ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 03-14-2012 01:39 PM

I believe in an even balance of income.

No big deal.

Advertisers spend more on CBB than they do on CFB.

I don't make the rules.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452898)
I believe in an even balance of income.

You're welcome.

Love,

Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8452957)
You're welcome.

Love,

Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding. If none of those schools had left, it would be foolish to think the Big XII would have made any moves towards equal revenue sharing.

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452961)
No kidding. If none of those schools had left, it would be foolish to think the Big XII would have made any moves towards equal revenue sharing.

Missouri really pushed Texas to share more revenue. The other teams should really be thanking Missouri instead of exhibiting so much bitterness.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8452965)
Missouri really pushed Texas to share more revenue. The other teams should really be thanking Missouri instead of exhibiting so much bitterness.

I would agree, Mizzou pushed harder than the others. Nebraska and CU left because they just did not want to be here anymore. I think Mizzou wanted to stay, but just could not buy into Texas staying. If Texas/OU had not openly flirted with the Pac-12 the day after everyone committed to the conference, I think Mizzou stays. Once that happened, Mizzou was not willing to believe anything coming out of Austin.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8452965)

I don't think it's bitterness - I think it's just the mutual hate that both sides have displayed for years.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8453006)
I would agree, Mizzou pushed harder than the others. Nebraska and CU left because they just did not want to be here anymore. I think Mizzou wanted to stay, but just could not buy into Texas staying. If Texas/OU had not openly flirted with the Pac-12 the day after everyone committed to the conference, I think Mizzou stays. Once that happened, Mizzou was not willing to believe anything coming out of Austin.

Wait....is "the day after" the same day that MU wouldn't fully commit to the Big 12?

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453014)
I don't think it's bitterness - I think it's just the mutual hate that both sides have displayed for years.

Listen to Keitzman (or any of his callers) for five seconds; it is clearly bitterness.

Bambi 03-14-2012 02:15 PM

Thanks MU! Good luck!

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8453037)
Listen to Keitzman (or any of his callers) for five seconds; it is clearly bitterness.

Fair enough. I don't listen, nor obviously participate in any of those radio shows.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453022)
Wait....is "the day after" the same day that MU wouldn't fully commit to the Big 12?

No, that was later. Mizzou was still a proud member of the Big XII conference.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8453064)
No, that was later. Mizzou was still a proud member of the Big XII conference.

If I remember correctly, and I very well may not be..... Once A&M left, MU never would commit to the Big 12 even after all the schools, including Texas & Oklahoma, signed over TV rights.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453077)
If I remember correctly, and I very well may not be..... Once A&M left, MU never would commit to the Big 12 even after all the schools, including Texas & Oklahoma, signed over TV rights.

I think you're right. The writing was on the wall and Mizzou actually wanted to he honest with the other schools. Not do a fake ass commitment then go try to make a deal with the Pac the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453077)

The Big XII had a meeting. Everyone agreed that they wanted to keep the conference together (except for A & M, they were on the verge of their SEC announcement). The next day, the headline was not "Big XII Solidarity"...it was "Texas and OU are in negotiations with the Pac-12". This was before the signing over of TV rights was considered a possibility.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8453089)
I think you're right. The writing was on the wall and Mizzou actually wanted to he honest with the other schools. Not do a fake ass commitment then go try to make a deal with the Pac the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

It could be I suppose. Gary Pinkel explained it in a KK interview after it was all said and done. Wonder if it is still floating around on the 810 website.