ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach prioritizing re-signing Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352215)

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 17409152)
Veach wouldn't be able to drag a tag and trade scenario out, they'd need that money free to use on their free agent targets. It's not a scenario for maximizing trade value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17409161)
I don't think there's any way someone offers that much.

There are a lot of teams that would match, but it also is a really good CB draft.

The Rams at 19, the Eagles at 22, the Packers at 25, and the Lions at 29 would all be fits.

I'd shudder at sending him to the Packers, though, because I think there would be a good chance you see Sneed on the opposite sideline in New Orleans.

If you could get 29 from the Lions, that would be pretty stellar.

There isn't much track record for trading a CB, though.

Marcus Peters is an instance that comes to mind where this played out, and in the moment I think we all thought he was worth more than they fetched. Didn’t really turn out to be true, though.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2024 07:37 PM

Unless they don’t trust the knee, I’d just really prefer we keep Sneed.

I don’t think it’s gonna take a market setting deal by any means. Verderame said he spoke with a few agents and they projected his market value at 45/3. I’d give him 54/3 and not even think twice.

Tribal Warfare 02-18-2024 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 17409128)
If the Bears call and offer pick # 9 for Sneed you doing it? Go get Malik Nabers to pair with Rashee Rice and Kelce. Draft a Sneed replacement with pick #32 (TJ Tampa).

Joe Alt, 32)Troy Franklin, 3rd round Malachi Corley.

ForeverIowan 02-18-2024 07:43 PM

Ramsey went from the Jags to Rams in 2019 for two firsts and and a fourth. Ramsey I believe was 25 years old at the time of the trade. I know Sneed isnt prime Ramsey but just a general historical comparison of what a top corner in the league in his prime fetched.

tredadda 02-18-2024 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 17409177)
Ramsey went from the Jags to Rams in 2019 for two firsts and and a fourth. Ramsey I believe was 25 years old at the time of the trade. I know Sneed isnt prime Ramsey but just a general historical comparison of what a top corner in the league in his prime fetched.

To get that kind of haul for Sneed would be beyond amazing. Just need a GM like Snead who had a “F them picks” mentality.

DJ's left nut 02-18-2024 08:06 PM

Quote:

If the Bears call and offer pick # 9 for Sneed you doing it? Go get Malik Nabers to pair with Rashee Rice and Kelce. Draft a Sneed replacement with pick #32 (TJ Tampa).

Of course you would.

And nobody will offer that.

I think you could probably get a top 50 pick for him and maybe a little change; which actually would have some value for us since we don't have picks in the 6th or 7th.

But I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't do it. Say pick 45 and a 6th, for instance - I love the idea of the cap flexibility and maybe it's the strictly rational thing to do. But this defense was just so damn good. And it was good even in that stretch mid-season when Jones wasn't doing much.

He's just so damn crucial to what we do defensively.

O.city 02-18-2024 08:10 PM

With the contract and a pick I don’t think teams would give much more than a 2nd

ForeverIowan 02-18-2024 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17409197)
Of course you would.

And nobody will offer that.

I think you could probably get a top 50 pick for him and maybe a little change; which actually would have some value for us since we don't have picks in the 6th or 7th.

But I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't do it. Say pick 45 and a 6th, for instance - I love the idea of the cap flexibility and maybe it's the strictly rational thing to do. But this defense was just so damn good. And it was good even in that stretch mid-season when Jones wasn't doing much.

He's just so damn crucial to what we do defensively.

I quite honestly have zero clue but feels like you are undervaluing his trade value.

In a league where Hollywood Brown went for pick #23 a couple years ago.

AJ Brown wasnt what I would call a superstar yet and went for pick #18 and #101.

All it takes is a couple GMs to get into a bidding war. Sneed considered the best corner in the game by many.

A team with a QB on a rookie deal that are pushing their chips in and think they are an elite corner away may reach a bit.

tredadda 02-18-2024 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 17409206)
I quite honestly have zero clue but feels like you are undervaluing his trade value.

In a league where Hollywood Brown went for pick #23 a couple years ago.

AJ Brown wasnt what I would call a superstar yet and went for pick #18 and #101.

All it takes is a couple GMs to get into a bidding war. Sneed considered the best corner in the game by many.

It’s about positional value which is why an elite WR fetches more than an elite CB. The salaries also reflect that. Sneed could reset the market and it still won’t even be close to what Jefferson or Chase will get. All you can hope for, like you mentioned is a dumb GM or two.

ForeverIowan 02-18-2024 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17409211)
It’s about positional value which is why an elite WR fetches more than an elite CB. The salaries also reflect that. Sneed could reset the market and it still won’t even be close to what Jefferson or Chase will get. All you can hope for, like you mentioned is a dumb GM or two.

I mean Hollywood Brown isnt a top 25 receiver in the league. Before AJ Brown went to the Eagles Im not so sure most considered him a top 15 receiver. I hear what youre saying in regards to positional value however.

Chris Meck 02-18-2024 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17409131)
I think you’d probably get a late 1 + a 4th or 5th for Sneed realistically

You think? Man, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

We don't get to pick above #30 EVER. I'd take our chances with this front office and coaching staff to develop young, cost controlled talent over just about any other.

BossChief 02-18-2024 08:26 PM

Quote:

I highly doubt we would get anything in that atmosphere for him, but he is the definition of a “shut down corner” that’s also in his prime, so I won’t rule it out.

Chiefshrink 02-18-2024 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 17409172)
Joe Alt, 32)Troy Franklin, 3rd round Malachi Corley.

No way Alt falls to 32 unless we significantly trade up which I doubt. But I like your positive attitude.;)

RunKC 02-18-2024 08:32 PM

With Pugs here. I think the goal is to tag Sneed, get Chris done, bring back Tranquill and try to fit a low cost WR in via a Juju deal while drafting offense.

Offense doesn't need a ton. If you could get a productive first rd WR and a RB2 that is a good receiver, that changes the offense so much.

ForeverIowan 02-18-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 17409221)
No way Alt falls to 32 unless we significantly trade up which I doubt. But I like your positive attitude.;)

Think he was saying if potential Sneed trade got you in top ten pick territory he would draft Alt with trade compensation and then the Oregon receiver with our pick #32.