ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319738)

Buehler445 05-26-2023 07:19 AM

I thought it was a nice ending.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the structure of the ending and I like it more than I thought I did. They hit some nice beats there. While actually closing the story up.

That being said it’s hard to tell a story that the audience knows the end. But I thought it worked.

There was a little less humor than I’d hoped for other than

Spoiler!

I’m continually amazed at how much I enjoyed the show. Despite most of the notes not typically being something that resonates with me.

Well done. I’ll for sure rewatch one of these winters.

Interestingly I rewatched S4E9 of Succession with my buddy before I watched the finale of Maisel. It’s interesting how well written they both are in entirely different ways.

There has been a lot of talk about the writers strike and the writers of Conan or Law and Order or whatever, but things like these 2 shows are what I hope doesn’t get lost as the industry moves forward. We really are in the golden age of TV. Between streamers facing economic realities and the writers strikes and AI and so on it may be over soon, but I hope not. Shows like this one and Succession while being entirely different encapsulate what’s right about the industry.

Zebedee DuBois 05-26-2023 02:41 PM

They did a good job with this final season of pulling all the story lines to a fairly satisfying conclusion. The 'flash forwards" of her grown kids and especially Susies' TestaRoastial did a lot of the heavy lifting in that regard, freeing the final episode of the necessity of dealing with all that, and allowing it to be about her 'big break'. Nicely done.

I agree with her bit on the Gordon Ford show not being a side splitter, but it also served as a summation of the entire show.

TwistedChief 05-27-2023 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16959539)
I thought it was a nice ending.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the structure of the ending and I like it more than I thought I did. They hit some nice beats there. While actually closing the story up.

That being said it’s hard to tell a story that the audience knows the end. But I thought it worked.

There was a little less humor than I’d hoped for other than

Spoiler!

I’m continually amazed at how much I enjoyed the show. Despite most of the notes not typically being something that resonates with me.

Well done. I’ll for sure rewatch one of these winters.

Interestingly I rewatched S4E9 of Succession with my buddy before I watched the finale of Maisel. It’s interesting how well written they both are in entirely different ways.

There has been a lot of talk about the writers strike and the writers of Conan or Law and Order or whatever, but things like these 2 shows are what I hope doesn’t get lost as the industry moves forward. We really are in the golden age of TV. Between streamers facing economic realities and the writers strikes and AI and so on it may be over soon, but I hope not. Shows like this one and Succession while being entirely different encapsulate what’s right about the industry.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I can’t believe this show is ending within hours of Succession and Barry which are two absolute gems as well.

I thought the finale was very satisfying. The season was as good as any before it imho and wrapped things up nicely. I can’t get over how good the writing was throughout.

Pour some liquor out for the cast. They were amazing.

BryanBusby 05-27-2023 08:33 PM

As the ending credits rolled it was like eh, Amazon just doesn't have anything like this to transition to. A big loss for them.

BigRedChief 06-05-2023 09:33 AM

Agree, they stuck the landing. So many series endings suck. Glad to see this. Brought a smile to my face.

BigRedChief 06-05-2023 10:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I’ve been to that Chinese restaurant that they went into near the end of the show last night. It’s a fantastic place. Looks like a dive on the outside and inside but The food is the best Asian I’ve ever had. Also this fish was the best. Go down the stairs and eat there.

InChiefsHeaven 06-06-2023 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16971039)
I’ve been to that Chinese restaurant that they went into near the end of the show last night. It’s a fantastic place. Looks like a dive on the outside and inside but The food is the best Asian I’ve ever had. Also this fish was the best. Go down the stairs and eat there.

LOL...that fish looks ****ing awful...but to each his own man.:thumb:

BigRedChief 06-06-2023 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 16971127)
LOL...that fish looks ****ing awful...but to each his own man.:thumb:

I'm not shitting ya, best tasting fish ever.