ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

blaise 09-21-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7931139)
I think Breaking Bad's going to end more strongly. While the quality never dropped, The Wire started to lose me a little when it got deeper and deeper into Baltimore politics. Although the more Skyler and Ted I'm forced to suffer through, the more my opinion will change.

You know, it's getting close to time for a Wire re-watch.

I don't want to turn this into a Wire vs Breaking Bad thread, but I admit I did get bored sometimes with the Tommy Carcetti scenes. Kind of like the Tony Soprano dream sequences or some of the therapy sessions.

keg in kc 09-21-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7931162)
I don't want to turn this into a Wire vs Breaking Bad thread, but I admit I did get bored sometimes with the Tommy Carcetti scenes. Kind of like the Tony Soprano dream sequences or some of the therapy sessions.

Yeah, I would say it's better to talk about how great they both are than to try and figure out how/why one is better than the other. Two great shows, among the best of all time.

Buck 09-21-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7930998)
Idiots.

Hippie.

Silock 09-21-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7930998)
Idiots.

Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man.

Reaper16 09-21-2011 07:52 PM

Of the two shows, Breaking Bad is more enjoyable to watch, for me.

But I'll argue that The Wire is the most important artistic achievement of the last 25 years.

Silock 09-21-2011 07:58 PM

I'll be honest: I don't care at all about artistry. I get the point you're making, but for me, it doesn't matter. They are both phenomenal shows. I just find breaking bad slightly more anticipatory than the Wire.

Kyle DeLexus 09-21-2011 10:39 PM

Watched the first 3 episodes of the wire and I don't care to watch anymore. Watched the 1st episode of Breaking Bad, I'm hooked until the end.

Reaper16 09-21-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7931681)
Watched the first 3 episodes of the wire and I don't care to watch anymore. Watched the 1st episode of Breaking Bad, I'm hooked until the end.

Kill yourself.

Kyle DeLexus 09-21-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7931710)
Kill yourself.

Why's that? What was so good about the first 3 episodes that it will draw viewers in? Maybe I just had unreal expectations from hearing so many people say it was the greatest show ever and nothing could live up to them, but to me it was meh. I could probably watch it, but I'd never be into it if it stays the same.

Reaper16 09-21-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7931726)
Why's that? What was so good about the first 3 episodes that it will draw viewers in? Maybe I just had unreal expectations from hearing so many people say it was the greatest show ever and nothing could live up to them, but to me it was meh. I could probably watch it, but I'd never be into it if it stays the same.

The Wire is just such a different kind of show than everything else. It takes a while for some viewers to adjust to the pace of the show. If you watch through episodes 6 & 7 and aren't completely, fully on-board then I will be surprised.

Buck 09-21-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7931681)

Episode 5 or 6 is where I got hooked. Give it another try.

Silock 09-22-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7931752)
The Wire is just such a different kind of show than everything else. It takes a while for some viewers to adjust to the pace of the show. If you watch through episodes 6 & 7 and aren't completely, fully on-board then I will be surprised.

Yeah, the first few episodes are BAD when first start watching. But if you stick around, it gets awesome.

And then you go back and watch those first few episodes again, and your mind = blown.

NewChief 09-22-2011 05:24 AM

Just watched "Hermanos." Wow. So freaking good.

One dichotomy I'd never noticed before (even though it's glaringly obvious) is how Mike and Hank are foils. It hit me when Mike said, "If I can't dig up anything about you in Chile, then I doubt Hank can." But that's just it... Hank might be able to. Mike dismissed Hank as inferior, but Hank has the same skills as Mike. Mike also used to be a cop.

I seriously doubt Hank will ever go down that path, but Mike shows what could happen if Hank "broke bad."

Besides that... this season is all Gus. Wow. I absolutely loved the nursing home scene and flashback in the episode. Can't get much better than that.

notorious 09-22-2011 05:27 PM

It would be hilarious is Skyler got busted for tax fraud.

blaise 09-22-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7933490)
It would be hilarious is Skyler got busted for tax fraud.

Ted's going to suddenly disappear here soon.