ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

AphexPhin 05-28-2013 08:15 AM

^^^
you must have really bad taste in movies cause this was an amazing little film. Ryan Gosling has never been better and the first act was PERFECT

Maybe you should stick to Transformers or Fast & Furious films cause The Place Beyond the Pines flew way above your head.

DaKCMan AP 05-28-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9713751)
^^^
you must have really bad taste in movies cause this was an amazing little film. Ryan Gosling has never been better and the first act was PERFECT

Maybe you should stick to Transformers or Fast & Furious films cause The Place Beyond the Pines flew way above your head.

I don't watch any of that crap. Get over yourself you pathetic twat. Pines was boring. It was way too long. The plot plodded along slowly with unnecessary dramatic landscape shots and empty dialogue. Just because your Dali-esque melting brain requires a movie to move at a tortoise pace for you to be able to follow along doesn't mean it's quality.

Next you'll be raving about the subtle comedic charm and vast thematic exploration of Gigli. :spock:

underEJ 05-28-2013 11:00 AM

This weekend I eschewed the typical holiday weekend beginning of summer fare and went for the little movie. I saw Frances Ha. Now generally I am not a huge fan of stories by or about the "true New Yorker." I find that Woody Allen sensibility lazy if you aren't Woody Allen, and even if you are Woody Allen about half the time. Somehow this was able to elevate itself above that derivative space to something pleasant. I liked the characters alot, and the performances were quite good, so anywhere it started to devolve into the typical, for instance the typical New York dinner party scene, Frances would do or say something surprising to bring back the charm.

It was a light hearted comedy with a vintage feel like something I might have seen at the Tivoli at its old location on Westport Road before moving into the Tivoli.

Now I will see the F&F6!

Easy 6 05-28-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9710029)
Speaking of Rob Zombie, he says he's done making horror movies. His next movie is going to be a sports movie about the 1970s era Philadelphia Flyers teams known as the Broadstreet Bullies.

Interesting, sports seems a strange direction for a guy like him to go in.

But its a smart move if he doesnt want to be pigeonholed as strictly a horror guy.

Fire Me Boy! 05-28-2013 03:53 PM

The original Wicker Man is available for Prime members on Amazon Instant. Watching that shit tonight!

In58men 05-28-2013 03:56 PM

Watched Lincoln. Unfortunately, I didn't care for it. I pretty much had no idea what they were talking about half the time. Guess I'm too stupid lol.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-28-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9714780)
Watched Lincoln. Unfortunately, I didn't care for it. I pretty much had no idea what they were talking about half the time. Guess I'm too stupid lol.

I was really excited for it, and found it flat and boring. I actually enjoyed the tv mini-doc 'Killing Lincoln" better

PunkinDrublic 05-28-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9714780)

Not enough transformers huh.

In58men 05-28-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9715594)
Not enough transformers huh.

I was expecting zombies, but transformers would have been a nice touch.

AphexPhin 05-29-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9713761)
I don't watch any of that crap. Get over yourself you pathetic twat. Pines was boring. It was way too long. The plot plodded along slowly with unnecessary dramatic landscape shots and empty dialogue. Just because your Dali-esque melting brain requires a movie to move at a tortoise pace for you to be able to follow along doesn't mean it's quality.

Next you'll be raving about the subtle comedic charm and vast thematic exploration of Gigli. :spock:

lol the butthurt is strong with this one.:LOL:
Seriously though, Pines was great. And it has a 82% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes so obviously you are the one thats in the wrong here. You might have a case of ADHD if you thought it was too long(which it wasnt) or too boring(which it definitely wasnt). The chase scene featuring Gosling was the most intense thing I've seen this year and then there was the tense scene in the woods. You obviously dont know what you're talking about.
Now go watch Showgirls

blaise 05-29-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9716111)
lol the butthurt is strong with this one.:LOL:
Seriously though, Pines was great. And it has a 82% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes so obviously you are the one thats in the wrong here. You might have a case of ADHD if you thought it was too long(which it wasnt) or too boring(which it definitely wasnt). The chase scene featuring Gosling was the most intense thing I've seen this year and then there was the tense scene in the woods. You obviously dont know what you're talking about.
Now go watch Showgirls

You sort of seem like a jackass.

No offense.

DeepPurple 05-29-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9716111)
...Seriously though, Pines was great. And it has a 82% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes so obviously you are the one thats in the wrong here...

I haven't seen Pines yet because I always wait for the DVD. I get the impression that the style and pace is like 'The Assassination of Jesse James by Robert Ford' which I very much liked and bought the DVD. Is it something like that?

AphexPhin 05-30-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 9717173)
I haven't seen Pines yet because I always wait for the DVD. I get the impression that the style and pace is like 'The Assassination of Jesse James by Robert Ford' which I very much liked and bought the DVD. Is it something like that?

Not at all. Have you seen Blue Valentine? Its from that director. And its REALLY good.

I'm not sure what film I would really compare it to. But yeah, when it comes out on dvd , definitely give it a watch.

nstygma 05-30-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9718410)
Not at all. Have you seen Blue Valentine?

what i remember most from that movie, isn't the movie itself, but the story around that "unknown" demo song they used and the hunt for the artist: Penny and the Quarters

Micjones 06-02-2013 01:00 PM

I rather enjoyed "Now You See Me."