ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Curse of Oak Island (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280637)

mr. tegu 01-20-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10383044)
Seems like they might be dragging this thing out for the sake of the show, if I were those brothers I'd be wanting to get to the bottom of it just as fast as possible.

I am sure that is what it is. They had some paranormal investigators come visit them at their base house and also at night in the field. It was so obvious the brothers were annoyed by the whole thing. They were barely even playing along. They only got about two minutes worth of tv out of it. That was probably all that was left after they edited out all the scenes of the guys rolling their eyes at the paranormal investigators.

Easy 6 01-20-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 10383146)
I am sure that is what it is. They had some paranormal investigators come visit them at their base house and also at night in the field. It was so obvious the brothers were annoyed by the whole thing. They were barely even playing along. They only got about two minutes worth of tv out of it. That was probably all that was left after they edited out all the scenes of the guys rolling their eyes at the paranormal investigators.

What kind of paranormal investigators, mediums trying to get a sense of the islands past or something like that?

mr. tegu 01-20-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10383155)
What kind of paranormal investigators, mediums trying to get a sense of the islands past or something like that?

They had a few blurry photos to show and then they took some device out to the swamp at night that started beeping which was supposed to have meant something was trying to communicate with them. They kept saying how the island had a strange feel to it and other typical descriptors of haunted sites. I find those things interesting in general but it was pretty much nothing but a little filler in this show.

aturnis 01-20-2014 05:36 PM

More than just a little filler. I feel like this crap is all we're going to get out of the show. Seriously annoyed already.

BourbonMan 01-20-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10383322)
More than just a little filler. I feel like this crap is all we're going to get out of the show. Seriously annoyed already.

Yep..I agree...What a waste of an hour.

htismaqe 01-21-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Yeah. We started watching this show after Oak Island was featured on America Unearther, thinking it might be a similar show.

It's not.

aturnis 01-21-2014 07:42 AM

For me, this is the problem with American television. They demand 16 episodes or something close. A lot of time to fill means a lot of Bullshit.

mr. tegu 01-21-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

I meant the paranormal investigators were a little filler. The whole show was made up of many little fillers of different types, which mostly none of which had really any substance. But I agree, they better make next weeks episode more like the first two, and not this most recent one.

mr. tegu 01-21-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10384495)
Yeah. We started watching this show after Oak Island was featured on America Unearther, thinking it might be a similar show.

It's not.

I have only ever seen that show on H2. Is it on the regular History channel?

lcarus 01-21-2014 09:44 AM

I hope nobody is expecting these clowns to find anything out there. Because they won't.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-21-2014 09:52 AM

I couldn't get in to it. I got thrown a curve ball by Hit and Miss

aturnis 01-21-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10384604)
I hope nobody is expecting these clowns to find anything out there. Because they won't.

If you're saying they won't overcome the difficulties in getting to the bottom on the pit, I agree. If you're saying there is nothing down there, or that someone already got to it, I think you're silly.

lcarus 01-21-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10385323)
If you're saying they won't overcome the difficulties in getting to the bottom on the pit, I agree. If you're saying there is nothing down there, or that someone already got to it, I think you're silly.

There might be something down there. I don't think it's 100% definite though.

aturnis 01-21-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10385402)
There might be something down there. I don't think it's 100% definite though.

Then what would your explanation of the whole thing be?

lcarus 01-21-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10385407)
Then what would your explanation of the whole thing be?

There's a sinkhole with nothing in it.