ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about naps. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300959)

mdchiefsfan 10-13-2016 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12327053)
Those naps where you wake up not knowing what year it is are best. With saliva and pillow/blanket/couch indentations on your arms and shit.

Ah. That's the life.

I had those after school during high school. I had no windows in my room, which made working 3rd shift in the summers much easier.

One time my mom was making "breakfast" for dinner, and I about lost my shit. If I missed the bus I had to walk, so I woke up, smelled eggs, saw 6:45 on the alarm clock, and freaked out. I hopped up, got dressed, and flew down the stairs and out the door. My mom chased after me, asking what was wrong. Little did I know, it was 6:45 pm. :facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni 10-13-2016 07:09 AM

Good ole overnight shift dementia ROFL Have slept 24 hours straight in the past due to overnights.

ChiefAshhole1056 10-13-2016 07:37 AM

One of Europe's biggest advantages over America is "Siesta time". It was one of my favorite things about Spain.

Every day from 1-3 everything in town is shut down and everyone goes home for personal time, which is usually used for a nap. Partner that with the fact that the workdays don't really start until 9-ish and breakfast/lunch beers are socially acceptable.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-13-2016 07:45 AM

Damn we suck. That would be awesome, but but but our corporates would have to lose a few jet trips

loochy 04-27-2017 12:57 PM

Man, I could really use one of these right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63 09-04-2017 05:26 PM

I'm going down for a 1-2 hour snooze! Didn't sleep well last night with some acid reflux for first time in a long while.

Cranking down the A/C to 72 (it's 102 and sunny outside) and pulling the curtains closed

Sleeping on top of the covers with my LL Bean cotton blanket.

Nighty night!!! :ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ:

BucEyedPea 09-04-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 (Post 12480463)
One of Europe's biggest advantages over America is "Siesta time". It was one of my favorite things about Spain.

Every day from 1-3 everything in town is shut down and everyone goes home for personal time, which is usually used for a nap. Partner that with the fact that the workdays don't really start until 9-ish and breakfast/lunch beers are socially acceptable.

They also put less stock into their jobs having a lower GDP than the north. I wouldn't call it an advantage though.

That drove me crazy in Spain when my train from France slowed down to a halt stopping everything right in the middle of the tracks in Spain. None of us knew what was going on. Don't they also have a larger midday meal at this time too?

Earthling 09-04-2017 07:02 PM

My nephew calls me "Sir Naps-a-lot" so yeah...I'm addicted to 'em.

Fairplay 09-04-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12328747)
I avoid napping if I have to work the next day, dont wanna be up all night tossing and turning because of the nap

But once in a while they're great, and always on the couch

I'm not much on naps and if I do it is usually just drifting off and not a deep sleep the cool thing is I only reach dream stage and that can be fun or strange depending on the dream.

I did that today by the way.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-05-2017 01:38 AM

Shower naps

cooper barrett 09-05-2017 03:46 AM

Naps are few and far between anymore as I new sleep in 2 four hour shifts but in the past an ice cold shower and an aggressive ceiling fan and I was almost out before I hit the bed. I have great memories of being woke up from those naps too!

Nickhead 09-05-2017 04:30 AM

the only time i can nap is if it's around 11 am. any time after that i miss my bed time by about four hours. this happens about three times a year and generally means i am sick. :D

MelGrif 08-30-2020 03:16 PM

Usually I can't take the shot naps. I'm going to, but I can't wake up in 15 minutes :). In most cases I sit on the sofa in front of TV. But I'm thinking about buying one of the sleep recliners. They are supposed to be comfortable. Does anyone have such a recliner?