ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Cap casualty season: Here are some likely big-name victims (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269727)

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9381744)
The only idiot in this is you. And you're the one assuming a veteran would beat out our rookie.

Not sure why the insults are necessary. But just so I understand, you're saying that we HAVE to bring in a guy it would be moronic not to, but he's not going to play anyways so yeah.

Brilliant logic there Socrates.

Exoter175 02-06-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9381745)
Please stop with Alex Smith.

This will be his 3rd consecutive year as a free agent. NFL starter caliber QBs don't do that.

Since '09 he's been a pretty consistent QB, and turned into a fantastic QB when Harbaugh arrived, who happens to be a pretty good QB coach, not unlike Andy Reid.

At the end of the day, he's going to get traded or released. He won't get a bunch of starting job offers across the league, we're talking a handful at best. It isn't for lack of skill, simply because people don't know whether it was him or harbaugh that started producing that managed to cultivate the increase in performance, most people will credit harbaugh.

Development and stability are more important at the QB position than any other position out there, guys are going to stop developing physically after their second or third year, the rest will be mental. Given the fact that the kid had 75 different coaches in that short span, most people are going to back off big money and the opportunity to see him play and take that risk.

What this means for us is that there's always going to be the possibility that he could end up taking the job here, knowing he's going to get benched for our QBOTF either in this season, or next, and that he'll have a job here as long as he performs well and acts like a model teammate, but not at the big dollar pricetag he has been searching for.

RustShack 02-06-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9381745)
Please stop with Alex Smith.

This will be his 3rd consecutive year as a free agent. NFL starter caliber QBs don't do that.

No one wants to sign a starter...

jspchief 02-06-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9381751)

He's not coming here to be a backup. If he was ok with that hr wouldn't be asking for a release.

RustShack 02-06-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9381748)
Not sure why the insults are necessary. But just so I understand, you're saying that we HAVE to bring in a guy it would be moronic not to, but he's not going to play anyways so yeah.

Brilliant logic there Socrates.

Yes it makes more sense than what you want. Not sure why you'd want Palko caliber backups. You keep throwing out lame examples that are in no way similar and just further proving you don't know what you're talking about.

You can't point out a single WCO that didn't sign AND draft a QB. Lets look at the QB oriented HC's. point out an example from those where that coach didn't also sign a veteran.

RustShack 02-06-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9381752)
He's not coming here to be a backup. If he was ok with that hr wouldn't be asking for a release.

Just like Kyle Orton right? Smith wound have a shot at starting a few games here while we develop our QB, but the Chiefs and no other team are signing him to be the "starter"

I never even said Smith was the guy we were signing.

RustShack 02-06-2013 02:39 AM

But I'm done. You clearly don't understand how the NFL works.

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 02:43 AM

I could care less who the backup is. That's why they're called backups. I want my "starter" to be good. Apparently you want your starter to be as good as their backup. That's what we've had for a long time. How's that worked out for us?

SPchief 02-06-2013 02:46 AM

It's a cripple fight!

jspchief 02-06-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9381759)
I could care less who the backup is. That's why they're called backups. I want my "starter" to be good. Apparently you want your starter to be as good as their backup. That's what we've had for a long time. How's that worked out for us?

Would you rather a rookie have a former Superbowl QB as a mentor? Or Brady Quinn?

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9381760)
It's a cripple fight!

Laugh riot.

PaulAllen 02-06-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9381761)
Would you rather a rookie have a former Superbowl QB as a mentor? Or Brady Quinn?

Like I said it really doesn't matter. If it was up to me I'd draft a quarterback with my first TWO picks and let them battle it out. If it doesn't work do it again next season. Statistically your bound to get a stud.

htismaqe 02-06-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9381761)

You're assuming that Alex Smith WANTS to do that.

He already lost his job basically without warrant (he was playing lights out at the time actually) and mentored his replacement all the way to the Super Bowl.

His first choice won't be to come here and do the exact same thing. If it ends up that nobody wants him as a starter and thus he has no choice, you're likely looking at one bitter guy.

No matter how you slice it, the ONLY way he fits here is if he's the starter.

htismaqe 02-06-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9381751)

So you are signing a guy that WANTS to be starter to be a backup and you're 1) trusting him to mentor your young QB and 2) be a good locker room presence.

No thanks.

RealSNR 02-06-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9381724)
"our guy" isn't in this draft. He was in last years' draft. There is no guarantee that any of these QBs in this draft will even make for solid starters. So far we've got a plethora of career backups.

This is an outrageously insane post. "Plethora of career backups?" You've got so much bukkake jizz in your eyes from last year's class that you can't see correctly.

And no, "our guy" wasn't in last years' draft, you ****ing moron. The Chiefs, in their brilliant wisdom, refused to trade up for RGIII or Tannehill. They weren't going to take Weeden (thank Christ) and ****ing Brock Osweiler got taken before Russell Wilson. The rest of these QBs are garbage, and would likely get drafted in the exact same positions if they were a part of this year's class. We were never in position to take one of the QBs from last year who started and did well.