ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Homeland on Showtime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251198)

Bowser 12-11-2015 04:38 PM

This might actually be one of my favorite seasons of Homeland. Sure, it's flawed, but I've enjoyed most episodes quite a lot.

keg in kc 12-11-2015 04:47 PM

I think I'm 7 eps behind. I guess I need a homeland day.

BigRedChief 12-16-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11945516)
This might actually be one of my favorite seasons of Homeland. Sure, it's flawed, but I've enjoyed most episodes quite a lot.

I thought this weeks episode was the best one of the year so far. Sets up a great finale next week.

manchambo 12-16-2015 06:52 PM

This show frustrates me so much. It's like they completely forget who their characters are (or used to be). Specifically, there was once a time when they were incredibly skilled and smart intelligence agents. At this point they are just so dumb that it takes the joy out of watching the show. Aside from the general fact that Saul has been just out of control, played and sad all season, here are some specific recent examples:

They develop an open and shut case that Allison is a turn coat, then they decide she might not be, because she says so. Because it's a rule that once you catch a double agent they can't lie to you. Then, recognizing much room for suspicion, they turn her loose in the city. And they just completely believe her when she says she knows where the attack will be and basically stop looking elsewhere.

Her brilliant plan to fool everyone is to set up a shooting scene theMayberry police would see through in about two minutes, including because there is residue only on her hand, and her own gunshot wound was fired with the pistol against her chest. It's not consistent that her character would even attempt something so ham-handed, but she not only does it, but fools the CIA and German intelligence.

Also, the CIA and Germans seem really bad at keeping track of suspects. First they leave a key interrogation subject alone and with an unlocked window (because I'm sure they interrogate people all the time in rooms with unlocked windows you can just jump out of). And then they don't even watch Allison in the hospital, much less put hand-cuffs on her or something. Again, a local Sheriff would look really dumb if he let someone give him the slip like that.

Finally, the people of Germany, after getting the most dire and obvious terrorist attack warning imaginable, simply watch a bunch of Arab guys lock them up in a train station. None of them even seems to get upset much, and they do nothing whatsoever to stop them, or even seem to notify security.

Bowser 12-18-2015 03:38 PM

^ He is right. Maybe I've liked the season too much to really have focused on this, but this isn't wrong. The Allison crime scene thing was ridiculous. Maybe they're waiting to use that to bite her in the finale (I'm hoping). And Dar Adahl has been a major disappointment this season. He is supposed to be a legendary operative in the CIA, but once he's in control, he's turned into this blustering, reactive windbag that looks borderline incompetent at times.

Still, all that said, I've enjoyed this season. I'm surprised this show still chugs along. I was sure that once it was confirmed Brody was dead that Homeland would fade away. Hasn't been the case.

Baby Lee 12-18-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11961536)
^ He is right. Maybe I've liked the season too much to really have focused on this, but this isn't wrong. The Allison crime scene thing was ridiculous. Maybe they're waiting to use that to bite her in the finale (I'm hoping). And Dar Adahl has been a major disappointment this season. He is supposed to be a legendary operative in the CIA, but once he's in control, he's turned into this blustering, reactive windbag that looks borderline incompetent at times.

Still, all that said, I've enjoyed this season. I'm surprised this show still chugs along. I was sure that once it was confirmed Brody was dead that Homeland would fade away. Hasn't been the case.

http://www.popcritics.com/wp-content..._24_cougar.jpg

kepp 12-23-2015 08:21 AM

That was a bit anticlimactic.

Bowser 12-23-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11972143)
That was a bit anticlimactic.

Yeah, I expected a more dramatic resolution with Allison, but I'll take that. I did get satisfaction from watching Laura and her high and mighty attitude get crushed while making her squirm in front of the camera. The end was a good cliffhanger, though. Did she do what I think she was gearing up to do, or not?

Squalor2 12-24-2015 09:37 PM

feelis like lost or heroes, noone at the helm and they dont care if they ever makes shore.

Baby Lee 12-31-2016 08:11 PM

Season 6 premiere streaming on Showtime On-Demand/App for limited time.

BigRedChief 01-03-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12651197)
Season 6 premiere streaming on Showtime On-Demand/App for limited time.

When's the premiere?

Baby Lee 01-03-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12658869)
When's the premiere?

SFAIK, it's still streaming. Will air on cable channel 1/15

BWillie 01-03-2017 11:32 PM

I binged almost entire 1st and 2nd season of this in the last 2 weeks. And I still haven't seen Claire Danes ****ing tits.

Oh well, pretty good show. Hope the terrorist red head gets shot in the face soon.

Nickhead 01-03-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12659440)
I binged almost entire 1st and 2nd season of this in the last 2 weeks. And I still haven't seen Claire Danes ****ing tits.

Oh well, pretty good show. Hope the terrorist red head gets shot in the face soon.

grab a snickers, it's gonna be a while :D

not to mention: why the **** would you want to see HER tits? I only ask as I look at her and see an adult 13 year old. it's creepy to find her 'HAWT' IMO. but that's just me :D

Nickhead 01-03-2017 11:47 PM

EAYOR: http://chan131.so/watch-tv/homeland/season-6-episode-1

:D

BWillie 01-03-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12659461)
grab a snickers, it's gonna be a while :D

not to mention: why the **** would you want to see HER tits? I only ask as I look at her and see an adult 13 year old. it's creepy to find her 'HAWT' IMO. but that's just me :D

She's not that hot, but, you know. I still want to see them. I'm curious. She's good looking enough.

BTW, she has the most ugly cry face I've ever seen. Someone screen cap that thing. I could print them out, put them around my yard to repel any rats and mice.

HemiEd 01-07-2017 08:22 PM

I just "powerwatched" the first five seasons this last week while being sick. Wow.

Chiefnj2 01-09-2017 12:13 PM

What did everyone think of the latest episode?

Nickhead 01-09-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12670701)

poor quinn :D

Chiefnj2 01-09-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12670823)
poor quinn :D

They completely fooled me with the robbery. I thought Quinn was going to smash a sharpened beer can into the guys neck.

BigRedChief 01-11-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12670701)

was not impressed. Slow start. Don't like Quinn all ****ed up and Carrie as a Mom. Some Homeland seasons started off slow and build. Hopefully that's the case here.

Simply Red 01-12-2017 04:51 AM

I will go on a wild marathon - this is the type of show I can get into.

HemiEd 01-12-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12676817)
I will go on a wild marathon - this is the type of show I can get into.

I have been having Saul and Carry withdrawel for a few days now.

Pepe Silvia 01-12-2017 10:38 AM

Never have seen this show, I like Claire Danes so maybe I will give it a shot.

Bowser 01-12-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 12677152)
Never have seen this show, I like Claire Danes so maybe I will give it a shot.

It's great. The show starts strong, kind of tapers off for a couple of seasons, then roars back to life. Must watch TV for me.

Nickhead 01-13-2017 09:07 PM

it was good when there was carry over from the first three seasons. since they have gone to one season story lines you can't invest emotionally with some of the characters, but it's still a good show.

OnTheWarpath15 01-20-2017 07:50 PM

It may be because I just binge watched all six seasons of Game Of Thrones in the past three weeks and then went directly to Sunday's episode - but that might be the worst hour of television I've ever watched.

Bowser 01-20-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12699613)
It may be because I just binge watched all six seasons of Game Of Thrones in the past three weeks and then went directly to Sunday's episode - but that might be the worst hour of television I've ever watched.

Completely underwhelming. They totally stumbled out of the blocks with the season premier.

HemiEd 01-20-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12699738)
Completely underwhelming. They totally stumbled out of the blocks with the season premier.

Sunday, Jan 15 was just all around suck.

BigRedChief 01-24-2017 03:00 AM

Okay now I'm starting to not just worry about the series losing it's fastball but it just doesn't belong in the top level of shows.

2nd show was the same as the 1st. Didn't really move the show forward that much at all. Slow. Carrie as a mom sucks. They need to pick up the pace.

BWillie 02-12-2017 07:27 PM

Yeah not liking the newest season. My favorite characters are Quinn by far, then Saul and then Carrie. I like them all but it sucks that Quinn isn't his badass self and I dont know what storyline would bring him back. As others said Carrie as a mom is boring and theyve made Saul kind of a jerkoff

kepp 02-14-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12676167)
was not impressed. Slow start. Don't like Quinn all ****ed up and Carrie as a Mom. Some Homeland seasons started off slow and build. Hopefully that's the case here.

Agreed. This season is more like Homelife than Homeland.

Bowser 02-26-2017 07:54 PM

Just watched last weeks episode. A little better, but still lagging. I hate what Quinn has become. He was definitely a show driver before, now he's just a shell. Still a bit of a badass, but it's distracting how hobbled he is now. Carrie is a shitshow - everything she does just blows up in her face. I guess that will be the angle Saul will use to get her back active with the CIA. The only interesting storyline going on right now is the chess match between Dar Adahl and the President Elect.

I'll keep going, but so far I'm not overly impressed.

underEJ 02-27-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11961536)
^ I was sure that once it was confirmed Brody was dead that Homeland would fade away. Hasn't been the case.

This was me. I couldn't take her seriously through most of it and without him, I lost all interest. There are about 15 other actors I would like to see play Carrie and really make something great of this character. I actually like Claire Danes usually, but I'm just not buying her in this. To be fair I also thought Saul fell apart as a character too so it isn't all on her.

Baby Lee 03-03-2017 03:14 PM

Now this is a GREAT clip. A slow burn of establishing a more credible narrative where everyone justifiably thinks you're crazy when you're more passionate and inarticulate than anything.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6IkQUtxiNSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice groundwork laid.

Nickhead 03-27-2017 12:14 AM

Spoiler!

HemiEd 12-06-2017 07:24 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qGPiLpQ1mpU" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HemiEd 02-25-2018 10:29 PM

So, are you all watching the new season of Homeland? I like it, how do you feel about it? No spoilers from me!

Nickhead 02-25-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13438338)
So, are you all watching the new season of Homeland? I like it, how do you feel about it? No spoilers from me!

decent start, watching ep 3 now. :thumb:

HemiEd 02-25-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13438345)
decent start, watching ep 3 now. :thumb:

Cool, enjoy. The Mrs. and I looked at each other and said, damn that was only a 30 minute episode, but we were wrong.

Chiefnj2 02-26-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

I thought episode one sucked.

BigRedChief 02-28-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

yeah, digging this season. Getting away from tracking terroists and WMD’s. Went with the enemies of democracy within our borders.

Every year of Homeland has started slow and then builds.

Watched Claire on two talk shows talking about the new upcoming season. They were talking about the current news and a fictional TV series. How do you deal with that etc. during that conversation she said......
Spoiler!

MTG#10 03-01-2018 08:51 PM

Claire Danes is probably the best actress of my lifetime. She sells her role in this show unlike any woman on-screen I've ever seen.

HemiEd 03-04-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13444360)
yeah, digging this season. Getting away from tracking terroists and WMD’s. Went with the enemies of democracy within our borders.

Every year of Homeland has started slow and then builds.

Watched Claire on two talk shows talking about the new upcoming season. They were talking about the current news and a fictional TV series. How do you deal with that etc. during that conversation she said......
Spoiler!

I can't help but feel this script had something to do with Hillary being a forgone conclusion. :D

BigRedChief 03-07-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13444360)
Spoiler!

wellll that cat is out of the bag now. Really good episode this week.

Nickhead 03-07-2018 12:47 AM

found this interesting: unless you watched season six recently, the last episode hinted that there was something off about keane. dar adahl stated, while behind bars, she seemed un-american. :thumb:

BWillie 04-10-2018 10:42 AM

Season started out blah, but last 4 or so episodes have been great. Is S10 the season finale? Already can't wait. Didn't want the dirty
Spoiler!
to win or for
Spoiler!
to die before spilling the beans. Wonder where they go from here.

BigRedChief 04-10-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13510880)
Season started out blah, but last 4 or so episodes have been great. Is S10 the season finale? Already can't wait. Didn't want the dirty
Spoiler!
to win or for
Spoiler!
to die before spilling the beans. Wonder where they go from here.

thats the way Homeland seasons always go. They start off slow and pick up speed to the final show pays off the season.

I agree. Every show has gotten a lot better.

BigRedChief 04-22-2018 09:00 PM

Best episode of the season.

BWillie 04-23-2018 10:35 PM

Dar sighting.

Nickhead 04-24-2018 04:27 PM

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 04-29-2018 09:32 PM

My man!!

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...30RbBt9zAx.jpg

BigRedChief 04-30-2018 07:05 AM

It was a good season. I like the ones with more action though. Next year, I guess they could go with a classic cold war spy thriller. They haven't done that yet. Saul and Carrie playing CIA type lies and deceit a Russia plan to **** us up. Or make it China?

Spoiler!

mikeyis4dcats. 04-30-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13539565)
It was a good season. I like the ones with more action though. Next year, I guess they could go with a classic cold war spy thriller. They haven't done that yet. Saul and Carrie playing CIA type lies and deceit a Russia plan to **** us up. Or make it China?

Spoiler!

Next year is the last, no?

mikeyis4dcats. 04-30-2018 08:08 AM

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/19/homeland-final-season/

BigRedChief 04-30-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 13539619)
Next year is the last, no?

Next season is the show runners last contractual season. Pankin's has always been one year contracts. Daines is contractually obligated to 2 years.

The reason why I think it may go past one more season is the interviews that Daines and Pankin have given lately. Both have said they dont want it to end. Best part of their careers. Maybe its just public BS and privately they cant wait to move on?

HemiEd 04-30-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13539565)

Spoiler!

So last nights episode was the finale?

It was an amazing season I think, loved it.

BigRedChief 04-30-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13540963)
So last nights episode was the finale?

It was an amazing season I think, loved it.

yep

BWillie 04-30-2018 10:18 PM

Bipolar AF

TwistedChief 05-01-2018 02:41 AM

I loved this season. The first half of the finale was exceptional.

I thought I read it was confirmed that next season was the last and it would be based in Europe. It'll be interesting to see how Carrie recovers.

Claire Daines is just amazing in that role.

HemiEd 02-21-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13541199)
I loved this season. The first half of the finale was exceptional.

I thought I read it was confirmed that next season was the last and it would be based in Europe. It'll be interesting to see how Carrie recovers.

Claire Daines is just amazing in that role.

Is everyone watching this new and last season? I have enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

Buehler445 02-22-2020 12:13 AM

Yeah, I picked up Showtime recently because I hadn't seen it or Ray Donovan. So I binged it all in like December and the first part of January.

Every season is better than the prior, so yeah, I'm digging it.

Monticore 02-22-2020 01:32 PM

I enjoyed every season but they need to keep Carrie medicated she drives me crazy when she gets manic.

Monti

HemiEd 02-22-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 14808120)
I enjoyed every season but they need to keep Carrie medicated she drives me crazy when she gets manic.

Monti

ROFL

HemiEd 02-22-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14807744)
Yeah, I picked up Showtime recently because I hadn't seen it or Ray Donovan. So I binged it all in like December and the first part of January.

Every season is better than the prior, so yeah, I'm digging it.

That is what we did three years ago, binged it to catch up. In fact, it is the only real reason we have showtime now.

Hopefully the Mrs. will get caught up soon.

Probably drop ST after this season since it is the last.

TwistedChief 02-22-2020 09:00 PM

I've been thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Show is gonna go out at or near its peak.

Buehler445 02-22-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14808302)
That is what we did three years ago, binged it to catch up. In fact, it is the only real reason we have showtime now.

Hopefully the Mrs. will get caught up soon.

Probably drop ST after this season since it is the last.

If you haven’t, you should watch Ray Donovan. I really enjoy it. I can see where a guy wouldn’t but it works for me.

BigRedChief 02-22-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14808585)
I've been thoroughly enjoying it thus far. Show is gonna go out at or near its peak.

yeah the first two episodes have been top quality TV. :thumb:

HemiEd 02-24-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14808592)
If you haven’t, you should watch Ray Donovan. I really enjoy it. I can see where a guy wouldn’t but it works for me.

Thanks, will check it out!:thumb:

Just watched episode three, this is getting really, really good.

Buehler445 02-24-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14811273)
Thanks, will check it out!:thumb:

Just watched episode three, this is getting really, really good.

Yeah. I’m wondering where all this is going to go.

HemiEd 02-24-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14808592)

Wow, Seven seasons. Some serious bingeing for bad weather days.:thumb:

Buehler445 02-24-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14811550)
Wow, Seven seasons. Some serious bingeing for bad weather days.:thumb:

See if you like it. I’m sure it can rub a guy the wrong way. But if you’re good with Homeland I doubt you’ll be offended by Ray Donovan. But it is very much about the characters so if you don’t like them, you won’t like it. But give it a go.

HemiEd 02-27-2020 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14811571)
See if you like it. I’m sure it can rub a guy the wrong way. But if you’re good with Homeland I doubt you’ll be offended by Ray Donovan. But it is very much about the characters so if you don’t like them, you won’t like it. But give it a go.

Holly crap, finished season three today, it has been cold. Wow, that show is crazy, can't quit watching it. Lots of good actors, plenty of action. Thanks

Buehler445 02-27-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14816233)
Holly crap, finished season three today, it has been cold. Wow, that show is crazy, can't quit watching it. Lots of good actors, plenty of action. Thanks

Glad you liked it. I really dig it. I can't put a finger on exactly WHY I dig it, but I dig it. What it tries to do works for me. I just can't get enough man.

Baby Lee 03-01-2020 10:27 PM

Oops, unfortuitous storyline.

BigRedChief 03-02-2020 01:05 AM

This season is just getting better and better with each episode.

HemiEd 03-02-2020 02:11 PM

I am on season 6 now. May need to back off.

Went to a couple stores in Springfield today and I let rude people know when they were out of line.

Lena is my favorite character, she is actually gay in real life. :D

Buehler445 03-03-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14820590)
Oops, unfortuitous storyline.

Like. Did they have a crystal ball or what?

ChiTown 03-08-2020 07:43 PM

Season 8 has been amazing.

BigRedChief 03-08-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14830537)
Season 8 has been amazing.

that was an amazing episode.