ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

AphexPhin 06-09-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9737616)
Do you know anything about Richard David James?

Hell yeah he rules! Glad there are some other fans of Aphex Twin on here.

How many posts do I need before I can get a customized avatar? I'm wanting to do an Aphex Twin avatar.

Baby Lee 06-09-2013 03:27 PM

Philistines

http://www.hitfix.com/news/box-offic...h-36-4-million

Demonpenz 06-09-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9738581)
Yeah, this is like the fourth time I've heard that the movie blew. I was interested for no other reason than it looked like a wholly original idea. Too bad. Maybe I'll catch it on HBO one day.

Dredd was one of my surprise movies from last year. Unexpectedly good movie, would recommend.

ever see the wire?

AphexPhin 06-09-2013 03:42 PM

watched End of Watch (its streaming on Netflix) not bad but nothing special.

7/10

Rewatched Gladiator the other day and it wasnt as good as it was when I first saw it as a teenager. I had some major problems with the ending. You mean to tell me that little shit Joaquin Phoenix can hang with ****in Maximus in a sword fight?! GTFO

Buehler445 06-09-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9739521)
watched End of Watch (its streaming on Netflix) not bad but nothing special.

7/10

Rewatched Gladiator the other day and it wasnt as good as it was when I first saw it as a teenager. I had some major problems with the ending. You mean to tell me that little shit Joaquin Phoenix can hang with ****in Maximus in a sword fight?! GTFO

Yeah, they showed him training pretty hard when he went to see Marcus Arellius right before Phoenix offed his ass. Don't forget that Maximus got stabbed between the ribs and was dying.

BigMeatballDave 06-09-2013 04:43 PM

Side Effects and The Details were pretty good.

AphexPhin 06-09-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9739593)
Yeah, they showed him training pretty hard when he went to see Marcus Arellius right before Phoenix offed his ass. Don't forget that Maximus got stabbed between the ribs and was dying.

Ah gotcha I think I missed that part where he got wounded (probably went and got a beer or something ) so that makes more sense I guess since he was losing so much blood.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-09-2013 07:17 PM

The wife and I watched The Internship today. We liked it, it was hilarious.

Fish 06-10-2013 08:20 AM

Warm Bodies. What a reeruned piece of shit. Seriously....

Pepe Silvia 06-10-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9739928)
The wife and I watched The Internship today. We liked it, it was hilarious.

I used to like Vince Vaughn but damn hes the same ****ing character in every movie hes in.

jiveturkey 06-10-2013 01:36 PM

I caught Killing Them Softly over the weekend.

I had high hopes but I found it to be pretty boring. I feel like I've seen the same movie several times in the past.

Buehler445 06-10-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9740744)

Not being a dick here, but what did you expect? It looks horrid.

Fire Me Boy! 06-10-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9740744)

Rotten Tomatoes has it a 80 percent from critics, 78 percent from audiences. So you're in the minority. Mrs. FMB! and I actually really enjoyed it. Cute movie.

patteeu 06-10-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9741447)
I caught Killing Them Softly over the weekend.

I had high hopes but I found it to be pretty boring. I feel like I've seen the same movie several times in the past.

I saw it last week. I had kind of the same reaction. Not that great. But it was an adequate movie for a rental, as far as I'm concerned.

I also saw Get the Gringo with Mel Gibson last night. Bump reviewed it earlier in the thread and gave it a "meh". I liked it quite a bit more than that. It has better action and story than Killing Them Softly. I won't say it was "great", but I'll give it a "good". If I had seen it in a theater, I wouldn't have felt ripped off.

patteeu 06-10-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9741610)
Rotten Tomatoes has it a 80 percent from critics, 78 percent from audiences. So you're in the minority. Mrs. FMB! and I actually really enjoyed it. Cute movie.

I'm glad to hear it because my daughter made me put it at the top of our Netflix queue.