ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

kcchiefsus 11-18-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8120368)
hmm, I don't remember them saying anything to that effect.

It should be obvious.

aturnis 11-18-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 8120992)
It should be obvious.

No shit. They had a ceremony. Wouldn't you do something to honor the life of a loved one? They still have coffins for people known to be dead but bodies were never recovered.

Bowser 11-18-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8120054)
This is just something I stumbled across on the net, I sure hope it's not real.

It's a major spoiler, so if you care about that kind of stuff don't look.

Have you read the graphic novels?

Gonzo 11-19-2011 09:47 PM

So, over the last 2 days I've watched every episode. Netflix then on Demand. I've been laid up with a nasty cold/sinus infection so I decided I'd watch it.
I love it so far, the main characters are interesting and the zombies are done up really well.
Hopefully this show is on for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 11-19-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8123379)
So, over the last 2 days I've watched every episode. Netflix then on Demand. I've been laid up with a nasty cold/sinus infection so I decided I'd watch it.
I love it so far, the main characters are interesting and the zombies are done up really well.
Hopefully this show is on for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

with the ratings it has, its going NOWHERE!

Sure-Oz 11-20-2011 12:00 PM

This buildup better be worth it, more zombies please and danger

chasedude 11-20-2011 01:34 PM

I'm really curious on what the "barn roundup" of the zombies are about.

My thanks to this thread since it got me started on this show.

aturnis 11-20-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8125030)
I'm really curious on what the "barn roundup" of the zombies are about.

My thanks to this thread since it got me started on this show.

It's obviously their friends, family, and neighbors. Beings Herschel the god freak thinks there will be a cure.

NewChief 11-20-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8125452)
It's obviously their friends, family, and neighbors. Beings Herschel the god freak thinks there will be a cure.

I love the absolute lack of logic in a zombie cure. These things are freaking decomposing from the moment they reanimate. Do they really thin they're going to "cure" them and return them to normal?

KcMizzou 11-20-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8125500)
I love the absolute lack of logic in a zombie cure. These things are freaking decomposing from the moment they reanimate. Do they really thin they're going to "cure" them and return them to normal?

Yeah, makes no sense to me either. You can't cure dead.

kcxiv 11-20-2011 04:30 PM

Didnt that guy at th eend of season 1 explain that they are alive but the brain never came back completely its why they are mindless. Also, the country folks would hav eno idea. I could understand them being really religious and not wanting to completely kill them, but **** that, id take em out. lol

Buck 11-20-2011 05:44 PM

The one thing I never got about Zombies is why don't they eat each other?

I mean I know they're dead, and the flesh is rotting, but it's gotta stay good for a while right?

You'd think with all those Zombies in the barn, they would have eaten the new guy everytime they threw one in there.

KC_Connection 11-20-2011 06:42 PM

I was just watching George A. Romero's Day of the Dead yesterday (which is underrated, IMO), the one where the crazy scientist is training the zombies to become docile and domesticated through a reward system (and is somewhat successful with one of them). Much in the same way that you teach and condition dogs, I guess I could see that being a possibility.

Gonzo 11-20-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8125606)
Didnt that guy at th eend of season 1 explain that they are alive but the brain never came back completely its why they are mindless. Also, the country folks would hav eno idea. I could understand them being really religious and not wanting to completely kill them, but **** that, id take em out. lol

Uhhh, no... No organ function, just brain. Heart doesn't beat, no blood circulation, etc. They're rotting away. Hence theur slow movement and reflexes. The reason why it takes so long for them to wake up is because they have to get over rigor-mortis before they can move again. That process can take anywhere from 10-24 hours. In certain climates it takes less time. IE: extreme heat and humidity.
Don't ask me how I know this. I just do. (Ok,ok I have a lab set up where I keep zombies)
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 11-20-2011 07:31 PM

Well i know they said they had working digestive systems, so something is going on there. lol