ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Perception of the Chiefs outside of KC among football fans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320549)

Frazod 01-17-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14048275)
Lived in Rochester during the Pioli years. It's a bottom of the barrel feeling to be shown sympathy and pity by ****ing Bills fans.

It's funny, I've been to Syracuse several times over the years (wife's family is from there), including this past Christmas. Even though it's only a couple of hours from Buffalo, I have yet to see anybody wearing Bills gear there. Just Orangeman stuff. Everywhere. And nothing else.

Sassy Squatch 01-17-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14049033)
It's funny, I've been to Syracuse several times over the years (wife's family is from there), including this past Christmas. Even though it's only a couple of hours from Buffalo, I have yet to see anybody wearing Bills gear there. Just Orangeman stuff. Everywhere. And nothing else.

Probably a bunch of hockey and lacrosse fans. It's like football in Oklahoma and Texas to those guys.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14049023)
I'm a rare breed in my neck of the woods. It's all NFC North all the time (and primarily Green Bay). You basically get a "yeah the Chiefs look really good this year and have a shot," but that's about all you're going to get.

Well, we look a hell of a lot better than Green Bay, so there's that!

Great Expectations 01-17-2019 09:53 PM

I’ve done a little traveling over the past couple of weeks to South Florida and Colorado. I’ve been wearing Chief’s gear in airports and been getting a lot of “Go Chiefs” from random people, most of which are fans of other teams.

I imagine the Pat fans received the same prior to their first super bowl upset of the Rams....

Bob Dole 01-17-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 14048787)
Weird thing to me is that down here in south Texas, most of the comments come from women when I wear my Chiefs gear. Most dudes are Cowboys or Texans fans. They don't want to admit that Mahomes is great. A bunch of jealous ****s I guess.

I've been in NETX for 25 years, surrounded by Dallas and NO fans. They know how much this team means to me, and everyone has been pretty cool this season. They are all pulling for a KC NO Super Bowl.

alanm 01-17-2019 10:55 PM

99% Bronco fans here in We Neb. Most are saying the Chiefs are going to lose. Some friends that are Bronco fans are pulling for the Chiefs and are saying "Bout time."

suzzer99 01-17-2019 11:09 PM

Get ready - if we win the SB this year we're gonna be the new Pats before we know it. Loved by bandwagon fans and despised by real fans across the AFC. Heh

Also the AFC West and therefore HFA looks imminently winnable for the next few years. Fans are just going to start throwing up their hands when the AFC playoffs comes through Mahomes in KC every year.

splatbass 01-18-2019 01:40 AM

I live in Honolulu, but work on a military base so I talk to people from all over the country all the time, fans of all different teams. Outside the AFC-W it seems most people I talk to have a positive view of the Chiefs. They love Mahomes. I've been hearing all year from people that they want the Chiefs to do well. Especially this game of course, because everyone hates the Pats, but even before. I think KC is a team that is easy to like for most, nothing offensive, no reason to hate. Saw the same when the Royals won the WS.

I wear a Chiefs lanyard so I get a lot of comments from people, but 90% are very positive.

Hannah Barbarian 01-18-2019 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 14049053)
I’ve done a little traveling over the past couple of weeks to South Florida and Colorado. I’ve been wearing Chief’s gear in airports and been getting a lot of “Go Chiefs” from random people, most of which are fans of other teams.

Bet you interviewed them

Hoopsdoc 01-18-2019 06:13 AM

One of my co workers here in Southern Indiana is a lifelong, die hard Chiefs fan. He’s going to the game on Sunday.

I’d say 95 percent of the other people I’ve encountered are rooting for the Chiefs. I’ve seen one or two pats hats but very few and far between.

I think almost everyone outside of New England will be Chiefs fans on Sunday.

Nzoner 01-18-2019 07:46 AM

I'm flying into N'Awlins Tuesday and will be spending a week in the area,should be a lot of fun especially if our two teams are in the SB.

Frazod 01-18-2019 07:52 AM

Just had a Packer fan wish me luck.

markd2000 01-18-2019 08:01 AM

I live in SW Florida and everyone is pulling for the Chiefs...mostly because they can't stand the thought of another SB with the Patriots. Tons of respect for Mahomes. I have side bets with a couple of Patriot fan retirees and looking forward to collecting a nice dinner and some moola. I was at the Monday night game in 2014, the last time the Patriots played at Arrowhead and lost 41 - 14. They sat Brady at the end of that game. Funny how the media hasn't really touched on that but I'm hoping that it rattles Brady's smug confidence!

HemiEd 01-18-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 14048366)
This week I've been getting a bunch of " I hope you guys beat the crap out of the pats" and " I hate the F'n pats"

It's all quite a new experience for me

Yep, lots of emails and FB messages to that end. I didn't realize how much hate there was for the Patriots, even from NFC fans.

HemiEd 01-18-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14048715)
There are a few Chiefs fans here in San Francisco. Lots of people know about our team as Montana and then Alex Smith went to KC, people kept tabs a little. I just found out there’s a pretty huge Chiefs bar in the South side of Downtown. I’m flying to the game Saturday, out of Oakland. I plan to be Chiefed-up and expect nothing but respect.

Don't be dissing Bono and Grbac. :D