ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Archie Bunker 03-23-2011 10:50 PM

The New Orleans Saints select Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

Rams Fan 03-23-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 7512990)
The New Orleans Saints select Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

Nice pick. How will he get any carries in that backfield, though? Someone would have to go down for that to happen.

Archie Bunker 03-23-2011 10:57 PM

That wraps up my Saints draft, glad they gutted me out of all the fun rounds.

1. Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
2. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
3. Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
3. Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
7. Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse

Great year out of all the owners this year. I believe this has turned into a well oiled machine.

Well done guys.

Archie Bunker 03-23-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7512995)
Nice pick. How will he get any carries in that backfield, though? Someone would have to go down for that to happen.

I didn't really see anyone out there that was going to come in and solve a need so I went with the highest ranked guy still on my board. Figure he could show up and make Julius Jones expendable.

RealSNR 03-23-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7512952)
That's it for the Ravens, and for me as a whole.

1. DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin
2. OT Joseph Barksdale, LSU
3. WR Niles Paul, Nebraska
4. CB Shareece Wright, USC
6. WR Dwayne Harris, East Carolina
7. CB Kevin Rutland, Missouri

And with that, my hat goes off to ChiefsCountry and 'Hamas,' continuing the tradition of having one of the best 7-round community mocks on the internet go by smoothly and quickly.

I also hate so many of you owners for plucking players I wanted 2-3 picks before my turn.

Edit: This is the 1,000th post in the thread.

The draft board says you still have a pick to go? #24

Lono 03-24-2011 07:42 AM

End of the Draft for the Broncos.
1. DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
2. Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
2. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
3. Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
6. Justin Boren, G, Ohio State

All in all not a bad first mock for me. Thanks for letting me in.

Lono 03-24-2011 07:46 AM

Jaguars are also done.
1. Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
2. DeAndre Mcdaniel, FS, Clemson
3. Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
4. Terrence Tolliver, WR, LSU
4. Stephen Schilling, G, Michigan
5. Taylor Potts, QB, Texas Tech
6. Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford

doomy3 03-24-2011 08:09 AM

The Eagles will take their second CB, and third defensive back in this draft. Their secondary was terrible last year. This is a kid from a local school who could just be a player in the NFL. Good speed, and nice production at NWMSU.

The Eagles select Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State University

doomy3 03-24-2011 08:16 AM

49ers draft is done:

1. Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama
2. Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
3. Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
4a. Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
4b. Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
5. Marcus Gilchrist, S, Clemson
6a. Stanley Havili, FB, USC
6b. Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock
7a. Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia
7b. Chykie Brown, CB, Texas

Overall, I am very pleased with this draft. Ideally, I would have had either Peterson or Miller fall to the #7 pick, and then a lot of the picks would have fallen differently, but I addressed a lot of needs, and feel I got some good late round value. Wish I could have gotten a QB earlier, but just didn't work out. If I'm SF, I'm sending a 2012 pick to the Eagles for Kolb, drafting Stanzi, and going from there.

doomy3 03-24-2011 08:21 AM

Eagles draft is also done:

1. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
2. Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
3. Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
4a. RaShad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
4b. Jason Pinkston, OG, Pittsburgh
5a. Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona
5b. Jordan Todman, RB, UCONN
6. Eric Gordon, OLB, Michigan State
7. Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State University

Again, feel like I filled a lot of needs. The Eagles 2 biggest need areas are their offensive and defensive lines, and their secondary. Their offensive line is much better with the additions of Carimi and Pinkston, and we added a couple corners and a safety. Plus, grabbing Phil Taylor to plug the middle in the second was something I didn't anticipate. I wish I could have done a little more to help out their LB corps, but the board just never really fell right for that. I'm pleased with this draft too.

Rams Fan 03-24-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 7513018)
I didn't really see anyone out there that was going to come in and solve a need so I went with the highest ranked guy still on my board. Figure he could show up and make Julius Jones expendable.

Jones was only there because Ivory and Thomas were hurt. Would be interesting to see if Ivory can have a year like he had in 2010, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-24-2011 01:21 PM

Bengals Draft:

1. Patrick Peterson
2. Christian Ponder
3. Greg Jones
4. Greg Romeus
5. Greg Salas
6. Kris O'Dowd
7. Jaiquawn Jarrett

I'm pretty excited with this draft. Although the Bengals still have a hole at DT, the board never matched up to the talent, save for the first pick. I was a little hesitant to spend it on either Dareus or Fairley, and decided to pick the surest thing. I also think Peterson gives the Bengals flexibility to guard the 3 WR formations that the Steelers and Ravens run out, and if necessary, Leon Hall could move to free safety, or moved to a team in need of a top level corner.

Ponder is a great fit for the WCO, Jones should make the Bengals' LB corps one of the better units in the league, and Romeus could anchor one of the starting end spots. He's a huge upside pick with a definitive injury risk, but he played like a first rounder at Pitt.

Salas is a WCO possession type guy who I think a lot of people are underrating due to their preoccupation with Austin Pettis. O'Dowd helps to fill out the center spot, which has an uncertain future in Cincy, and Jarrett could replace Roy Williams, or at the very least, serve as a valuable STer/backup.

This team has a ton of needs, and I would have liked to have added a banger at RB and a 3 technique, but you can't fill every hole for a team this bad in one draft.

I also added the following players for OTW:

Chargers:

6. Jeremy Beal

Jets:

6. Ronald Johnson
7. Scott Lutrus

I don't know how Beal and Johnson fell that far, but I think they can stick on a roster and become productive role players. Lutrus is probably a backup/STer, but you often get great value out of late round LBers.

Sfeihc 03-24-2011 05:01 PM

per Jason LaCanfora and the NFL Network a complete draft order including comp picks should be released early next week. Is anyone interested in shuffling the deck and doing this again? It sure beats the lockout garbage.

RealSNR 03-24-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7514444)
per Jason LaCanfora and the NFL Network a complete draft order including comp picks should be released early next week. Is anyone interested in shuffling the deck and doing this again? It sure beats the lockout garbage.

I've already fought that battle with limited success. Perhaps folks would be interested in starting fresh from the 3rd round

Direckshun 03-24-2011 08:52 PM

I'm good for a redraft. Hell we can start this shit all over for all I care. :D

I love mocking.