ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Fish 06-10-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9741610)
Rotten Tomatoes has it a 80 percent from critics, 78 percent from audiences. So you're in the minority. Mrs. FMB! and I actually really enjoyed it. Cute movie.

Well I guess I'm in the minority then. But it was a shitfest of shitty proportions.

Love cures zombies. Seriously. Dumbest premise I've ever heard. More dumb than sparkly vampires....

mr. tegu 06-10-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9741700)
Well I guess I'm in the minority then. But it was a shitfest of shitty proportions.

Love cures zombies. Seriously. Dumbest premise I've ever heard. More dumb than sparkly vampires....

I was mildly entertained and pretty much got what I expected out of it. Just a short fun little movie regardless of the zombie thing you mentioned.

Now, if World War Z has an element like that to the zombies, then we can get really angry.

Fire Me Boy! 06-10-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

It was a silly take on Zombie Romeo and Juliet. It wasn't supposed to be a serious take on zombies or zombie love.

Baby Lee 06-10-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

In the Epic Sloth thread, I posted an episode of a slacker buddy movie review show for their coverage of Movie 43, the first half of the episode was Warm Bodies. They snarked on it for being a 'Watcha Got' movie, as in something makes a lot of money and suits start asking 'Watcha got like . . . '

It ripped off Twilight and Romeo and Juliet [which they criticized as unnecessary, rather than simply for copying]. They were meh, but didn't think it was a disaster, maybe better than Twilight, damning with faint praise.

The Franchise 06-10-2013 03:20 PM

Well it better be a little decent because my wife bought it and we'll probably end up watching it tonight.

Pepe Silvia 06-10-2013 04:00 PM

I seen The Watch last week and it was better than i expected, it looked ****ing reeruned in the previews but I got some good laughs out of it.

AphexPhin 06-10-2013 06:26 PM

Shutter Island
easily Scorsese's worst movie. Still not an awful movie by any means but I saw the twist coming a mile away.

DaFace 06-10-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9741610)
Rotten Tomatoes has it a 80 percent from critics, 78 percent from audiences. So you're in the minority. Mrs. FMB! and I actually really enjoyed it. Cute movie.

Yeah, the wife and I watched it the other night. It's cheesy and predictable, but I didn't think it was bad.

Ceej 06-13-2013 07:53 AM

Identity Thief - actually pretty funny. Not sure how much more of that gal i could take though.

Hansel and Gretel - Just okay. Some of the kill spots were pretty entertaining.

Dark Skies - ehh, wtf?

BigBeauford 06-13-2013 08:21 AM

Hansel and Gretel reminded me a lot of The Butterfly Effect. I came into both movies with probably the lowest expectations, and walked away surprised that it wasn't a steaming pile of dog shit. H&G in particular had well done action set pieces.

Buehler445 06-14-2013 07:02 PM

Caught the Italian Job on AMC. Some aspects haven't aged all that well, but MOTHER****ER I had forgotten how good Charlize Theron looked in that movie.

Good Jesus.

She's very high on my all time favorite list.

Bump 06-21-2013 09:56 PM

Super on netflix instant watch.

Watch it now. Seriously. Pretty badass, gruesome and a little dark. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

Starring Dwight from the office, the chick from Juno and Kevin Bacon.

although some aspects were a bit unrealistic. But it was still pretty badass.

rocknrolla 06-22-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9714780)
Watched Lincoln. Unfortunately, I didn't care for it. I pretty much had no idea what they were talking about half the time. Guess I'm too stupid lol.

I finally saw it. Glad I did, learned a lot. But won't be seeing it again.

Ceej 06-29-2013 10:34 PM

I tried enjoying Jack the Giant Slayer.

It was pretty bad.

Fairplay 07-01-2013 03:57 PM

FYI- For the fans of the movie The Last of the Mohicans.

Here is a link that will interest you on FX in 2014 there will be a mini-series based on the book, I really like time period pieces especially if done well.

Whoever plays Hawkeye (Daniel Day Lewis) role has big shoes to fill to say the least. I'm looking forward to watching it.

BTW the movie has 97% on RT, I don't ever remember a movie rating that high on the site.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/las...niseries-at-fx