ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Frankie 02-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9391594)
yet it's hilarious to see you using ALL black/white in regard to your interpersonal relationships and how you treat people on this message board. no nuance at ALL. you have literally no flexibility. apply some of that, learn to take a ****ing joke or two, and maybe develop a bit of a thicker skin (you know, thicker than a ****ing angstrom).

We all have our Black/White issues. I'm not without one or two, and never claimed to be. Mine is in defending innocent respected people dear to me who are attacked and disrespected by no good assholes for no good reason. I never do that shit to others unless in response and only if the response is the last resort. If people have issues with me they should attack myself. Anything else is dirt low, and I do not apologize for how I stand on it, nor for the means to use to solve it.

However in most non-personal issues in life I live in shades of grey which is the most realistic way to live life.

I hope this clears any doubt or misunderstanding about me and how I handle life. But again, that's an issue I thought was left in the past. AND it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

RunKC 02-10-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9391652)
I was willing to give Tyler Wilson equal credence, but the fact that RunKC likes that guy a lot now damages his reputation a LOT in my eyes.

Ryan Nassib, huh.

I didn't tank the season and Save Our Chiefs for Ryan ****ing Nassib, dipshit.

I'm playing this one pretty close to the chest:D

I'm still pro Wilson at 1. That has always been the plan!

Frankie 02-10-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391605)
Please no Joeckel. Man that would be a let down.

I agree, but I honestly don't think that's who we'll pick.

milkman 02-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391651)
Boring.

In other words, you don't have a clue what the difference is.

Frankie 02-10-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391611)
Sure when someone suggests we take the fifth best qb in this class which is supposedly a weak qb class an take a lt at one, doing what the franchise has always done, I tend to get aggravated.

Unless there's not that much daylight between the 1st and the 5th best. Which may or may not be the case this year. I guess the combine will clear a lot of this up.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391657)

And if Wilson died in a fire before the draft, you'd rather the Chiefs take Nassib over Geno.

That's dumbassery of CoMo levels. You're reaching high in the sky on that one.

I'm going to need to see a brand new really smart person whose football opinions I respect go into the Tyler Wilson camp to balance out the stain you represent.

Frankie 02-10-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391635)
If you want to have a thread go exactly as ou want it to go, then start your own website so that you can delete every post that doesn't fit your criteria.

Until then, get the **** over yourself.

You are just a useless piece.

And, ftr, anyone that would participate in Frankie's forum, raise your hands.

Did my use of Yosemite Sam give you ANY CLUE that my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek? I guess not. I'm not shocked though.

RunKC 02-10-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9391665)
And if Wilson died in a fire before the draft, you'd rather the Chiefs take Nassib over Geno.

That's dumbassery of CoMo levels. You're reaching high in the sky on that one.

I'm going to need to see a brand new really smart person whose football opinions I respect go into the Tyler Wilson camp to balance out the stain you represent.

What if Geno died in a fire before the draft? Who's plan B?!

HotCarl 02-10-2013 02:04 PM

Being able to start this team back on the right track by inking a proven commodity at QB and selecting a brand new franchise LT (with no back problems) before making any other draft picks would be a great win for the team and the fans in Kansas City.

A team that was worse than an expansion team last year ought to look at what it takes to succeed in the NFL and think about it.

Alex Smith is a first round quarterback. He's never had a rating below 80 the last 4 years. Last year he was above 90, and this year about 100. He threw a grand total of 10 interceptions over the last 2 seasons.

Last year, with a good team around him, Alex Smith had his team 3 points away from the Super Bowl. Guys with this resume never become free agents in the NFL. Not when they are 28 years old.

And people here tell you to "kill yourself" when you suggest that this guy might be a safer bet than a rookie who couldn't win games in a major conference in college football.

We're supposed to believe that even though Alex Smith was a field goal away from the Super Bowl last year it doesn't mean anything. He's Matt Cassel. Geno Smith is the only way we'll ever get to the Super Bowl.

The groupthink has gone over the cliff. Logic and reason are beside the point here.

Well, this is why you're selling insurance and Dorsey/Reid are in the NFL, let's hope they get this right. We could be back in the wild card hunt sooner than later if they do.

Frankie 02-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391640)
"Locks onto to first read" is not actually true.

He usually goes to his first read because that guy is open, but he has shown, again and again, and again, the ability to go through progressions when necessary.

But of it isn't necessary, why do it?

Just to make people like you happy?

AND (DRUMROLLS) finally there is something milkman posted that is reason based.

I add that about half the time the best QBs also go with the firsts read and don't bother with the other reads as the first is immediately available to them. I watched Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Kaepernick especially with that in mind, this post season, and found the "locking' onto the first read was amazingly prevalent with those guys. More so than I originally thought.

milkman 02-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9391684)
Being able to start this team back on the right track by inking a proven commodity at QB and selecting a brand new franchise LT (with no back problems) before making any other draft picks would be a great win for the team and the fans in Kansas City.

A team that was worse than an expansion team last year ought to look at what it takes to succeed in the NFL and think about it.

Alex Smith is a first round quarterback. He's never had a rating below 80 the last 4 years. Last year he was above 90, and this year about 100. He threw a grand total of 10 interceptions over the last 2 seasons.

Last year, with a good team around him, Alex Smith had his team 3 points away from the Super Bowl. Guys with this resume never become free agents in the NFL. Not when they are 28 years old.

And people here tell you to "kill yourself" when you suggest that this guy might be a safer bet than a rookie who couldn't win games in a major conference in college football.

We're supposed to believe that even though Alex Smith was a field goal away from the Super Bowl last year it doesn't mean anything. He's Matt Cassel. Geno Smith is the only way we'll ever get to the Super Bowl.

The groupthink has gone over the cliff. Logic and reason are beside the point here.

Well, this is why you're selling insurance and Dorsey/Reid are in the NFL, let's hope they get this right. We could be back in the wild card hunt sooner than later if they do.

Alex Smith against a good defense converted 1 of 13 3rd down opportunities when the team needed him to step up and make plays.

That 1 conversion was a meaningless conversion at the end of the first half.

You can go the safe route and take Alex Smith, and never have any hope of advancing to the SB.

But if that's the route that Reid and Dorsey choose to go, they can go **** themselves, and you.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391683)
What if Geno died in a fire before the draft? Who's plan B?!

Wilson.

Then Barkley.

Then... then we're stretching it. I do like Glennon and Dysert more than Nassib personally. I'd feel pretty queasy selecting either of them at #1, but I'd understand completely.

Thanks to your little shitass moment though, I really do have to re-consider Barkley and Wilson's positions on that list of succession.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391694)
Alex Smith against a good defense converted 1 of 13 3rd down opportunities when the team needed him to step up and make plays.

That 1 conversion was a meaningless conversion at the end of the first half.

You can go the safe route and take Alex Smith, and never have any hope of advancing to the SB.

But if that's the route that Reid and Dorsey choose to go, they can go **** themselves, and you.

3 points away = no hope, ever. Got it.

milkman 02-10-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391670)
Did my use of Yosemite Sam give you ANY CLUE that my post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek? I guess not. I'm not shocked though.

I didn't pay any attention to whatever picture you posted.

I only read the content.

I'll have to go back and look at that.

RunKC 02-10-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9391695)
Wilson.

Then Barkley.

Then... then we're stretching it. I do like Glennon and Dysert more than Nassib personally. I'd feel pretty queasy selecting either of them at #1, but I'd understand completely.

Thanks to your little shitass moment though, I really do have to re-consider Barkley and Wilson's positions on that list of succession.

Not sure why you like Glennon and Dysert more than Nassib.

Nassib actually has balls. Doesn't go in the fetal position like Glennon. I like Glennon but he pulls a Cassel in the pocket at least 3x a game.

Frankie 02-10-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9391657)

I have been more of a Tyler Wilson guy than any other other available QB. I also dismiss his non-elite senior season as comparable to Dan Marino's. But two things cool me off a bit about him:

1- His head trauma history.

2- The recent revelation about his "small" hands. I wonder if he has fumbled the ball more than he should because of it. Is there a good study on that?

milkman 02-10-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9391700)
3 points away = no hope, ever. Got it.

3 points or 30 points.

Makes no difference.

Franchise QBs make plays gainst outstanding playmaking defenses when plays need to be made.

Game manangers don't.

milkman 02-10-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391713)
I have been more of a Tyler Wilson guy than any other other available QB. I also dismiss his non-elite senior season as comparable to Dan Marino's. But two things cool me off a bit about him:

1- His head trauma history.

2- The recent revelation about his "small" hands. I wonder if he has fumbled the ball more than he should because of it. Is there a good study on that?

The hands could be a concern, but it has been posted here somewhere that Wilson has fewer fumbles in his college career than all, or most of the QBs in this class.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391648)
You sound high to me. That post won't sound as brilliant when you sober up.

You are the one that said that being good in college doesn't mean he'll be good in the pros. We already have a "good" LT.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391664)
Unless there's not that much daylight between the 1st and the 5th best. Which may or may not be the case this year. I guess the combine will clear a lot of this up.

Their is a chasm between 1 and 5. Don't need the combine to see that.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

**** off troll

HotCarl 02-10-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391717)
3 points or 30 points.

Makes no difference.

Franchise QBs make plays gainst outstanding playmaking defenses when plays need to be made.

Game manangers don't.

Does that argument apply to Geno Smith and his inability to win conference games after moving up to the Big 12, or his bowl game against Syracuse this year? Franchise QBs make plays when plays need to be made?

Maybe that means we should take Nassib, since he showed who was the franchise QB?

Ebolapox 02-10-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9391736)
Does that argument apply to Geno Smith and his inability to win conference games after moving up to the Big 12, or his bowl game against Syracuse this year? Franchise QBs make plays when plays need to be made?

Maybe that means we should take Nassib, since he showed who was the franchise QB?

so, the question must be asked again: would you take john elway if he were coming out of college this year? his teams had abysmal records under his helm at stanford. would you avoid him?

RealSNR 02-10-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Geno was 4-5 in the Big XII. Should have been 6-3. And that's with him dragging that shitty fart defense of WV's the entire way.

Can't win conference games my ****ing ass.

patteeu 02-10-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391662)
In other words, you don't have a clue what the difference is.

I know there's no relevant difference, if that's what you're trying to figure out how to say.

milkman 02-10-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

People that ask this question clearly do not understand the difference between the college game and the NFL game.

The talent level of the best team in the NFL and the worst team in the NFL is marginal at best.

In the playoffs, the thing that separates one team from another is usually at QB.

In the college game, the thing that seperates one team from another is the overall talent level of the teams playing one another.

Syacuse was a more talented team.

Even with that difference in the levels, Geno Smith almost singlehandedly carried WVU to an Orange Bowl win last year against a far superior Clemson team.

Priest31kc 02-10-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391786)
People that ask this question clearly do not understand the difference between the college game and the NFL game.

The talent level of the best team in the NFL and the worst team in the NFL is marginal at best.

In the playoffs, the thing that separates one team from another is usually at QB.

In the college game, the thing that seperates one team from another is the overall talent level of the teams playing one another.

Syacuse was a more talented team.

Even with that difference in the levels, Geno Smith almost singlehandedly carried WVU to an Orange Bowl win last year against a far superior Clemson team.

This.

So many fans don't understand this for some reason.

milkman 02-10-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391785)
I know there's no relevant difference, if that's what you're trying to figure out how to say.

You know shit.

TeBow was great college player, whose QB skills were virtually non existent.

He has poor accuracy and terrible mechanics that can not be hidden by scheme against NFL talent.

His lack of QB skills are extremely relevant.

patteeu 02-10-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Nothing posted in this thread is more true than this. In fact, it ought to be a system-generated disclaimer attached to any thread in which Geno Smith is discussed.

O.city 02-10-2013 03:04 PM

Logic states that free agent qbs don't win SBS. Yet here we are discussing this again

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391805)
Logic states that free agent qbs don't win SBS. Yet here we are discussing this again

LMAO

You're talking about a team that has failed to win a PLAYOFF game in 20 years, yet making Super Bowl will be as easy as taking a QB #1 overall in a year when the best prospect would be a bottom first if not a second on most years, is the answer.

Again, the ****ing hyperbole is highest it's been in the history of Chiefsplanet.

Frankie 02-10-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

BINGO.

Quote:

And coaching.

milkman 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391822)
LMAO

You're talking about a team that has failed to win a PLAYOFF game in 20 years, yet making Super Bowl will be as easy as taking a QB #1 overall in a year when the best prospect would be a bottom first if not a second on most years, is the answer.

Again, the ****ing hyperbole is highest it's been in the history of Chiefsplanet.

Last year's QB class has really ****ed the perception of this class.

Geno Smith in years prior to last year would easily be viewed as a top 10 pick.

His player rating on NFL.com is only 7 or 8 points below Luck's last year, and 3 or 4 below RGIII's.

He would have easily been the third QB off the board last year, ahead of Tannehill.

In most of the the prior years, he would have been the first or second.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Trading for Matt Cassel was considered baby steps. Gotta walk before you can run. Gotta win a playoff game before you win a Super Bowl.

How about we stop with the small goals? How about if a guy can't be a Super Bowl-quality player, we don't acquire him? Let's do that instead of guys that can just be good enough for the playoffs. That's what we've been doing up to this point, and it hasn't worked.

Alex Smith can't/won't win a Super Bowl. Regardless of how good the Chiefs have been in the past, he's not worth our time or our money. Period.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

Tannehill goes #8 overall, so there's little chance in hell that Smith falls out of the top 10 pretty much any year.

milkman 02-10-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9391836)
BINGO.

And coaching.

I agree with the coaching part, to an extent.

But Jim Harbaugh is a better coach than John, IMO.

The difference in that SB was the fact that Joe Flacco had a transcendant game.

Spott 02-10-2013 03:36 PM

If it's not a QB, it doesn't matter. If they get some retread backup from another team to start, then Reid is just a fatter, burned out version of Marty.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-10-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

LMAO

That's bullshit hyperbole Dane

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9391869)
That's bullshit hyperbole Dane

No, it's not.

The Combines haven't even taken place yet in the minds of many CPers, Smith is a Super Bowl QB that's unquestionably the number overall choice.

Yet, outside of this forum, he's viewed by many as a second rounder, a guy with questionable leadeship skills and for certain, he's no where near the consensus number one pick.

Now, that's not to say that he won't become those things, but similar things were said about Jimmy Clausen a few years back, yet he fell to the second round and has sucked ass in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9391867)
If it's not a QB, it doesn't matter. If they get some retread backup from another team to start, then Reid is just a fatter, burned out version of Marty.

Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't like him to lead his team.

Regardless, it's stupid to state that Reid is a failure neary three full months before the draft and 8 months before he's coached his first game.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391882)
Yet, outside of this forum, he's viewed by many as a second rounder, a guy with questionable leadeship skills and for certain, he's no where near the consensus number one pick.

And NFL Network just mocked him #1 yesterday.

You're leaning a bit too far over the "Chiefsplanet is the only place Geno is highly regarded" fence.

Coogs 02-10-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

No, it's not.

The Combines haven't even taken place yet in the minds of many CPers, Smith is a Super Bowl QB that's unquestionably the number overall choice.

Now, that's not to say that he won't become those things, but similar things were said about Jimmy Clausen a few years back, yet he fell tothe second round and has sucked ass in the NFL.

I think most of us believe that the 5th to 7th overall ranking that some have him listed at is far more realistic than the 2nd round talent that others have him listed as being.

Therefore it is not as much of a reach to see him going 1st overall to us.

Hell, many of those who say he is too big of reach to take at #1 have him going 3rd or 4th and being a good pick at that spot.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 03:53 PM

There is absolutely no way Geno makes it past the Raiders at #3. I will bet anyone anything on that. Come at me Dane.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 03:53 PM

http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Tons of mocks. Likely around 70% have Smith going #1 overall.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9391894)
There is absolutely no way Geno makes it past the Raiders at #3. I will bet anyone anything on that. Come at me Dane.

I believe it's at least 50/50 that he will be the Raiders QB this coming year.

patteeu 02-10-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9391794)
You know shit.

TeBow was great college player, whose QB skills were virtually non existent.

He has poor accuracy and terrible mechanics that can not be hidden by scheme against NFL talent.

His lack of QB skills are extremely relevant.

And yet he was still a great college QB, just like I said.

patteeu 02-10-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9391805)

That's not logic, that's an assumption that past performance over a limited data set can be extrapolated into the future along a straight line.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9391894)

So, if Reid passes (pure speculation but its been proffered more than once lately), do you feel that makes him a "failure", as its been proclaimed by others?

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9391895)
http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Tons of mocks. Likely around 70% have Smith going #1 overall.

I find it quite curious that without the benefit of the Combines and the Senior Bowl that people suddenly have begun mocking him at #1 to the Chiefs.

I wonder if it's due to film study, peer pressure or just not wanting to be wrong come draft day?

007 02-10-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9391977)
So, if Reid passes (pure speculation but its been proffered more than once lately), do you feel that makes him a "failure", as its been proclaimed by others?

you can't consider him a success or failure until after the 3rd year. However, you can definitely disagree with his decisions. Fortunately there are no decisions to dislike, yet.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9391995)
you can't consider him a success or failure until after the 3rd year. However, you can definitely disagree with his decisions. Fortunately there are no decisions to dislike, yet.

If Reid passes on a QB in the first round, I won't view it as a failure, nor will I view negatively, whatsoever.

I hope he likes a guy in the first but if he doesn't, big deal. The guy has found ways to win with lessor valued draft picks and I'm certain he will identify and draft a QB in the next two years.

RunKC 02-10-2013 05:09 PM

I'm not worried about Tyler Wilson's hands at all. They have never been a problem for him and I don't see them being a problem unless he played in Seattle where it rains half the time.

Mark this down. 1 or 2 QB's will start to launch up the draft board by the end of this month. It's gonna be either Wilson, Barkley, Glennon or Nassib.

Barkley is the favorite to rise IMO. I think he will easily have the best interviews.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391953)
And yet he was still a great college QB, just like I said.

And just like I said, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9392005)
If Reid passes on a QB in the first round, I won't view it as a failure, nor will I view negatively, whatsoever.

I hope he likes a guy in the first but if he doesn't, big deal. The guy has found ways to win with lessor valued draft picks and I'm certain he will identify and draft a QB in the next two years.

Reid has found a way to win with a #2 overall QB.

RunKC 02-10-2013 05:15 PM

And one thing is for damn sure. Last season was the first time I ever rooted for my team to lose. I did not ****ing do root for this team to lose just to we can sign Alex Smith and draft a ****ing LT first overall.

Bowser 02-10-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9392038)
And one thing is for damn sure. Last season was the first time I ever rooted for my team to lose. I did not ****ing do root for this team to lose just to we can sign Alex Smith and draft a ****ing LT first overall.

On this I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Frankie 02-10-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9392005)

If you trust KFFL it could be they are thinking Nick Foles to develop and (IMO) possibly Alex Smith to bridge.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...256524&page=28

RunKC 02-10-2013 05:21 PM

I would love it if the Eagles just cut Foles because he didn't fit Chip Kelly's offense and nobody would give up picks for him.

We'd be able to get Foles and draft a QB.

Probably won't happen though.

Bowser 02-10-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392046)
If you trust KFFL it could be they are thinking Nick Foles to develop and (IMO) possibly Alex Smith to bridge.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...256524&page=28

I trust KFFL to throw this shit against a wall just to see what sticks.

Hammock Parties 02-10-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392036)
Reid has found a way to win with a #2 overall QB.

Yep.

All other avenues he tried were ultra fail.

He's not about to risk his new job on some slapdick QB.

Saccopoo 02-10-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

No, it's not.

Now, that's not to say that he won't become those things, but similar things were said about Jimmy Clausen a few years back, yet he fell to the second round and has sucked ass in the NFL.

Let's be real for a second. Jimmy Clausen was a spoon fed weiner with an overall lack of skills for the position at the next level. Arm strength was middling at best, zero mobility, a lack of pocket presence, etc. There was no way that this guy was going to be a good pro and the only reason that people got worked up around here about it was the Weis was the OC and people thought he would be an easier transition because he knew the system.

There is no way that Clausen is even close to Geno in terms of being an NFL prospect. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE.

Geno is legit, and most drafniks have had him going to the Chiefs at #1. Other than Kiper and McShay. So, I guess it comes down to who you find plausible in terms of player draft analysis - the two draftnik helmetheads at ESPN or just about everybody else on the planet.

O.city 02-10-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9391954)
That's not logic, that's an assumption that past performance over a limited data set can be extrapolated into the future along a straight line.

Assumption? It's a fact based on history.

Do you think Alex smith is the guy to buck that trend?

HotCarl 02-10-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392053)
Yep.

Exactly. Which I'm sure is why he will choose Alex.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9392381)
Exactly. Which I'm sure is why he will choose Alex.

Turn your rep on :#

HotCarl 02-10-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9392385)
Turn your rep on :#

I'm afraid to turn anything on around you Mr. Rape. You seem to be classless and deranged.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9392408)
I'm afraid to turn anything on around you Mr. Rape. You seem to be classless and deranged.

There is no way you chose those particular words and are not a troll.

Go the **** away whoever the **** you are. Get raped.

ChiefsCountry 02-10-2013 08:38 PM

So whose mult is HotCarl lol.

Frankie 02-10-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9392053)
Yep.

Deep down we all felt that was the case with Piolli too.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9391840)
Trading for Matt Cassel was considered baby steps. Gotta walk before you can run. Gotta win a playoff game before you win a Super Bowl.

How about we stop with the small goals? How about if a guy can't be a Super Bowl-quality player, we don't acquire him? Let's do that instead of guys that can just be good enough for the playoffs. That's what we've been doing up to this point, and it hasn't worked.

Alex Smith can't/won't win a Super Bowl. Regardless of how good the Chiefs have been in the past, he's not worth our time or our money. Period.

I hated the Cassel trade and don't want Alex Smith, even for a single year.

The issue I'm seeing is that there are many people convinced that G. Smith is a savior and should be acquired, regardless of whether or not he's worthy of being number #1 overall. And if he's not, Reid is a failure.

It's really quite bizarre.

milkman 02-10-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9392457)

The issue I'm seeing is that there are many people convinced that G. Smith is a savior and should be acquired, regardless of whether or not he's worthy of being number #1 overall. And if he's not, Reid is a failure.

No, we see a talented QB with a lot of potential, and what should be easily fixed mechanical issues.

We also see an opportunity to take the best QB in his class, and understand there's some risk involved, but the potential reward is greater than the risk in this new CBA era.

RealSNR 02-10-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9392457)

Dude, I think I'm just going to have to leave these posts alone until the draft is over. I really do think you're grossly misrepresenting what people believe about Geno Smith on this board.

Geno Smith MIGHT be a Super Bowl QB. He has the potential. And if he goes to KC, he'll have the coaching staff to put him in that position. He's not a savior, but lots of people like him and want him to be a Chief. You don't have to label it as a religious fervor. In fact, you SHOULDN'T. Because that's not what's going on. At all.

Alex Smith will NOT be a Super Bowl QB. Ever. Barring, of course, a Trent Dilfer-like experience, which I'm not anticipating to happen in the NFL ever again.

That's why so many people are positive on Geno and negative on Alex Smith.

If Andy drafts Geno Smith, and Geno busts, Andy is not a failure. If Andy punts on this QB issue in year one by trading for Alex Smith/Matt Flynn/Nick Foles, then yes, he absolutely IS a failure. Right out of the gate. No questions asked.

Reerun_KC 02-10-2013 08:53 PM

Draft a QB or be fired....

B14ckmon 02-10-2013 09:38 PM

Tyler Wilson will probably be the best QB in the draft. Imagine if the Raiders took him and just went off.

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:39 PM

That's too bad Frankie. :(

Frankie 02-10-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9392700)
That's too bad Frankie. :(

Fret not. Getting a chance to remove your ultra annoying signature is quite tempting. But I still don't play these silly betting games.

:)

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392721)
Fret not. Getting a chance to remove your ultra annoying signature is quite tempting. But I still don't play these silly betting games.

:)

LMAO

I would have ****ing worn my new sig with pride had you agreed and won.

NJChiefsFan 02-10-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9392408)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9392419)
There is no way you chose those particular words and are not a troll.

Go the **** away whoever the **** you are. Get raped.

ROFL

patteeu 02-10-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392032)
And just like I said, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

Yeah, you don't think Tim Tebow was a great college QB and I'm the guy who doesn't have a clue. Brilliant.

patteeu 02-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9392173)
Assumption? It's a fact based on history.

Do you think Alex smith is the guy to buck that trend?

I doubt that Alex Smith is the guy to buck that trend for the same reason you're sure of it. But neither of us are in a position to judge, which is why we resort to crude guesses based on historical statistics.

It's not a "fact" based on history. If history could produce facts like that, nothing would ever happen for the first time, which is preposterous.

HotCarl 02-10-2013 11:04 PM

History shows that first round quarterbacks win Super Bowls. Well, here is one likely available for no draft picks. He would normally never be on the market, except he lost his job due to injury. This is the best shot any team has had in years to get a franchise quarterback for pennies on the dollar.