ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Lil Wayne In Critical Condition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271197)

ThaVirus 03-15-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 9503907)
Last September, Billboard reported the rapper had tallied 109 hits on its Hot 100, surpassing the record previously held by Elvis Presley.

Wow, I didn't know that.

The dude is good, but lately I think he's sucked. He was at his best around 2007 when he was making mixtapes, LPs, and featuring on every track he came across. I always thought his best stuff came from his mixtapes though. Da Drought 3, Dedication 2 (I think), and No Ceilings were ****ing legendary.

These days his boy Drake is the man. That dude will be running shit for the next 10 years.

-King- 03-15-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9503968)
Wow, I didn't know that.

The dude is good, but lately I think he's sucked. He was at his best around 2007 when he was making mixtapes, LPs, and featuring on every track he came across. I always thought his best stuff came from his mixtapes though. Da Drought 3, Dedication 2 (I think), and No Ceilings were ****ing legendary.

These days his boy Drake is the man. That dude will be running shit for the next 10 years.

Between Carter I and Carter 3 was his best. Everything outside of that is trash.

KCWolfman 03-15-2013 09:18 PM

Probably lead paint in his grill.

LoneWolf 03-15-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9503967)
He's an asshole, but he's a hell of a talented one.

The word talent has been thrown around way to loosely in this thread.

TLO 03-15-2013 09:24 PM

So is he dead? Watching basketball? Having some more purple drank?

PunkinDrublic 03-15-2013 09:25 PM

It's just utter shit the music Lil Wayne and 90% of southern rappers put out. I stopped listening to most rap and hip hop in the mid nineties because it just got worse and worse. I don't wish death upon Lil Talent but he may be the most overrated rapper of all time.

MTG#10 03-15-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9504061)
It's just utter shit the music Lil Wayne and 90% of southern rappers put out. I stopped listening to most rap and hip hop in the mid nineties because it just got worse and worse. I don't wish death upon Lil Talent but he may be the most overrated rapper of all time.

This. How the **** is that no talent waste of skin so rich and famous when people with real skills like Tech n9ne go unnoticed (mainstream) for years?

DomerNKC 03-15-2013 09:31 PM

:bravo:

ThaVirus 03-15-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9503975)
Between Carter I and Carter 3 was his best. Everything outside of that is trash.

You didn't like No Ceilings? He went the **** off on that mixtape.

That was the last time I can say I liked his shit though. He had a couple on Tha Carter IV that were ok- namely She Will and Megaman off the top of my head. But that How to Love bullshit was enough for me to want to burn the disc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9504034)
The word talent has been thrown around way to loosely in this thread.

Some would argue that the best rappers are something akin to poets.

WhawhaWhat 03-15-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9504061)

I heard they suck live!

ThaVirus 03-15-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9504102)
This. How the **** is that no talent waste of skin so rich and famous when people with real skills like Tech n9ne go unnoticed (mainstream) for years?

Dude, you should know by now. Making it big in the music industry is less about talent and far more about image, connections, and probably most importantly, being lucky/getting that big break.

And that goes for every music genre.

NewChief 03-15-2013 09:36 PM

Holy ****. Are we really going to have the same old broken record arguments everytime Ny modern pop icon comes up? Cliche cliche cliche.

LoneWolf 03-15-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9504116)
Some would argue that the best rappers are something akin to poets.

Some would be wrong. Did you read the lyrics that Capone posted earlier? If that is akin to poetry, then my kid's shitty diapers are akin to air freshener.

MTG#10 03-15-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9504129)
Dude, you should know by now. Making it big in the music industry is less about talent and far more about image, connections, and probably most importantly, being lucky/getting that big break.

And that goes for every music genre.

Yeah I get it...its just a tragedy. And even more sad that Lil Talent is the one that helped T9 Take off...lol

Brock 03-15-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9504108)
:bravo:

Manti is a homosexual.