ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

BigBeauford 01-29-2013 06:54 PM

Has anyone seen the latest from Bill Williamson about how he is now talking about whether or not the Raiders should take Smith? It's just assinine how little faith he has in Geno, and doesn't even think the Raiders should take him. He's a ****ing bum, and really wish he wasn't the AFC West beat writer.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9362873)
You guys put way too much into mock drafts when it's only January.

Actually, the only reason we even look at mock drafts is because we have to continuously hear "Nobody thinks Geno is worth the #1 pick".

There's about 100 mock drafts out there that have him going #1 overall, so it's a good way to try and get them to shut up.

B14ckmon 01-29-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9362880)
Go to a dead Jagoff board if you don't like discussion.

Don't be a little bitch. No one said they don't like discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362942)
Actually, the only reason we even look at mock drafts is because we have to continuously hear "Nobody thinks Geno is worth the #1 pick".

There's about 100 mock drafts out there that have him going #1 overall, so it's a good way to try and get them to shut up.

Nothing short of Chiefs saying it, or actually doing it, will shut anyone up. Because you do not know definitively that they will take Geno, no matter how obvious it seems.

O.city 01-29-2013 06:59 PM

htis, I know what was being said, but it seems the tide is somewhat turning. People on CP complain and get pissed at Genoites etc, when in fact it's that the so called Geno Ballwashers have had to take a barrage of bullshit for the past 3 months.

I wonder what alot of them will say if the Chiefs do draft Geno?

WildTurkey 01-29-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9362957)
htis, I know what was being said, but it seems the tide is somewhat turning. People on CP complain and get pissed at Genoites etc, when in fact it's that the so called Geno Ballwashers have had to take a barrage of bullshit for the past 3 months.

They'll jump on the bandwagon eventually. I think it will be tough to watch Geno play for your team and not like him, he's that damn good.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9362954)
Nothing short of Chiefs saying it, or actually doing it, will shut anyone up. Because you do not know definitively that they will take Geno, no matter how obvious it seems.

Even then, they won't shut up. It's gonna be 2-3 years of "Geno is a bust" talk.

That has more to do with the fact that their idiots, though.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9362957)

Dude, some of the Facebook ****heads have built up such a facade that it's gonna take a couple of years to tear it all down.

And then there's guys like Bob that will just never admit they were wrong. They'll go to their grave thinking we should have drafted Joeckel.

NJChiefsFan 01-29-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9362790)
I took it as the combo of jackyll and Wilson are also in the mix for number one
Posted via Mobile Device

That is how I took it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9362873)
You guys put way too much into mock drafts when it's only January.

And you put way too much into our reactions. We are trying to enjoy something after 4 horrible years(that didn't exactly precede great success) that also allowed for a murder suicide and other fun things this season. Sorry for doing it in your face, aka on a Chiefs board IN a thread about drafting Geno Smith.

hometeam 01-29-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

So, let me ask you this. As a simple yes or no answer, do you think either; the Chiefs, at any pick, or, any team, at the #1 pick, will draft Geno Smith?

O.city 01-29-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362986)
Dude, some of the Facebook ****heads have built up such a facade that it's gonna take a couple of years to tear it all down.

And then there's guys like Bob that will just never admit they were wrong. They'll go to their grave thinking we should have drafted Joeckel.

Couple years? You think even if they take Smith they won't like it?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

What? You are the one in here crying about us talking about mocks in a Geno thread ROFL Go comb Blaine's dreamy locks and dream of a half full, dull stadium.

Chiefnj2 01-29-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362018)
He had a bad game.

Big whoop.

Even the great Andrew Luck had a few bad games in college.

Yes, he had a bad game. Some people keep selectively using stats from that game to say he played well. He didn't

aturnis 01-29-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362758)
Exactly.

Getting Joeckel AND Wilson is a ****ing pipe dream. You'd likely have to have 2 picks in the top 5, 1 of them in the top 5, to get both.

Obviously they think Tyler Wilson is the 4th QB off the board after Geno, Barkley and Glennon. Joke-el #1 and Wilson with our second or trade up slightly.

B14ckmon 01-29-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9362998)
So, let me ask you this. As a simple yes or no answer, do you think either; the Chiefs, at any pick, or, any team, at the #1 pick, will draft Geno Smith?

Yes. I have said numerous times in this very thread, that the Chiefs have to pick Geno, and will pick Geno.

The only reason I am on this forum is because of Geno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9363002)
What? You are the one in here crying about us talking about mocks in a Geno thread ROFL Go comb Blaine's dreamy locks and dream of a half full, dull stadium.

I was referring to the one specific WalterFootball mock. Not discussing Geno in general. And the attendance jokes stopped being funny when we stopped having attendance problems.

NJChiefsFan 01-29-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9362999)
Couple years? You think even if they take Smith they won't like it?

That is the wonderful thing about true fans. They will support the pick. It will be a very small part of the fan base that won't be 100% rooting/hoping that Smith works if we draft him. BB doesn't count. I mean that in every possible way.