ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328152)

O.city 02-06-2024 08:44 AM

When the opposing defenses gameplan involves "keeping the QB in the pocket and wanting him to beat them by throwing the football" you need to start looking elsewhere for a QB.

RealSNR 02-06-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17384891)
When the opposing defenses gameplan involves "keeping the QB in the pocket and wanting him to beat them by throwing the football" you need to start looking elsewhere for a QB.

I mean the first part of that is still the major defensive strategy when going up against Mahomes.

But that’s just the best of a bunch of bad solutions

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2024 10:58 AM

Chiefs put 8 in the box daring Lamar to throw. You can't pay a QB that much money and it be that easy to stop him

KCJake 02-06-2024 11:21 AM

People sometimes talk about how certain players or people for that matter, have the "it" factor. So, Lamar Jackson doesn't have "it."

KCJake 02-06-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17384891)

Crazy he's a two time MVP getting compared to a guy that's in the greatest QB of all time discussion.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-06-2024 02:23 PM

Lamar will never win a title...sorry Raven fans. I see you piece of shits rooting on the Niners on their boards ROFL butthurt much?

Chris Meck 02-06-2024 06:11 PM

Nobody would trade Mahomes for Lamar straight up.
Or Josh Allen. Or Joe Burrow.

Would you trade CJ Stroud for him? I wouldn't. Trevor Lawrence? Herbert? Nope. Nope.

Lamar is a unique talent, but you have to build an offense to suit his abilities. I don't want to put all my eggs in that basket.

It's what someone's going to have to do if they want to win with Justin Fields, too, he just can't run an NFL offense and beat you by making the reads and delivering the ball.

Buehler445 02-06-2024 06:19 PM

I might take a gamble on Herbert or Lawrence. They’re close to entering Jay Cutler territory and Lamar can at least win.

Rainbarrel 02-06-2024 06:19 PM

He's a Taysom Hill needing some Drew Brees

DRM08 02-06-2024 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17385793)
Nobody would trade Mahomes for Lamar straight up.
Or Josh Allen. Or Joe Burrow.

Would you trade CJ Stroud for him? I wouldn't. Trevor Lawrence? Herbert? Nope. Nope.

Lamar is a unique talent, but you have to build an offense to suit his abilities. I don't want to put all my eggs in that basket.

It's what someone's going to have to do if they want to win with Justin Fields, too, he just can't run an NFL offense and beat you by making the reads and delivering the ball.

CJ Stroud is really one to watch. His sharp accuracy, arm strength, and mobility are all pretty impressive. Stroud is just 1 month older than Caleb Williams, but Stroud already has a full year of NFL experience including 2 Playoff games under his belt. He's only going to be 23 years old in the 2024 season. They have a young and enthusiastic coach leading the team. Could be a very high ceiling for Houston.

seamonster 02-06-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17385810)
CJ Stroud is really one to watch. His sharp accuracy, arm strength, and mobility are all pretty impressive. Stroud is just 1 month older than Caleb Williams, but Stroud already has a full year of NFL experience including 2 Playoff games under his belt. He's only going to be 23 years old in the 2024 season. They have a young and enthusiastic coach leading the team. Could be a very high ceiling for Houston.

Not impressed with the mobility. He ran for fewer yards than Herbert and was sacked nearly 40 times. Stroud is like a black Matt Ryan.

DRM08 02-06-2024 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17385837)
Not impressed with the mobility. He ran for fewer yards than Herbert and was sacked nearly 40 times. Stroud is like a black Matt Ryan.

He is much better at extending plays than Matt Ryan.

Chris Meck 02-06-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

😂

No.

tredadda 02-06-2024 08:02 PM

Quote:

A rookie Ryan isn’t taking that roster to a 10-6 record and an AFCS title with a dominating win over the Browns.

RealSNR 02-07-2024 09:23 AM

Quote:

Lol what? Ryan was a total statue