ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo's Presser (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265110)

Deberg_1990 10-14-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9013330)
i have to give chiefs fans credit, the callers into 810 are checking off the list of failures....everyone gets it now, no excuses

the emperor has no clothes

except there was one guy...."Lets bring in Bill Parcells' ROFL

the Talking Can 10-14-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9013518)
except there was one guy...."Lets bring in Bill Parcells' ROFL

yeah...and some guy was screaming from a submarine somewhere

siberian khatru 10-14-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9013512)
"if we just upgraded the OL..."

I saw a few of those on Facebook. "Joe Montana/Peyton Manning/Tom Brady couldn't play behind this line!" I'm sure they think this team can be fixed by spending the entire 2013 draft on the OL.

:doh!:

Oh Snap 10-14-2012 05:53 PM

I have some reservations about Crennel trying to run the Defense and head coaching gig at the same time. I think thats a difficult task for anyone, especially a guy who is as inexperienced as Crennel is as a HC.

Another issue is how much control is Pioli allowing his head coaches to exert over their teams? With all the chatter surfacing about Haley and his qualms with the FO; it makes ya wonder just who it is that is really coaching this team. Pioli? Or Crennel?

Bewbies 10-14-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9013949)
I have some reservations about Crennel trying to run the Defense and head coaching gig at the same time. I think thats a difficult task for anyone, especially a guy who is as inexperienced as Crennel is as a HC.

Another issue is how much control is Pioli allowing his head coaches to exert over their teams? With all the chatter surfacing about Haley and his qualms with the FO; it makes ya wonder just who it is that is really coaching this team. Pioli? Or Crennel?

I have trouble with Crennel being the head coach of my nephew's 6th grade team.

It's amazing he's such a good D-coordinator and such a horrid coach.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-14-2012 05:57 PM

Please retire Romeo. For our sake and yours.

Deberg_1990 10-14-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9013963)

hes an "OK" Defensive guy. Hes not a guru or genius by any means. Hes basically a Parcells/Bellichek coat tails guy.

jaa1025 10-14-2012 06:01 PM

The last thing a HC should say is "I don't understand what is wrong" publicly or to his team. He's supposed to be the leader of the team. How are they going to trust playing for him if he constantly admits he doesn't have a ****ing clue.

How did Pioli not know he is a worthless HC when everyone and their brother did.

chiefzilla1501 10-14-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9013968)
hes an "OK" Defensive guy. Hes not a guru or genius by any means. Hes basically a Parcells/Bellichek coat tails guy.

I think he's a lot better at coordinating defenses than he gets credit for on CP. Very good coordinator. Absolutely, positively shitty head coach.

DTLB58 10-14-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9013580)
I saw a few of those on Facebook. "Joe Montana/Peyton Manning/Tom Brady couldn't play behind this line!" I'm sure they think this team can be fixed by spending the entire 2013 draft on the OL.

:doh!:

Yea, Pretty much a waste of time trying to discuss football with FB fans.

chiefzilla1501 10-14-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9013963)
I have trouble with Crennel being the head coach of my nephew's 6th grade team.

Some of us screamed about this when he was hired.

It's not amazing. It drives me nuts that football fans obsess over who the smartest coordinator is and that he should be head coach. **** that. I want a coach who inspires and leads people and knows how to psychologically preach discipline, even if they have a limited track record coordinating an offense or defense.

That only happens by interviewing lots and lots of assistant coach candidates, including sleepers.

FringeNC 10-14-2012 06:05 PM

Romeo knows he can't win with Cassel/Quinn, and is fine with just collecting a fat paycheck. The word is he was too soft on his team in Cleveland, and given the circumstances here, I'm guessing he's even softer. It's not going to end well for Pioli - tying your fortunes to Crennel and Cassel.

Bewbies 10-14-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9013968)

He has too many Super Bowl rings to say he's just ok. He's a great coordinator. He is worse than licking your grandmas chili splattered asshole at head coach.

BoneKrusher 10-14-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9013967)
Please retire Romeo. For our sake and yours.

maybe his family will insist he retire to save them embarrassment.

Bewbies 10-14-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9014000)
Some of us screamed about this when he was hired.

It's not amazing. It drives me nuts that football fans obsess over who the smartest coordinator is and that he should be head coach. **** that. I want a coach who inspires and leads people and knows how to psychologically preach discipline, even if they have a limited track record coordinating an offense or defense.

That only happens by interviewing lots and lots of assistant coach candidates, including sleepers.

Yeah, I hated the hire. I would bet he was the only guy that would interview after McDumbass turned us down. LMAO