ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

AphexPhin 06-07-2013 05:16 PM

Whatever you do dont go see The Purge in theaters. At least wait until its a rental or on Netflix.

Not worth seeing in theaters. It was pretty bad.

AphexPhin 06-07-2013 05:17 PM

Whatever you do dont go see The Purge in theaters. At least wait until its a rental or on Netflix.

Fire Me Boy! 06-07-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9736677)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9736680)

Why did you see it twice?

Chiefs Pantalones 06-07-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

What didn't you like about it? Just curious, my wife and I were thinking about seeing that or the internship this weekend.

Pepe Silvia 06-07-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9736677)

That sucks. It looked really original.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-07-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9733376)
True Romance is one of my favs. Pinchot was awesome in that. He was pretty funny as Serge in Beverly Hills Cop too.

Saul Rubinek's meltdown when he finds out he's been sold out is the Chiefs Planet myth of Dane's fire breathing Hollywood Persona on celluloid.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-07-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9648762)
Yeah, the Pitt part was more about that being the role where he went from 'meh, Hwood pretty boy' [90% Thelma and Louise's toy] to 'hey, I dig this guy.'

You guys wanna smoke a bowl?

[cocks shotgun]

Oh.

Baby Lee 06-08-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9737373)
Saul Rubinek's meltdown when he finds out he's been sold out is the Chiefs Planet myth of Dane's fire breathing Hollywood Persona on celluloid.

Great, as if Dane himself wasn't enough to deal with, now I'll picture him as a roly-poly garden gnome.

Pepe Silvia 06-08-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9737373)

His expression when he said "You stabbed me in the heart" was kick ass, I have to admit he made it really convincing that he had just been stabbed in the heart.

AphexPhin 06-08-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9737162)
What didn't you like about it? Just curious, my wife and I were thinking about seeing that or the internship this weekend.

Well the premise was even dumber than I thought. I thought it'd be some cheap entertainment but it turned out to be really stupid. The family made so many dumb choices (especially the little kid).

If I were you, I'd just wait til its streaming on Netflix.

Simply Red 06-08-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9737577)
Well the premise was even dumber than I thought. I thought it'd be some cheap entertainment but it turned out to be really stupid. The family made so many dumb choices (especially the little kid).

If I were you, I'd just wait til its streaming on Netflix.

Do you know anything about Richard David James?

Simply Red 06-08-2013 09:34 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uPU4DJG4phg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megbert 06-08-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 9726441)
Finally got around to Dredd and was just a great fun flick and a awesome performance from Urban

I agree liked that it was basically a stripped down 'cop movie' wherein there wasn't a crap ton of CGI action. And it wasn't a 'big' movie either just Dredd his partner and the bad guys locked in a big ass building blowing crap up.

Bowser 06-08-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9737378)
You guys wanna smoke a bowl?

[cocks shotgun]

Oh.

"Get some beer! And some cleaning products....."

Bowser 06-08-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, this is like the fourth time I've heard that the movie blew. I was interested for no other reason than it looked like a wholly original idea. Too bad. Maybe I'll catch it on HBO one day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZORChiefFan (Post 9738572)
I agree liked that it was basically a stripped down 'cop movie' wherein there wasn't a crap ton of CGI action. And it wasn't a 'big' movie either just Dredd his partner and the bad guys locked in a big ass building blowing crap up.

Dredd was one of my surprise movies from last year. Unexpectedly good movie, would recommend.