ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Cannabis oil has been shrinking tumors in woman's brain (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271669)

teedubya 04-02-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549279)
lolwut?

This is your evidence for it's treatment of cancer?

:banghead:

This is a ****ing waste of time.

You're a ****ing waste of air. Treatment of cancer MAY or MAY NOT be provable. But the fact is... we will NEVER find out. We have a corrupt system. Oh, and **** you.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9549241)

Well, shit. That sucks. I first saw that video I posted a yr ago and never seen an update, they just said he was cancer-free.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 11:04 AM

It's a shame that corporate greed is why MJ is not taken more seriously as a medicine.

Donger 04-02-2013 11:05 AM

LMAO

It's always nice to see the side-effects, particularly the paranoia.

Fish 04-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549271)
WHY WOULD PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES WANT IT LEGAL? You can't patent a plant = lost profits and decrease in stock value.

Thus, there will be no "third party" evidence. Do you not understand how big business works?

They fear a lack of profit. I believe that. But that doesn't equate to proving the medicinal effects as a cancer treatment.

If it could be shown that cannabis cures cancer, even Big Pharma with all their power could not prevent the results from being made available.

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549271)
WHY WOULD PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES WANT IT LEGAL? You can't patent a plant = lost profits and decrease in stock value.

Thus, there will be no "third party" evidence. Do you not understand how big business works?

However, I am certain there is active research being conducted on cannabis.

It's also comical that you have the audacity to tell me I misunderstand something when you've provided no evidence, and you are actively showing a gross misunderstanding of how fundamental research works.

ReynardMuldrake 04-02-2013 11:06 AM

I'm all for medical marijuana. But calling it a cure for cancer is silly.

teedubya 04-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549308)
However, I am certain there is active research being conducted on cannabis.

It's also comical that you have the audacity to tell me I misunderstand something when you've provided no evidence, and you are actively showing a gross misunderstanding of how fundamental research works.

It seems to me that all you do is defend Big Pharma, Mr. Head Trauma. The system is corrupt, but most likely it pays your bills... so you look the other way.

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549258)
Still waiting on the evidence for the treatment of cancer. Not it's effects on pain or appetite. Treatment.

If you want to chastise doctors for foregoing a treatment option for this woman, at least have some ground to stand on. Otherwise, GTFO.

Why argue against any kind of treatment that is helpful?

I know MJ may not have any healing properties, but what it could have is immune-strengthening properties.

Why fight something that could be beneficial to human health?

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9549287)
You're a ****ing waste of air. Treatment of cancer MAY or MAY NOT be provable. But the fact is... we will NEVER find out. We have a corrupt system. Oh, and **** you.

Yes, we will. Go to pubmed and type in cannabis. There IS active research on the plant, and THC if had legitimate scientific footing as a treatment, it would be very marketable. Purify it, control dosing, and market it.

kepp 04-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9549314)
I'm all for medical marijuana. But calling it a cure for cancer is silly.

Why? It's never been researched in that light.

Donger 04-02-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9549322)

I know MJ may not have any healing properties, but what it could have is immune-strengthening properties.

Question: do you think that the Bump and teedubya of the world who seem to be so pro-weed as a medicine/cure-all would be that way if pot didn't get those who use it high?

teedubya 04-02-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9549322)

Because that is what Big Pharma pawns are instructed to do.

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9549328)
Question: do you think that the Bump and teedubya of the world who seem to be so pro-weed as a medicine/cure-all would be that way if pot didn't get those who use it high?

I would be but i'm not so sure it cures cancer, there are however alternative treatments that do work.

Donger 04-02-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549325)
Yes, we will. Go to pubmed and type in cannabis. There IS active research on the plant, and THC if had legitimate scientific footing as a treatment, it would be very marketable. Purify it, control dosing, and market it.

Please don't present actual evidence contrary to the claims of the kooks. It makes them... off.