ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Fire Me Boy! 11-18-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10201732)
I've heard this from several of my friends. Honestly, I'm not even sure what it's about, but it's getting major props by everyone I know.

It's based on a true story, about a free black man in New York who gets kidnapped and sold into slavery.

Baby Lee 11-18-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10201820)
It's based on a true story, about a free black man in New York who gets kidnapped and sold into slavery.

And his father has a particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career.

Dayze 11-18-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10201820)

:eek:

Fire Me Boy! 11-18-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10201879)
:eek:

He ended up writing the book on which the movie is based. There will be Oscars.

You can run and tell that. Homeboy.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/109...e-dodson-o.gif

Nzoner 11-18-2013 12:27 PM

Watched The Place Beyond The Pines this weekend,two thumbs way up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G07pSbHLXgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 11-18-2013 12:46 PM

that's one I want to see for sure.

Pepe Silvia 11-18-2013 06:54 PM

You have to admit it, Ryan Gosling can act.

Fairplay 11-19-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10192346)
I've been meaning to pick that one up, but i just keep getting the sense that its a bit of a stinker.

Ethan Hawke has a had a strange career, he veers from big hits like Training Day to turds like Assault on Precinct 9 or whatever it was, like no other modern actor i can think of.

I liked The Purge a lot, good storyline better then your average horror flick IMO.

DMAC 11-19-2013 01:56 PM

The Kings of Summer was pretty entertaining, though strange at times.

Seemed like very witty indie flick, then suddenly snap your fingers and we are an American Pie knock off, then snap back to witty indie.

And, of course, Ron Swanson was very funny.

Lzen 11-19-2013 03:04 PM

Going to see The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire on Friday. Can't wait.

And I can't wait until December to see The second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.

Last Friday, we saw Elysium. It wasn't bad. I like those dystopian futuristic types of books and movies so it was right up my alley.

Fire Me Boy! 11-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10205418)
Going to see The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire on Friday. Can't wait.

And I can't wait until December to see The second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.

Last Friday, we saw Elysium. It wasn't bad. I like those dystopian futuristic types of books and movies so it was right up my alley.

The wife and I will be seeing Catching Fire this weekend. We'll see The Desolation of Smaug, too, but for December I'm most looking forward to The Wolf of Wall Street.

frankotank 11-19-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191674)
My wife picked up a Kristen Wiig movie from Redbox last night called Girl Most Likely. It was pretty flat, even beyond the normal indie understatement.

In trying to sleep last night I watched Lifeguard on Netflix. Kristen Bell plays a 29-year old suffering through a crisis of meaning in her life who moves home and becomes a lifeguard. It's decent enough, and if you want to see almost all of Kristen Bell, save for nipples and her honey pot, it's got that going for it. A gender-reversed Lolita relationship and some other sexual libertinism adds a little bit of titillation. Not great, but not terrible.

Lol on nipples & honeypot.
the other night on mike and molly....mike snooped on mollys pc and she had written some erotica. Mike was feeling guilty and this guy says......the hell with that she gave you a detailed map to her protected wetlands. Bahahaha

Buehler445 11-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10205430)
The wife and I will be seeing Catching Fire this weekend. We'll see The Desolation of Smaug, too, but for December I'm most looking forward to The Wolf of Wall Street.

Dang. I had forgotten about wolf of Wall Street. Thanks for the reminder.

007 11-23-2013 07:28 AM

I don't know how in the hell there is not a thread about this movie or at least a post. I've done a search with both the google engine and CP and found nothing. Maybe I am just searching wrong but thought for sure I would easily find something with my first search.

It has been over 8 hours since I finished this movie and I am still rattled by it. It is easily the most intense and disturbing movie I feel I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it yet you absolutely NEED too.

Prisoners with Jackman and Gyllenhaal is just outstanding.

I'm not going to go any further with this because I don't want to give ANYTHING away. Just see it!!!

Lzen 11-23-2013 07:56 AM

Just saw Hunger Games 2 Catching Fire last night. It was fantastic. I really enjoyed the first movie and I think this one was even better.