ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

-King- 07-10-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9802483)
I really like that movie and thought it was pretty funny. It's unconventional for sure.

It might one of the worst 10 movies I've ever watched.

One, its literally 2 hours worth of bullshit seeing as how the main heist supposedly took place the same day they arrived in Paris.

Two, the main heist was the dumbest laziest shit ive seen in a movie in a long time. A backpack switch by using a Redsox/Yankees fan fight as a distraction? Just lazy.

Three, the Julia Roberts playing Tess playing Julia Roberts scene is unforgivable. Just terrible.

Oceans 11 is one of my favorite movies, the other two Oceans movies are pieces of shit though.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 07-10-2013 09:52 AM

Yeah, I thought Oceans 12 was awful. It was like an excuse for a bunch of stars to kiss each others asses.

Frazod 07-10-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9802906)
Yeah, I thought Oceans 12 was awful. It was like an excuse for a bunch of stars to kiss each others asses.

Aren't these all basically the equivalent of Burt Reynolds getting all his buddies together and having fun making an amusing but largely shitty movie, with Clooney in the Burt Reynolds role?

blaise 07-10-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9803042)
Aren't these all basically the equivalent of Burt Reynolds getting all his buddies together and having fun making an amusing but largely shitty movie, with Clooney in the Burt Reynolds role?

Pretty much.

Easy 6 07-10-2013 12:31 PM

yep

Rausch 07-10-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9800200)
Europa Report.

I watched this with no prior knowledge of the movie at all. Had never heard of it, even a preview. And it was ****ing awesome. I have no clue how a movie like this can be released without hearing anything about it. It was incredibly well done.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w2BfobyYOmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Storyline
An international crew of astronauts undertakes a privately funded mission to search for life on Jupiter's fourth largest moon.

Watched this last night.

Thought it was well made and well acted with little payoff at the end.

I'd recommend a netflix or movie channel viewing...

Dayze 07-10-2013 03:52 PM

taking my niece and nephew to see Despicable Me on Friday. I thought the first one was funny (I actually enjoy the 'cartoon' movies). Hopefully this one will be as good.

Fish 07-10-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9803659)
taking my niece and nephew to see Despicable Me on Friday. I thought the first one was funny (I actually enjoy the 'cartoon' movies). Hopefully this one will be as good.

Not quite as good as the first. But still a decent family film. My daughter and I enjoyed. it.

Dayze 07-10-2013 03:58 PM

cool thanks. We just sprung the movie thing on them today; they're super excited. Pizza afterwards (or maybe before, I dunno).

yeah...my wife and I are pretty cool.

PunkinDrublic 07-10-2013 08:51 PM

I saw the way way back on Saturday. It thought it was pretty funny. I'd recommend it.

DMAC 07-11-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9803681)
cool thanks. We just sprung the movie thing on them today; they're super excited. Pizza afterwards (or maybe before, I dunno).

yeah...my wife and I are pretty cool.

I like this idea. I will do the same.

Ceej 07-11-2013 04:25 PM

Watched Act of Valor on Netflix.

It was okay.

I didn't get the FP camera angle.

Doom tried it and it was dumb then.

Deberg_1990 07-11-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9803042)

No, that's called Grown Ups 1 and 2
Posted via Mobile Device

frankotank 07-12-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9806178)
No, that's called Grown Ups 1 and 2
Posted via Mobile Device

wow.
that's a humongous insult to Burts shitty films.

Grown Ups 1 and 2 will be looped over and over again in hell. :evil:

DaneMcCloud 07-12-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9800200)
Europa Report.

I watched this with no prior knowledge of the movie at all. Had never heard of it, even a preview. And it was ****ing awesome. I have no clue how a movie like this can be released without hearing anything about it. It was incredibly well done.

Storyline
An international crew of astronauts undertakes a privately funded mission to search for life on Jupiter's fourth largest moon.

It was screened at the L.A. Film Festival a few weeks back. They had trouble getting a distribution deal so they released it for a limited time on the internet. It'll show up in a few select cities in August in theaters but it won't be a wide release.

I haven't seen it but this happens frequently, even with good movies. It took 18 months for The Hurt Locker to find a distributor, and it won the Oscar that year for best picture.

It's a tough business.