ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Fire Me Boy! 05-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9697862)

What is this?

Hammock Parties 05-21-2013 05:32 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/...merican-hustle

Quote:

David O Russell's forthcoming conman drama about the FBI's late-1970s Abscam sting operation finally appears to have a title. Having previously been reported under the name American Bullshit, the film now has the rather more marketable American Hustle for a moniker.

The title was revealed by the usually reliable US website Box Office Mojo, which tracks the financial success of movies. American Hustle reunites many of the key cast members of Russell's Oscar-winning comedy drama Silver Linings Playbook, including Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Russell and Robert De Niro. They will be joined by Christian Bale and Amy Adams from his film The Fighter, as well as Russell debutants Jeremy Renner, Jack Huston, Louis CK and Michael Pena.

Fire Me Boy! 05-24-2013 08:02 PM

V/H/S ****ing sucked. What a terrible movie.

Buehler445 05-24-2013 09:49 PM

FINALLY caught Watchmen. I'm not at all familiar with the comics, but I thought it was really well done. And some of the fight scenes...wow. Just wow.

Easy 6 05-25-2013 12:50 PM

Whatever you do, dont waste a dime or your time on the new Texas Chainsaw, what an awful piece of crap it is... rented it last night and pulled it out about 45 minutes in.

Dumb, dumb, dumb... none of the originals style or creepiness.

On the other hand, The Killer Inside Me with Casey Affleck is GREAT, he nails his role as a corrupt cop in a small Texas town in the 50's... worth every penny, the ending is a bit out there, but its still great.

Ceej 05-25-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9708703)
Whatever you do, dont waste a dime or your time on the new Texas Chainsaw, what an awful piece of crap it is... rented it last night and pulled it out about 45 minutes in.

Dumb, dumb, dumb... none of the originals style or creepiness.

On the other hand, The Killer Inside Me with Casey Affleck is GREAT, he nails his role as a corrupt cop in a small Texas town in the 50's... worth every penny, the ending is a bit out there, but its still great.

LMAO

My girlfriend surprisingly rented it for us to watch one night this past week.

All sorts of Barkeley turrrrrrible.

Backwards Masking 05-25-2013 05:16 PM

I tried watching Benjamin Button the other day, I couldn't finish it. What a long depressing, wanna be artsy boring go nowhere piece of shit. Talk about a movie that makes you think will lead to something, and just doesn't. And the main twist of the story (him again backwards) HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. Hour and fifty minutes of my life I'll never get back. And I had 40 more to go....no thanks.

Easy 6 05-25-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9709032)
LMAO

My girlfriend surprisingly rented it for us to watch one night this past week.

All sorts of Barkeley turrrrrrible.

They should've just given it to Rob Zombie, it might've actually been good then.

patteeu 05-26-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9709811)
They should've just given it to Rob Zombie, it might've actually been good then.

Speaking of Rob Zombie, he says he's done making horror movies. His next movie is going to be a sports movie about the 1970s era Philadelphia Flyers teams known as the Broadstreet Bullies.

ThaVirus 05-26-2013 11:02 AM

I also watched the new Texas Chainsaw a couple nights ago. Outside of the ridiculous amounts of up-close shots of the whore's ass, that shit was ****ing horrendous. I wouldn't subject a captured terrorist to that shit..

KCUnited 05-26-2013 09:55 PM

I watched Little Birds tonight, not out of any real interest in the story, but I had to see the result of former Wrecking Crew front man, FSU pioneer, and Boston Beatdown star directing a teen girl coming of age movie. Can't recommend.

KCUnited 05-27-2013 08:17 AM

I also watched Caught Inside yesterday on Netflix Instant. Decent throwaway movie for a lazy afternoon about self destruction within a group on vacation. I appreciated Ben Oxenbould's effort in the movie.

AphexPhin 05-28-2013 01:43 AM

Has anyone seen The Place Beyond the Pines? If not, definitely see it. Amazing film with great performances from everyone.

9/10

I've seen it twice already and plan on buying it on dvd when it comes out.

AphexPhin 05-28-2013 01:58 AM

Has anyone seen The Place Beyond the Pines? If not, definitely see it. Amazing film with great performances from everyone.

9/10

DaKCMan AP 05-28-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9713608)

9/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9713611)

9/10

I thought it was terrible.

I thought it was terrible.