was a God for drafting Noah Gray. C'mon.

TomBarndtsTwin 09-26-2021 03:06 PM

Meh.

We’re still the best team in the AFC West and will be in first by the end of the season.

Playoffs are all that matter going forward.

We’ll be fine.

SupDock 09-26-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15856871)
Hardman is a gadget player.
Thornhill has apparently pissed off Spags.
Niemann and Sorenson are garbage.
Frank Clark is trash.
Jarran Reed has been worthless.
Pringle, Robinson and Kemp are nothing.

Jones continues to disappear.

keg in kc 09-26-2021 03:07 PM

Lack of talent? These last two games actually show us how much ****ing ridiculous talent the team has. Name me another team that could turn the ball over six times in two weeks and even be in either game.

This should not be hard to fix. Of course, it also shouldn't be happening in the first place. But seriously, this is not like Baltimore and LA came out and pounded us. We literally shot ourselves in the foot over and over and were still in a position to win both games.

Today was literally the Chargers playing their best game and still needing four turnovers to win.

Mecca 09-26-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 15856874)
This is my issue with trading 1st round picks away, at some point you have to have the guts to live and die with those picks rather than trade them for a perceived ready made fix. Some won't pan out, some will, those that do will be cheap and fix less glaring needs in the offseason.

He's been praised for the OL rebuild and I'm fairly confident, but it was pretty premature. And the DL reworking has been abysmal.

If I had any sympathy for Veach it's that some picks just haven't been played and it's mystifying (Thornhill), and others haven't continued an upward trajectory and it's not entirely his fault (Sneed). But people were trying to convince me he was a God for drafting Noah Gray. C'mon.

If 30 year old Sorensen who is constantly beaten is still playing over a guy you picked in the 2nd round, he's a terrible pick.

The Franchise 09-26-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15856886)
Lack of talent? These last two games actually show us how much ****ing ridiculous talent the team has. Name me another team that could turn the ball over six times in two weeks and even be in either game.

This should not be hard to fix. Of course, it also shouldn't be happening in the first place. But seriously, this is not like Baltimore and LA came out and pounded us. We literally shot ourselves in the foot over and over and were still in a position to win both games.

Today was literally the Chargers playing their best game and still needing four turnovers to win.

The Chargers shot themselves in the foot with penalties as well. That wasn’t their best game.

SupDock 09-26-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15856886)

The chiefs were very close to starting 0-3.

I get what you are saying, but we are now losing games we narrowly won last year.

Mecca 09-26-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15856858)
If the blueprint is 'force three turnovers and hope you can hang on to win in the last minute' then we should have some ability to counter that...

As in, literally, stop turning the ball over in the ****ing fourth quarter and we win.

No but it's if you make them use 10 plays to score theyll **** up.

petegz28 09-26-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15856877)
Meh.

We’re still the best team in the AFC West and will be in first by the end of the season.

Playoffs are all that matter going forward.

We’ll be fine.

Minus our record I guess we are the best.....

Rausch 09-26-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15856895)
The Chargers shot themselves in the foot with penalties as well. That wasn’t their best game.

Other than the Chargers' pass rush (which was consistently good all game) pretty much every area of both teams played like ass at times.

Herbert and Kelce looked flawless and that was about it...

ThaVirus 09-26-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 15856836)
The worrying thing is Baltimore showed you could beat us by running down our throats, Chargers showed you could win by doing as you say. Obviously some cross-over but it feels like there's variations on how we can lose. On offence teams can basically do anything - run, pass, doesn't matter. On defence they just eliminate the big plays and invite us to run.

Even with the defense being absolute garbage, we really beat ourselves more than either ram beat us.