ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV ESPN plans another big round of layoffs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311479)

ChiefsCountry 05-10-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15668706)
ESPN peaked at 99 million subscribers back in 2013.. That was an impossible number to sustain because the advent of streaming changed the way the world watched and watches TV.

ESPN still has more than 82 million subscribers and ESPN+ has 12.1 million.

The news of their death has been greatly exaggerated.

ESPN is still the premiere sports viewing network.

Now their radio network has been in some trouble. Mike Greenberg coming back helped plug the water hole in the dam but they were losing affilates left and right when they got rid of Golic Sr. and then Will Cain rebuilt their afternoon lineup and he went to FOX News.

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15668726)
ESPN is still the premiere sports viewing network.

Now their radio network has been in some trouble. Mike Greenberg coming back helped plug the water hole in the dam but they were losing affilates left and right when they got rid of Golic Sr. and then Will Cain rebuilt their afternoon lineup and he went to FOX News.

Yeah and what people don’t seem to understand, it’s that ESPN is as ubiquitous as NBC, ABC, FOX and CBS.

All of those networks change leadership and staff all the time. You’re only as good as your best ratings and success and if it’s not working, changes are made. Anyone can read about this these days because the Hollywood Reporter and Variety are online, it’s just that most don’t care which creative was just fired at NBC.

Titty Meat 05-10-2021 10:11 PM

I hate I have to pay 5 bucks a month for shitty espn plus and 70 bucks for the payperview MMA fights

big nasty kcnut 05-10-2021 10:20 PM

Espn get rid of solid people and replace them with most non talented people. I mean dan lebetard cpspelling. Kenny mayne dan patrick you can't just replace good talent.

tyecopeland 05-11-2021 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15668725)
Dude, JFC, I ****ing hired one their Directors of Finance 18 years ago as junior financial analyst at Paramount. I don't pull shit out of my ass when talking about ANYTHING in the entertainment business.

You can believe whatever you want to believe but NO, those subscribers numbers are NOT mixed. If you're so concerned, do a ****ing Google search, where you'll find historical data and charts within minutes.

You could be right, because you are right quite a bit. BUT, you pull shit out of your ass all the time. And then throw around titles like they mean something.

RealSNR 05-11-2021 06:13 AM

ESPN murdered Stu Scott

Dunerdr 05-11-2021 06:14 AM

Personally for me it is the politics. I consider myself a Libertarian so i have left leaning sympathies but, I do not turn into sports shows to see the same shit the main stream media is pushing. When i want politics i watch politics. When i want sports, now i usually just get on Chiefsplanet.

tredadda 05-11-2021 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 15668754)
Espn get rid of solid people and replace them with most non talented people. I mean dan lebetard cpspelling. Kenny mayne dan patrick you can't just replace good talent.

Did they let Dan Patrick go or did he choose to leave on his own? Big difference between the two.

RedRaider56 05-11-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 15668754)

Le batard was no loss. He had gotten to the point of using his show primarily for political discussion. Very little actual sports was discussed, unless it was local to the Miami area

George Liquor 05-11-2021 11:07 AM

Hopefully Max Kellerman gets the axe soon.

tredadda 05-11-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15669219)
Hopefully Max Kellerman gets the axe soon.

Him and Stephen A. Smith. Neither bring any value.

George Liquor 05-11-2021 11:13 AM

I don't understand the Berman hate, maybe it's just nostalgia from when I was a kid and the home run derby, but he's far from the worst talking head on that shitty network.

Buehler445 05-11-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15669230)
Him and Stephen A. Smith. Neither bring any value.

Pretty sure that's one of the highest rated shows. At least it used to be.

And it's because people are ****ing dumb.

BigBeauford 05-11-2021 11:35 AM

Has a little to do with politics.
A lot to do with cord cutters.
A lot to do with younger people not giving a shit about sports at anywhere near the level our elders do.

ku_jhawk23 05-11-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15669233)
I don't understand the Berman hate, maybe it's just nostalgia from when I was a kid and the home run derby, but he's far from the worst talking head on that shitty network.

Well....he is a GIANT Prick.