ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F- (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352547)

scho63 03-26-2024 09:28 AM

F stands for FANTASTIC

RealSNR 03-26-2024 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17458242)
I still think Clark's been dragging his feet on this stuff while waiting for the stadium tax vote.

For air conditioning?

Come on Clark. Yesterday you said you’d call Sears!

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-26-2024 09:53 AM

Quote:

I still think Clark's been dragging his feet on this stuff while waiting for the stadium tax vote.

Yea, it's kind of strange. I think the may hope it fails and then can move to Kansas or another area and blame it on the voters. If it passes, big changes will happen.

Boxer_Chief 03-26-2024 10:01 AM

There’s no way Clark wants this to fail. He’s a traditionalist to a T. He doesn’t want to move from the location and build a new stadium. It’s his father’s legacy

Hoover 03-26-2024 10:42 AM

These athletes, live even the ones from shit schools, are used to top notch facilities. Get waiting for the bond referendum, but the day after it passes and I know I’m locked into the site for the rest of Clark’s life, I release rendering of a new chiefs performance center.

This is also why the county should just sell the complex to the Chiefs. Hard to build millions of dollars of shit on land you don’t own.

Pepe Silvia 03-26-2024 10:47 AM

Clark and the Chiefs want Kansas, nobody wants to deal with the state of Missouri anymore.

Oxford 03-26-2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17458368)
These athletes, live even the ones from shit schools, are used to top notch facilities. Get waiting for the bond referendum, but the day after it passes and I know I’m locked into the site for the rest of Clark’s life, I release rendering of a new chiefs performance center.

This is also why the county should just sell the complex to the Chiefs. Hard to build millions of dollars of shit on land you don’t own.

Based on the way Jackson County interacts with the Chiefs, red taoe to do anything at the complex has to play a role in this

FloridaMan88 03-26-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Even if the vote passes next week, Clark will need to invest in some short term/incremental improvements before 2031.

Mecca 03-26-2024 12:34 PM

That no air conditioning in the practice facility story is ****ing terrible, even public schools have AC these days.

Hoover 03-26-2024 12:36 PM

I can see Clark building a new practice facility off site. Probably the easiest thing to do.

ThaVirus 03-26-2024 01:16 PM

Imagine going to work for your billion-dollar organization in August and they don’t have AC lol

That’s inconceivable and probably illegal in Florida. I’m sure it doesn’t consistently get as hot in MO as it does in FL, but don’t y’all get heat waves at the very least?

chinaski 03-26-2024 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:doh!:

Katipan 03-26-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17458623)
Imagine going to work for your billion-dollar organization in August and they don’t have AC lol

That’s inconceivable and probably illegal in Florida. I’m sure it doesn’t consistently get as hot in MO as it does in FL, but don’t y’all get heat waves at the very least?

Humidity in the 80%

But it's fine. It turned Clay into the man he is.

Marcellus 03-26-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17458371)
Clark and the Chiefs want Kansas, nobody wants to deal with the state of Missouri anymore.

You ever deal with the state of Kansas?

Pepe Silvia 03-26-2024 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17458693)
You ever deal with the state of Kansas?

I know their liquor laws suck.

comochiefsfan 03-26-2024 04:47 PM

Quote:

Ummmm

It gets hot as BALLS in Missouri in the middle of the summer with a metric ton of humidity.

Summers here are miserable and my least favorite part of living here to be honest.

You absolutely have to have AC. I couldn’t believe they didn’t until now.

FloridaMan88 03-26-2024 04:54 PM

It should be highly embarrassing for Clark that the most important player in his franchise’s history… Mahomes… has to shame him into adding a basic necessity such as A/C.

Sassy Squatch 03-26-2024 04:55 PM

Yeah, I don't know what the **** is wrong with Clark but hopefully he's been suitably chastised into not being such a skinflint. Some of the shit these players expect is ridiculous, yes, but promising then reneging on refurbished locker rooms and apparently not even having functioning AC is shit I'd expect from the shittiest of owners.

comochiefsfan 03-26-2024 04:57 PM

This is the kind of bullshit that, once Andy and Kelce retire, could make Pat look around and think to himself, “You know, how much do I really like it here?”

Don’t be a cheap dipshit Clark, take care of your assets and your franchise.

DaFace 03-26-2024 04:57 PM

I'm definitely curious about the AC thing. Wasn't that facility just built like 15 years ago? Seems odd that they wouldn't have put in HVAC for it in the first place.

DRM08 03-26-2024 05:04 PM

Lack of air conditioning is pretty bad. No wonder the players gave Hunt a F- grade. It almost sounds like the Major League film, where the team owner tries to sabotage the players & coaches but they still find a way to have big success.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2024 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17458241)
The locker room story was a bad look but this is flat out embarrassing.

OK now THAT is bad. No AC JFC!

PHOG 03-26-2024 05:43 PM

No AC !?!?!?!??/11

Bowser 03-26-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17458882)
I'm definitely curious about the AC thing. Wasn't that facility just built like 15 years ago? Seems odd that they wouldn't have put in HVAC for it in the first place.

We can all collectively hear Haley and/or Pioli screaming **** THEM PLAYERS, WIN SOMETHING FIRST IF YOU WANT A/C

BWillie 03-26-2024 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17458371)

People from Missouri hate Kansas alot more than people from Kansas hate Missouri.

Nobody from Kansas would not follow a team for being in Missouri. There is a decent amount of people who would stop being Chiefs fans if they moved to Kansas, at least maybe after Mahomes retires.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17459061)
People from Missouri hate Kansas alot more than people from Kansas hate Missouri.

Nobody from Kansas would not follow a team for being in Missouri. There is a decent amount of people who would stop being Chiefs fans if they moved to Kansas, at least maybe after Mahomes retires.

I think you mean certain Missouri residents who root for a certain kansas team hate the state of Missouri

BWillie 03-26-2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17459063)
I think you mean certain Missouri residents who root for a certain kansas team hate the state of Missouri

I did not.

The Chiefs would lose no fans by staying in Missouri.

The Chiefs would lose some fans by moving to Kansas.

Marcellus 03-26-2024 07:59 PM

The AC thing seems overblown.

You have to ask how often are they are actually using the indoor facility and using it when AC is necessary?

Pretty sure outside of storms or extreme cold they practice outside. They aren’t using AC in the extreme cold.

-King- 03-26-2024 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17459069)

You have to ask how often are they are actually using the indoor facility and using it when AC is necessary?

Pretty sure outside of storms or extreme cold they practice outside. They aren’t using AC in the extreme cold.

If Mahomes is complaining about it then no it's not overblown.

KCUnited 03-26-2024 09:04 PM

Clark turning the hot water off in the Chiefs locker room in Buffalo after the divisional game propelled this team to another Lombardi

Chief Pagan 03-26-2024 09:21 PM

Quote:

Imagine if you had to play a game in Florida the first week or two of the season.

Maybe you would be better off having spent all that time not being in AC?

Chief Pagan 03-26-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17459067)
I did not.

Whether they move won't directly affect me, but why would they lose more than they would pick up?

FloridaMan88 03-26-2024 09:41 PM

Quote:

They have OTA’s from April to June when it could be warm enough to require the A/C.

And then post-training camp/early season practices from August through October could require it.

dlphg9 03-26-2024 11:52 PM

Quote:

I did not.

You KU fans are literally obsessed with Mizzou. It's funny that you act like youre not.

JPH83 03-27-2024 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17458155)
Clark needs a PR team bc he just doubled down.

The story of Mahomes having to get on Mark Donovan bc there was no air conditioning in the summer is crazy. Wtf Clark

https://theathletic.com/5368314/2024...shared_article

Yeah as someone else said, if it pisses off Mahomes it's dumb and not something to just wave away. Clark is tight, good to see he's making some changes.

ThaVirus 03-27-2024 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17459112)
Imagine if you had to play a game in Florida the first week or two of the season.

Maybe you would be better off having spent all that time not being in AC?

Imagine trying to spend a multi-billion dollar organization not having AC into a positive..

Mecca 03-27-2024 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17459246)
Imagine trying to spend a multi-billion dollar organization not having AC into a positive..

If anyone defends there not being AC out there, you're just being a shill that refuses to acknowledge it's a stupid ass cheap thing to do, there is no other reason here.

Mosbonian 03-27-2024 10:54 AM

And to think....what we all use to complain about in the offseason was getting a franchise QB and going past the first round of the playoffs.

ThrobProng 03-27-2024 11:58 AM

Quote:

I did not.

No real Chiefs fan would stop being a fan if the team moves across a nearby state line. It's not like they'd move to Alaska.

Marcellus 03-27-2024 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17459132)
They have OTA’s from April to June when it could be warm enough to require the A/C.

And then post-training camp/early season practices from August through October could require it.

What part of they practice outside the vast majority of the time is hard to understand?

Katipan 03-27-2024 01:38 PM

Yeah guys when you're done being a man in the heat, go sit in the oven to relax.

FloridaMan88 03-27-2024 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17459729)
What part of they practice outside the vast majority of the time is hard to understand?

The Chiefs are a franchise valued at $4.3 billion… they should have a fully climate controlled indoor practice facility.

Most college teams have that, JFC.

Pitt Gorilla 03-27-2024 01:46 PM

Quote:

Even if it's mostly optics, there's zero reason to not have a premium facility.

Zebedee DuBois 03-27-2024 03:47 PM

I am somehow both surprised and also not surprised at all (there should be a word that describes that feeling) that the KC Chiefs have less than average facilities for their employees.

BWillie 03-27-2024 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17459581)
No real Chiefs fan would stop being a fan if the team moves across a nearby state line. It's not like they'd move to Alaska.

They absolutely would. Probably would cost them 10% of their Missouri fans. They would gain zero fans by moving to Kansas. Almost all Kansans are already Chiefs fans...and if they arent they arent changing fandom if they are in Kansas vs Missouri.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-27-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

I did not.

Most people in this country have no idea what a kansas even is

FloridaMan88 03-27-2024 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17459911)
They absolutely would. Probably would cost them 10% of their Missouri fans. They would gain zero fans by moving to Kansas. Almost all Kansans are already Chiefs fans...and if they arent they arent changing fandom if they are in Kansas vs Missouri.

10% of Chiefs fans in Missouri would stop rooting for the Chiefs if they crossed the state line? LMAO

Did 10% of Wizards/Sporting KC fans in Missouri jump ship when they moved to Kansas?

Boxer_Chief 03-27-2024 05:39 PM

I know if the royals move to Kansas I’ll be a cardinals fan no problem.

BWillie 03-27-2024 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief (Post 17459934)

See

Mephistopheles Janx 03-27-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

This is such a ****ing strange take... *to me*. To be done with a team because they relocated 30ish miles away from their previous position. They would remain the Kansas City Chiefs. Literally nothing but where you go see them would change.

In this hypothetical situation... they didn't move 4 hours away to St. Louis. They didn't move to Oakland to fill the void left by the Raiders. Clark didn't pack up the team overnight and move them to Salt Lake City.

lawrenceRaider 03-28-2024 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17460140)
See

See what? An absolutely ludicrous post from someone who isn't a real Royals fan?

Boxer_Chief 03-28-2024 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 17460250)
See what? An absolutely ludicrous post from someone who isn't a real Royals fan?

I’m a real royals fan, always have been. Hell I have a royals tattoo. But I’m a Missourian and if they move to Kansas I’m done.

tredadda 03-28-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 17460156)
This is such a ****ing strange take... *to me*. To be done with a team because they relocated 30ish miles away from their previous position. They would remain the Kansas City Chiefs. Literally nothing but where you go see them would change.

In this hypothetical situation... they didn't move 4 hours away to St. Louis. They didn't move to Oakland to fill the void left by the Raiders. Clark didn't pack up the team overnight and move them to Salt Lake City.

Yeah that was a strange take. Essentially I won't be a fan of a team that moved ~30 miles away and instead I will be a fan of one that is a couple hundred away instead.

ThrobProng 03-28-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Considering the Royals barely qualify as a major league team, I'm surprised you haven't made the switch already.

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 06:50 PM

Clark should have no problem covering the cost of an A/C install with this type of revenue stream…

Link: https://frontofficesports.com/nfl-to...mas-day-games/
Quote:

NFL to Auction Media Rights to Two Christmas Day Games

Bidding is likely to start at $50 million, say sources, but analysts expect the games to go for far more.

The NFL is the most effective league at creating new revenue streams.

Kiimo 03-28-2024 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief (Post 17460299)
I’m a real royals fan, always have been. Hell I have a royals tattoo. But I’m a Missourian and if they move to Kansas I’m done.

So what I'm hearing is, you're stupid