ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Carnival Cruise Ship Stranded For 3rd Day - Sewage "Running Down The Walls" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269963)

Dartgod 02-13-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9399649)
I would be looking for a Personal Injury lawyer right now and I'm not joking.

I had someone bump me in bumper to bumper traffic a few years ago. Maybe doing 1 mph or less.

I had an eye witness that saw this guy do it on purpose. I think the traffic was getting to him.

I went the neck doctor and claimed soft tissue damage which they can't prove or disprove.

The insurance company settled for 120K, 1/3 went to the lawyer.

Make sure you get a lawyer that will do it on a contingency basis, no money out of pocket.

You already have a cause of action.

Thank you for your part in my insurance premiums increasing in the future.

Dick.

Monty 02-13-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9400002)
Just in case you hadn't seen it yet Monty; The director of the Alabama Cruise Terminal said she'd been given a timeframe of 1-4 Thursday for the ship to arrive.

Thanks. Yes, I read that. Time to get the house cleaned up a bit. :D

seclark 02-13-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semen (Post 9400065)
Thanks. Yes, I read that. Time to get the house cleaned up a bit. :D

either that or just shit in the floor so she thinks she's still on vacation.
sec

MIAdragon 02-13-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9400032)
My years in the Navy pretty much cured me of ever wanting to set foot on another ship, but instance after instances of epic cruise line fail really cements it.

This!

ptlyon 02-13-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9400069)
either that or just shit in the floor so she thinks she's still on vacation.
sec

Or at least make her happy she was on vacation, cuz she didn't have to clean it up there

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 01:52 PM

There's quite a bit of hyperbole/overreaction going on in here. These incidents (fire, main engine blown out, etc.) are very rare. Go look up how many times they've occurred vs. the number of cruises over that time span. It's a very low percentage.

memyselfI 02-13-2013 01:58 PM

No thanks. The idea of being on an airplane and unable to leave is unsettling enough. But the idea of being on one of these ships for days into areas where regulations are less stringent and rules are lax. Pass.

Frosty 02-13-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9400089)
There's quite a bit of hyperbole/overreaction going on in here. These incidents (fire, main engine blown out, etc.) are very rare. Go look up how many times they've occurred vs. the number of cruises over that time span. It's a very low percentage.

People are funny that way. My MIL is afraid to fly so ends up driving from Oregon to Florida and back a couple of times a year. No matter what, I can't convince her which is the more dangerous of the two. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9400118)
People are funny that way. My MIL is afraid to fly so ends up driving from Oregon to Florida and back a couple of times a year. No matter what, I can't convince her which is the more dangerous of the two. :rolleyes:

Precisely. People are illogical.

Frazod 02-13-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9400118)

Holy shit, how long does that drive take?

Frosty 02-13-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9400130)
Holy shit, how long does that drive take?

About 5 days, with a layover mid-way to visit family

Frosty 02-13-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9400133)

Google Maps has it at 45 hours

Frazod 02-13-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9400133)

Brutal. But I guess it would be okay if you had nothing better to do.

memyselfI 02-13-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9399556)
No **** that.

This is America.

I would definitely look into suing for lost wages, emotional distress, sexual harassment, attempted rape, robbery, etc, etc, etc.

You can bet someone is.

You just don't want a class action.

I find this more disgusting than the idea that he sued, and won, for a bogus claim. And I was once sued for one. My insurance company did their homework and found out it was a serial claimant and she got nothing. I think she even had to pay court costs. LOL. The poster above will one day find himself in a similar situation. Maybe he shot his wad on a short term gain when on down the road there will be a serious long term gain he will lose out on.

THAT would be justice.

Iowanian 02-13-2013 02:12 PM

This is the first post you've made that I've not really agreed with, but its' enough to tell me what kind of person you are.

If I ever should host an event, please don't come. I wouldn't want you to shove a lobster up your ass and then sue me for not providing details on the proper consumption of large crustaceans.

You sir are the kind of bag of penis that is fornicating up this country. Damn you sir. Damn you.

I'd have called you an ignorant one who sucks the penis who drinks from a state fair outhouse on the last day, but you'd probably lawyer up, so I won't do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9399649)
I would be looking for a Personal Injury lawyer right now and I'm not joking.

I had someone bump me in bumper to bumper traffic a few years ago. Maybe doing 1 mph or less.

I had an eye witness that saw this guy do it on purpose. I think the traffic was getting to him.

I went the neck doctor and claimed soft tissue damage which they can't prove or disprove.

The insurance company settled for 120K, 1/3 went to the lawyer.

Make sure you get a lawyer that will do it on a contingency basis, no money out of pocket.

You already have a cause of action.

FTR, a van turned in front of me and I hit them broadside about 50mph...stuck my head through the windshield and have had pain about every day since for nearly 2 decades...and didn't ask for a dime.