ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Baby Lee 12-17-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10253672)
I watched "The Heat" last night with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
Holy shit I was in tears. Very fun movie. If you're a McCarthy fan / improved lines etc, she ****ing kills it. Bullock plays a very good straight counterpart.

Very enjoyable. Sit down for a silly movie for some laughs, and you'll be entertained. If you're not.....then you've probably got crabs.

I actually enjoyed McCarthy more in the few minutes she had in This is 40. That scene with principal MADE that movie in a most unexpected way.

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 11:12 PM

Just watched Blackfish. Seriously, seriously wish I hadn't..

NewChief 12-18-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10292495)
Just watched Blackfish. Seriously, seriously wish I hadn't..

Yeah. Kind of takes the enjoyment out of watching orcas doesn't it? Very well done though.

ThaVirus 12-18-2013 11:22 PM

They're some of my favorite animals. It really just pissed me off and made me very sad.

Reminded me of how I felt after watching The Cove.

NewChief 12-18-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10292525)
They're some of my favorite animals. It really just pissed me off and made me very sad.

Reminded me of how I felt after watching The Cove.

I haven't watched the cove for that very reason, even though I read everything I could find about it.

Easy 6 12-19-2013 10:40 AM

Blackfish was quite the eye opener eh? Seems like its time to do away with keeping them in captivity altogether, its just too hard on them, plain old unnatural for an animal that size.

They get physical deformities, many develop aggressive personalities, it just isn't right to keep them like that... how about the footage of that male trainer being toyed with for like 30-45 minutes? talk about hair raising, his composure was amazing, i'd have been freaking the hell out.

I did however find a bit of macabe humor in the story of the drunk who snuck in after hours and decided to take a swim with them... what and idiot.

ThaVirus 12-19-2013 10:58 AM

Yeah, they seem especially smart.

I liked the bits on the extra part of their brain- the paralimbic system or what have you- that's linked to emotion and how, when being corralled, the adults lure the boats away while the mothers take the children in a different direction. They're likely even more intelligent than we can imagine.

I also wonder what causes the dorsal collapse. You'd think they'd be able to determine the cause after all these years of research.

Easy 6 12-19-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10293423)
Yeah, they seem especially smart.

I liked the bits on the extra part of their brain- the paralimbic system or what have you- that's linked to emotion and how, when being corralled, the adults lure the boats away while the mothers take the children in a different direction. They're likely even more intelligent than we can imagine.

I also wonder what causes the dorsal collapse. You'd think they'd be able to determine the cause after all these years of research.

As big as a whales brain is its not surprising how smart they, it would be so cool if someone could come up with some kind of rudimentary way to communicate with them.

If i had to take a wild guess at the fin thing, i would compare it to muscle atrophy in people, in the open ocean those things are under the constant strain of ocean forces, being "exercised" if you will, but in those still pools they aren't and so they just kinda wither away like the legs of someone in a wheelchair... that's my stab at it anyway.

Pepe Silvia 12-20-2013 09:35 PM

I watched Lovelace, it was really good. Amanda Seyfried, just wow. :drool:

KcMizzou 12-20-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10293346)
Blackfish was quite the eye opener eh? Seems like its time to do away with keeping them in captivity altogether, its just too hard on them, plain old unnatural for an animal that size.

They get physical deformities, many develop aggressive personalities, it just isn't right to keep them like that... how about the footage of that male trainer being toyed with for like 30-45 minutes? talk about hair raising, his composure was amazing, i'd have been freaking the hell out.

I did however find a bit of macabe humor in the story of the drunk who snuck in after hours and decided to take a swim with them... what and idiot.

And Tilikum parading his corpse on his back the next morning, like he was a trainer.

Yeah, after watching Blackfish, I have no desire to ever visit Sea World.

KcMizzou 12-20-2013 10:12 PM

Not a movie, but if you're into documentaries... travel channel type stuff...

Check out Stephen Fry in America. He's british. Visits all 50 states.

Six one hour episodes. It's good.

rocknrolla 12-22-2013 01:36 AM

Just caught Natural Born Killers. Haven't seen it in about 10 years, What a great movie. That sound track is one of the best ever, I gotta find that CD again, or buy it.

Easy 6 12-22-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 10300206)
Just caught Natural Born Killers. Haven't seen it in about 10 years, What a great movie. That sound track is one of the best ever, I gotta find that CD again, or buy it.

OUTSIDE OF SOCIETAY!

-King- 12-22-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10213119)
I don't know how in the hell there is not a thread about this movie or at least a post. I've done a search with both the google engine and CP and found nothing. Maybe I am just searching wrong but thought for sure I would easily find something with my first search.

It has been over 8 hours since I finished this movie and I am still rattled by it. It is easily the most intense and disturbing movie I feel I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it yet you absolutely NEED too.

Prisoners with Jackman and Gyllenhaal is just outstanding.

I'm not going to go any further with this because I don't want to give ANYTHING away. Just see it!!!

I really liked it. Great acting all around.

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 12-22-2013 07:13 AM

Now for something I'm TOTALLY stoked for.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2BP38770KNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The first is my favorite 'let the Home Theater ROAR!!" Blu-Ray.