ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

DJ's left nut 04-10-2019 07:04 AM

I have no idea what to do with this guy or if he has a real fit in Buffalo, but I like him and I want to see if we can make him work from a 3-point stance.

With their final selection, the Bills select John Cominsky, DE, Charleston

He is probably better suited as a true Edge somewhere but maybe a year or 2 getting coached up makes him a handful as a strongside DE.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2019 10:35 AM

Bills draft is complete and I think it's pretty damn outstanding. Better than the Chiefs draft but that's not shocking given their position in the draft and a little more capital through the middle rounds where there's more raw value to be found.

9. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
40. Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
75. Michael Deiter, G, Wisconsin
113. Blake Cashman, LB, Minnesota
132. Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
148. Chuma Edoga, OT, USC
159. Justin Hollins, EDGE, Oregon
182. Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
227. Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn
244. John Cominsky, DE - Charleston

I think I probably went a little early on Deiter but I thought the drop from him to Powers was pretty significant. I was looking for some help for Allen who I thought could step in immediately. Deiter's a nice enough player but early 3rd was probably too early and the Bills have secondary needs as well; should've gone with David Long there. Bunting, Joe Jackson at edge, Miles Boykin or Mecole Hardman at WR would've also been solid.

Irv Smith's probably gonna cost me some points but he's just such a fascinating pick with Allen. A TE with truly dynamic downfield receiving skills was just too tantalizing to pass up; Allen needs some big catch radius guys to help with his shitty ball placement.

My 4th and 5th rounds were really HRs. Cashman, McLaurin, Edoga and Hollins are all guys who could slide into the 3rd and could all potentially go a round or more sooner than I took them.

Cominsky was just a 'my guy' who I was intrigued by heading into the combine and who's athleticism was strong enough to get him early 3rd day consideration. I'd really like to see the Chiefs gamble on him at/around 216 and wouldn't even mind taking him at 203. But he's a big-time project who may not even make the roster given the depth KC has accumulated at DE.

I don't know that this is the absolute best draft thus far in the mock, I think I remember GBs being pretty damn impressive, but I think it's pretty easily in the top 3-5. Really pleased with this one.

O.city 04-10-2019 10:38 AM

I really like Cashman. Him and TJ Edwards are Lb's that aren't highly rated but will play for 10 years and just be good players

CoMoChief 04-10-2019 11:51 AM

The San Francisco 49ers select Iman Marshall, CB, USC

The Franchise 04-10-2019 12:03 PM

Anybody can make this next pick for the Saints.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14200773)
Anybody can make this next pick for the Saints.

New Orleans selects {throws dart at list of 5 WRs who would make great picks here...}

Dillon Mitchell, WR, Oregon

TambaBerry 04-10-2019 03:45 PM

The New York Giants select Gary Jennings WR WVU

DJ's left nut 04-10-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14201233)
The New York Giants select Gary Jennings WR WVU

And that was my other favored WR on the dartboard. I almost thought about changing the pick before Pest got a chance to post it to the OP but decided it was poor form.

I had Jennings at the top of my board but didn't bother to double check. I remembered Mitchell and circled back to my dropbox later to confirm he was who I'd have taken when I saw I had him as 1b to my 1a in Jennings.

Similar guys really, but Jennings background and relative inexperience may give him a higher ceiling.

Chief Northman 04-10-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14200558)
Bills draft is complete and I think it's pretty damn outstanding. Better than the Chiefs draft but that's not shocking given their position in the draft and a little more capital through the middle rounds where there's more raw value to be found.

9. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
40. Irv Smith, TE, Alabama
75. Michael Deiter, G, Wisconsin
113. Blake Cashman, LB, Minnesota
132. Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
148. Chuma Edoga, OT, USC
159. Justin Hollins, EDGE, Oregon
182. Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
227. Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn
244. John Cominsky, DE - Charleston

I think I probably went a little early on Deiter but I thought the drop from him to Powers was pretty significant. I was looking for some help for Allen who I thought could step in immediately. Deiter's a nice enough player but early 3rd was probably too early and the Bills have secondary needs as well; should've gone with David Long there. Bunting, Joe Jackson at edge, Miles Boykin or Mecole Hardman at WR would've also been solid.

Irv Smith's probably gonna cost me some points but he's just such a fascinating pick with Allen. A TE with truly dynamic downfield receiving skills was just too tantalizing to pass up; Allen needs some big catch radius guys to help with his shitty ball placement.

My 4th and 5th rounds were really HRs. Cashman, McLaurin, Edoga and Hollins are all guys who could slide into the 3rd and could all potentially go a round or more sooner than I took them.

Cominsky was just a 'my guy' who I was intrigued by heading into the combine and who's athleticism was strong enough to get him early 3rd day consideration. I'd really like to see the Chiefs gamble on him at/around 216 and wouldn't even mind taking him at 203. But he's a big-time project who may not even make the roster given the depth KC has accumulated at DE.

I don't know that this is the absolute best draft thus far in the mock, I think I remember GBs being pretty damn impressive, but I think it's pretty easily in the top 3-5. Really pleased with this one.

This is a great haul. Huge value with McLaurin, Williams and Cominsky.

Chief Northman 04-10-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14199932)
And that ends my Colts draft.

1. Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
2. Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
2. N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St.
3. Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan
4. Armon Watts, DT, Arkansas
4. Shareef Miller, EDGE, Penn St.
5. Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin
6. Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
7. Darius Slayton, WR Auburn

Extremely happy with this draft. I had more to work with than I did with the Jets, but I really got some tremendous value.

Another impressive draft here.

kccrow 04-10-2019 09:10 PM

The New England Patriots select Cole Holcomb, ILB, North Carolina

Bill grins as he adds athleticism to his linebacking corps. He knows another Super Bowl is now within his grasp.

RealSNR 04-10-2019 10:03 PM

Yeah, this guy is old enough to potentially be named after the former #1 overall pick. With a weird different spelling. Don't we all feel a little bit older now.

The Minnesota Vikings select Keesean Johnson, WR, Fresno State

kccrow 04-11-2019 07:11 AM

The Arizona Cardinals select Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo

The Arizona Cardinals select Jordan Brailford, EDGE, Oklahoma

kccrow 04-11-2019 07:45 AM

should be Oklahoma State for Brailford.. mybad

TambaBerry 04-11-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14201254)
And that was my other favored WR on the dartboard. I almost thought about changing the pick before Pest got a chance to post it to the OP but decided it was poor form.

I had Jennings at the top of my board but didn't bother to double check. I remembered Mitchell and circled back to my dropbox later to confirm he was who I'd have taken when I saw I had him as 1b to my 1a in Jennings.

Similar guys really, but Jennings background and relative inexperience may give him a higher ceiling.

i dont know if i just think wr is super deep but i took a ton for the giants. I couldn't get away from the value that they had