ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Decision to be made on #1 four days before draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271667)

Sorter 04-01-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547529)
We need to come out of this thing with one of the Georgia defensive guys.

Or South Carolina.

O.city 04-01-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9547542)
Or South Carolina.

Oh yeah, forgot about them.

Or Ray Horto..............****:cuss:

RunKC 04-01-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547525)
Also, I don't get the Ansah love. If we were at 12 or 15? Sure. Much too raw to go that early.

Similar to Clay Matthews. He was a work in progress too and look how he turned out?

Today, I think many people would take him 1st overall if there was no Stafford in 2009.

RealSNR 04-01-2013 07:14 PM

We already reached on Dontari Poe at #11 to fill NT.

Let's not do that headache again at #1 overall to fill our need at backup OLB.

Dion Jordan wouldn't be a top 10 pick last year. He's not worth it. And if you're going to draft on potential at 1.1 due to the nature of that draft class, you should pick the most valuable position in the game of football. QB.

Tombstone RJ 04-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9547287)
All of the guys we're talking about at 1.1 would be borderline middle- to late-first picks in a stronger draft class. It's really just a bunch of guys. Which doesn't mean that some of them won't be stars. But there's nobody special. At all. None of these prospects are really even close to 1.1 value in a normal year. Talk about Geno not being Luck all you want, but there's no Suh or Pace or Megatron or Deion or Peppers in this draft. Not even close. It's like the dirty little secret nobody wants to admit.

wrong again. It's a strong draft for offensive tackles and defensive line. As I've argued with you on this in another thread, you have absolutely NO proof outside of your own opinion that this is not a strong draft for tackles. NONE.

Fact is, this is a strong draft for offensive tackles which is a keystone player in the NFL. This happens to be an extremely deep draft for defensive line too.

RealSNR 04-01-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9547549)
wrong again. It's a strong draft for offensive tackles and defensive line. As I've argued with you on this in another thread, you have absolutely NO proof outside of your own opinion that this is not a strong draft for tackles. NONE.

Fact is, this is a strong draft for offensive tackles which is a keystone player in the NFL. This happens to be an extremely deep draft for defensive line too.

It's a DEEP class. It's not a top heavy class.

Perfect if you're the Patriots or Niners and drafting at the back ends with a billion middle round picks.

****ing shitty if you're in the top 10.

2009 wasn't even a deep class. At least this one is loaded with good value later on.

O.city 04-01-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9547545)
Similar to Clay Matthews. He was a work in progress too and look how he turned out?

Today, I think many people would take him 1st overall if there was no Stafford in 2009.

How is he similar to Matthews? You sure love to project I guess.

Seems more Maybin to me.

Sorter 04-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9547544)
Oh yeah, forgot about them.

Or Ray Horto..............****:cuss:

GRRRRRRRRAHHHHHHHHHHWHAHHARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you have to bring up bad things?

penbrook 04-01-2013 07:18 PM

Dunta Robinson says he could play FS if they ask him too.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WEyPO...%3DWEyPOza_FHw

Lol Teicher posted in a article two weeks ago saying Dunta wont be playing safety..

Coogs 04-01-2013 07:18 PM

My four in order. It won't be popular, but that is OK by me.

1. Geno Smith. I don't care what draft picks have already been given up for Alex Smith, Geno is my pick.

2. If it is not going to be Geno, then I am going to give Alex Smith the player I believe will be the best playmaker on either side of the ball out of this draft. Tavon Austin. Don't care if he is a reach. Don't care if he is on the small side of things.

3. DeMarcus Milliner. Even though we have added some secondary help in the FA market, this guy could be one of the top playmakers available on the defensive side of things.

4. Cordarrelle Patterson. Similar to why I would take Austin. Potential game changer on the offensive side.

O.city 04-01-2013 07:18 PM

It's a deep LT class with some guys that very deservedly will go early. But, you can say there are guys as good as any of the three tackles in this class, that go in every years draft.

Fisher has alot of upside same with Lane Johnson. But are they generational guys like Von Miller or AJ Green?

O.city 04-01-2013 07:19 PM

Patterson is extremely raw, but I get it. I said it in another thread, but I really wish there was a damn WR up there that we could take.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 07:20 PM

Full of oline and dline. Perfect reason to take a chance on Geno let him develop and play in 2 years.

penbrook 04-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9547558)
My four in order. It won't be popular, but that is OK by me.

1. Geno Smith. I don't care what draft picks have already been given up for Alex Smith, Geno is my pick.

2. If it is not going to be Geno, then I am going to give Alex Smith the player I believe will be the best playmaker on either side of the ball out of this draft. Tavon Austin. Don't care if he is a reach. Don't care if he is on the small side of things.

3. DeMarcus Milliner. Even though we have added some secondary help in the FA market, this guy could be one of the top playmakers available on the defensive side of things.

4. Cordarrelle Patterson. Similar to why I would take Austin. Potential game changer on the offensive side.

I especially love choices 1 & 2.

O.city 04-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9547554)
GRRRRRRRRAHHHHHHHHHHWHAHHARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you have to bring up bad things?

Masochist?