ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Reaper16 09-14-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7909012)
I wonder how big a player the cartel is in the Madrigal Electromotive Corp. My impression is that the cartel is still "middle management'.

...i wonder if any of my 401k growth funds have any holdings in Madrigal....

The cartel is competing with Madrigal, if anything. Gus is the one with ties to Madrigal, not the Cartel. The Cartel and Gus are in competition. That's why the cartel wants the recipe for the blue meth. With the same product, the cartel can crowd Gus out of his own territory.

There's something powerful behind Madrigal, it seems. The only reason that Gus hasn't been murdered himself is because of "who he is," which has to do with his mysterious ties back in Chile and possibly with Madrigal.

Deberg_1990 09-14-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7894706)
Seasons 1-3 showed up on Netflix instant the other day but I can't get any to play. Anyone else have problems?

Nice. Finally got it working on Netflix. Time to get caught up!

Zebedee DuBois 09-14-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7909119)
The cartel is competing with Madrigal, if anything. Gus is the one with ties to Madrigal, not the Cartel. The Cartel and Gus are in competition. That's why the cartel wants the recipe for the blue meth. With the same product, the cartel can crowd Gus out of his own territory.

There's something powerful behind Madrigal, it seems. The only reason that Gus hasn't been murdered himself is because of "who he is," which has to do with his mysterious ties back in Chile and possibly with Madrigal.

Interesting. My impression was that the cartel and Gus were sibling entities of the Madrigal group, but I see your take on it. That makes me all the more curious about Madrigal. Damn if this story doesn't pop your synapses.

Backwards Masking 09-15-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 7907794)
So glad I got caught up and could finally check back into this thread today. I hated Gus until he became one of the main characters in these last few episodes, and we got to see a little bit into his past. I'm starting to like him now and pull for him a little bit against the cartel. Why would he possibly give into their demands? I don't get that, surely there is going to be more to the story than just bending over for them.

The flashback really adds depth to his character, especially considering he went ahead with his plan anyway and said fuck the cartel. Pure balls.

There are so many directions this saga could go at this point, cant imagine the possibilities becoming more numerous at the end of future episodes as they are right now. What a phenomenal show.

blaise 09-15-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7911444)
The flashback really adds depth to his character, especially considering he went ahead with his plan anyway and said fuck the cartel. Pure balls.

There are so many directions this saga could go at this point, cant imagine the possibilities becoming more numerous at the end of future episodes as they are right now. What a phenomenal show.

I think one of the cops in the meeting with Hank and Gus may be feeding information to Gus, or to Mike, who in turn tells Gus.

NewChief 09-15-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7911471)
I think one of the cops in the meeting with Hank and Gus may be feeding information to Gus, or to Mike, who in turn tells Gus.

I also think that Gus must have a cartel informant in his organization due to the way they knew how Gus's shipments work. Maybe they just know from their past affiliation with him, though.

Backwards Masking 09-15-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7911496)
I also think that Gus must have a cartel informant in his organization due to the way they knew how Gus's shipments work. Maybe they just know from their past affiliation with him, though.

i thought that too, you never know though. if their own shipments to the US are becoming fewer because great meth is now available where it wasn't before, they could put two and two together pretty easily. doesn't explain how they knew what truck it was in and more specifically which container though.

Zebedee DuBois 09-15-2011 06:31 PM

I think the cartel knew the shipping distribution methods because they were previously the meth suppliers and were involved. Gus got his own meth production from his super lab and walt and no longer needed the cartel supplied meth.

which makes you wonder....why do they care about making the blue, they just need the distribution system. Or is there an unending demand for meth?

Third Eye 09-15-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7911575)
I think the cartel knew the shipping distribution methods because they were previously the meth suppliers and were involved. Gus got his own meth production from his super lab and walt and no longer needed the cartel supplied meth.

which makes you wonder....why do they care about making the blue, they just need the distribution system. Or is there an unending demand for meth?

Gus only controls the Southwest US.

rocknrolla 09-18-2011 10:11 PM

Holy F**K! Shit just got real. One of the best episodes yet. Besides Skyler and her bullshit.

keg in kc 09-18-2011 10:40 PM

Wow. That was epic.

blazzin311 09-19-2011 01:42 AM

Wow tonight's episode was fricken badass! Not that most of the episodes aren't darn good also, but this one just owned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7903278)
There is another season after this...with a bunch of episodes (16?)

I can envision a bunch of ways it could play out...there are so many threads hanging out there for Walt's world to crash. And the writers add more possibilities every week.

Also for the record I could've sworn I read an article somewhere, where Aaron Paul (Jesse in BB) mentioned something or another about how there will be two more seasons after this season. They are gonna split up those 16 episodes you mentioned into two seasons. Season 5 will be 10 episodes I think and season 6 will be 6 episodes just like the first season was only 6 episodes. Don't hold me too this, cause I can't seem to remember where I read this. In any case, you're correct. There will be 16 more episodes after this current season.

Buck 09-19-2011 03:37 AM

Holy shitballs.

Silock 09-19-2011 05:04 AM

Hahaha! Epic.

Although, what about Mike?

Buck 09-19-2011 02:22 PM

I was pretty drunk when I watched last night. I think I'll watch it again in a few minutes.