ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO: True Detective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276034)

Bambi 03-03-2014 11:46 AM

I was really hoping Mcconaughey was gonna give us some Rust Cohle at the Oscars last night. oh well

Tribal Warfare 03-03-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10463980)
Some people may not like the loss of some of the prevailing questions, but I had no problem with finally providing the exposition. Still a great episode that thoroughly entertained and sets up for a great finale. With the two of them back together working this final investigation, it's as if they've come full circle now from the beginning of the show. Despite all the theories about the prevailing mystery, it was always really a show about the relationship between these two characters.

It also seems Maggie or her parents offered Audrey and Maisie as subjects for the Yellow King. Due to the introduction of new evidence that Cohl possesses

Buck 03-03-2014 12:15 PM

If you like this show, watch Broadchurch.

gblowfish 03-03-2014 01:55 PM

MM's "I look up to God" Oscar speech was quite different than the speech Rust gave in the back of the revival tent, wasn't it?

Carlota69 03-03-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10464020)

Channel?

Buck 03-03-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10464219)
Channel?

BBC America

KevB 03-03-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10464014)
It also seems Maggie or her parents offered Audrey and Maisie as subjects for the Yellow King. Due to the introduction of new evidence that Cohl possesses

Where do you get that?

bowener 03-03-2014 04:05 PM

I was elated by this show when it first started because it looked like it was going to take some of my favorite storytelling genres (crime fiction, detective procedural) and turn them into something transcendent. I thought it was on the verge of blowing it all up. But around episode 5 I think, maybe 6, is when it plateaued for me, and unfairly became a disappointment. I put too much expectation into this show, that is my fault. I do love it, honestly. It is great, and proof of what can be done with a great writer and director, and a network willing to let them play freely. I will see how it ends, but for now it feels like a missed moment in television. Where we almost witnessed the pinnacle of art on film.

Sure-Oz 03-03-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10464543)
Where do you get that?

Maybe reading too much into that video scene in the storage unit

Simply Red 03-03-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10463999)
I was really hoping Mcconaughey was gonna give us some Rust Cohle at the Oscars last night. oh well

HA

MatriculatingHank 03-03-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10464219)
Channel?

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/95255..._HDTV.x264-FoV

mcaj22 03-03-2014 05:24 PM

i am curious as to what sort of "twist" people are let down expecting?

like M. Night Shamalaramlyn isnt directing this, there wont be a Mark Whalberg appearance or Mr. Glass showing up in a wheel chair at the end. There wont be any aliens or ghosts or townsfolk pretending to be monsters.

But there is still a possibility of someone like
Spoiler!
being involved or either detective dieing, if not both. It will end, the way people thought it would.

Simply Red 03-03-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 10464714)

http://i60.tinypic.com/2462na0.gif

Tribal Warfare 03-03-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 10464714)

Spoiler!

Dallas Chief 03-03-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10463934)
This show is definitely a victim of the internet running crazy with theories, symbols that aren't really there, etc etc. And that's a good thing. There isn't going to be any crazy twist at the end and that's just fine. I've really enjoyed it and find myself laughing as these two run around now as if they're in a retiring home finishing out this whole story. What a show.

The symbols drive me nuts though. I can't believe there hasn't been more chatter here about the end of Ep.7. The grass being cut in that particular pattern by that special fella. Probably means nothing in the grand scheme, but they put that stuff in there to make you crazy thinking it is something relevant. Bahhhhh!!!:banghead:

GloucesterChief 03-03-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10465222)
The symbols drive me nuts though. I can't believe there hasn't been more chatter here about the end of Ep.7. The grass being cut in that particular pattern by that special fella. Probably means nothing in the grand scheme, but they put that stuff in there to make you crazy thinking it is something relevant. Bahhhhh!!!:banghead:

They showed a close up of his face and he has scars just like the man Hart and Cohle are looking for. You didn't see it when he appeared earlier because of his beard and Cohle didn't get to close to him to notice.

Also spaghetti faced could mean a beard which in the mid 90s wouldn't be nearly as popular facial hair style as now.

BigRedChief 03-03-2014 09:10 PM

So they torture the guy. Find out the names and go take him/them down. Thats just mighty convenient.

That wasn't a photo shopped kid drawing on the wall of the Hart home. Why was Maggie in the psycho ward? Those were just Easter eggs to throw off the public and create internet buzz?

There should have been at least another episode between this point and the final. If you are locked in to 8 episodes total, then cut some stuff in the first 6 episodes.

BigRedChief 03-03-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10465245)
They showed a close up of his face and he has scars just like the man Hart and Cohle are looking for.

I didn't see a bunch of scars on the that mans face. Anyone got a screen cap?

Brock 03-03-2014 09:15 PM

What do you mean by "why was maggie in the psycho ward"?

Anyong Bluth 03-03-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10465257)
I didn't see a bunch of scars on the that mans face. Anyone got a screen cap?

I see if I can find it but most definitely he did.

BigRedChief 03-03-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10465263)
What do you mean by "why was maggie in the psycho ward"?

Theres a screencap of it in this thread.

Sure-Oz 03-03-2014 09:26 PM

Tuttle/Childress family tree plus images including lawnmower man. Spoiler alert by clicking this link...atleast be caught up to ep 7. Just get you ready for ep 8

http://m.imgur.com/a/ZKDd6

Brock 03-03-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10465282)
Theres a screencap of it in this thread.

Huh.

BigRedChief 03-03-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10465286)
Tuttle/Childress family tree plus images including lawnmower man. Spoiler alert by clicking this link...atleast be caught up to ep 7. Just get you ready for ep 8

http://m.imgur.com/a/ZKDd6

The lawnmower man doesn't have scars on his mouth and below his mouth like they have been describing. It's on the side of his face.

mcaj22 03-03-2014 09:45 PM

did they explain in episode 7 how...

Spoiler!

Brock 03-03-2014 09:52 PM

They didn't overtly say that she remarried but that was my assumption.

Dallas Chief 03-03-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10465245)
They showed a close up of his face and he has scars just like the man Hart and Cohle are looking for. You didn't see it when he appeared earlier because of his beard and Cohle didn't get to close to him to notice.

Also spaghetti faced could mean a beard which in the mid 90s wouldn't be nearly as popular facial hair style as now.

Yeah I saw the scars and all that. Recognized him from the school from one of the early episodes as well. Somebody here called him out earlier as someone they thought of as being very suspect with the green earphones on and the weird demeanor etc. What I was referring to though, about the grass, is how spaghetti face guy was mowing a circle like the pattern of the tattoo on the dead girl in the first episode and all the references about life being a flat circle or sphere or some such nuttiness. Just like the writer has us all chasing our tales in a circle over all these innocuous details.

Carlota69 03-04-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10465443)
Yeah I saw the scars and all that. Recognized him from the school from one of the early episodes as well. Somebody here called him out earlier as someone they thought of as being very suspect with the green earphones on and the weird demeanor etc. What I was referring to though, about the grass, is how spaghetti face guy was mowing a circle like the pattern of the tattoo on the dead girl in the first episode and all the references about life being a flat circle or sphere or some such nuttiness. Just like the writer has us all chasing our tales in a circle over all these innocuous details.

Well, the show is about to end, so they have to show us the killer soon. With his knowledge of the coast, his scars and overall freakiness, I'm going out on a limb (hardly) and saying he's the killer.

BigMeatballDave 03-04-2014 07:46 AM

http://gfycat.com/GoodQueasyGibbon#

Dallas Chief 03-04-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10465636)
Well, the show is about to end, so they have to show us the killer soon. With his knowledge of the coast, his scars and overall freakiness, I'm going out on a limb (hardly) and saying he's the killer.

Yeah, but what about all of the others supposedly involved? Just curious about how they are going to tie it all up in one last episode. Don't want the show to end. Bummed that next week will be the last of this season. Blahhhh...

Carlota69 03-04-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10465857)
Yeah, but what about all of the others supposedly involved? Just curious about how they are going to tie it all up in one last episode. Don't want the show to end. Bummed that next week will be the last of this season. Blahhhh...

He's related to the Tuttles. Im pretty sure the young Tuttle kid that worked in the garage explained that.

I also agree, bummed the show is ending.

BigRock 03-04-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10465248)
That wasn't a photo shopped kid drawing on the wall of the Hart home. Why was Maggie in the psycho ward? Those were just Easter eggs to throw off the public and create internet buzz?

No more relevant than Marty's head on the poster.

vailpass 03-04-2014 03:47 PM

How can they tie everything up in one more episode? Hope it's not rushed...

WilliamTheIrish 03-04-2014 04:00 PM

I'm curious about what "all" people need cleared up? To me, the case is now squarely in front of us. We know who the murderer is.

My only question is do the two LA state detectives get whacked after looking for the old church? Did they raise some suspicion in the murderer in that he kills them after giving them directions?

Jilly 03-04-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10466722)
How can they tie everything up in one more episode? Hope it's not rushed...

God, I do. It's a great show, but so darn slow. I nod off every time and then get so mad cuz I want to see it.

vailpass 03-04-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 10466764)
God, I do. It's a great show, but so darn slow. I nod off every time and then get so mad cuz I want to see it.

You nod off?
Girlfriend, really?

Jilly 03-04-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10466766)
You nod off?
Girlfriend, really?

Busy working mom. It doesn't take much.

vailpass 03-04-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 10466772)

Cool then. Keep up the good work...

cosmo20002 03-04-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 10466764)

I'd agree on the first couple episodes.

NewChief 03-04-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 10466772)

My wife gets around 4-5 hours of sleep, max, a night. I tell her it's like living with a ****ing heroin addict when we try to watch TV together. 5 minutes in, and she's nodding off. I can't tell you how many segments of Breaking Bad I've had to replay for her as she's worked through the series.

Bambi 03-05-2014 12:14 PM

not really spoilers for those that have seen the first couple episodes at least but I found this video really informative and interesting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X8zTSDFiI24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish 03-05-2014 12:27 PM

I actually went back and watched the first three episodes last night. A lot more stuff makes sense on the second viewing.

KC_Connection 03-05-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10468053)
not really spoilers for those that have seen the first couple episodes at least but I found this video really informative and interesting

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X8zTSDFiI24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 01:03 PM

Well, they certainly are loading up on Easter eggs in this show- even if they ultimately prove to simply be dead ends, and ultimately end up capturing a lot of viewer's curiosity. Almost mimicking Rust's obsessive digging, people are combing over every tiny detail trying to solve their own mystery.

Also, I still am intrigued by the creator's frequent mention of it being right under our nose the whole time. Specifically related to the show's promo poster depicting Rust and Marty in identical outfits with the caption, "True Detective".
Shouldn't it be True Detectives???

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/rutuheda.jpg

Spoiler!

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10464020)

Who told you about that show Buck?

L.A. Chieffan 03-05-2014 01:29 PM

I dont think that was Maggie in the asylum

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10468053)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10468077)
I actually went back and watched the first three episodes last night. A lot more stuff makes sense on the second viewing.

Amusing. I think the wackiest theory I've seen is someone saying The Yellow King was the owner of the Vietnamese restaurant they ate at in episode 3 - simply because of the Yellow reference to Asians, and that Rust made some comment about how horrific the murders were, and it reminded him of stories his daddy talked about when he was fighting over in Vietnam.
That's one hell of a stretch!!

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 01:49 PM

Just some screen grabs for people piecing together reference images found throughout the episodes.

Jilly 03-05-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10467098)
My wife gets around 4-5 hours of sleep, max, a night. I tell her it's like living with a ****ing heroin addict when we try to watch TV together. 5 minutes in, and she's nodding off. I can't tell you how many segments of Breaking Bad I've had to replay for her as she's worked through the series.

Sully hates it too....although he'll say he only hates that I feel bad about it and try to pretend like I was watching the whole time instead of just being honest the first time and saying I fell asleep.

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 06:58 PM

True Detective: Matthew McConaughey wrote a 450-page deconstruction of Rust Cohle's life
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...hles-life.html

Quote:

True Detective star Matthew McConaughey has revealed he has extensively studied the life of character Rust Cohle as preparation for playing him

Matthew McConaughey's Best Actor Oscar acceptance speech bemused millions of people on Sunday, but there's plenty more of where that came from according to the True Detective star.

NEWS: Matthew McConaughey won't return in True Detective

McConaughey told Rolling Stone magazine that he created a 450 page graph in an attempt to understand the life and personality of his misanthropist character Rust Cohle.

True Detective, the anthology show conceived by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga, follows the working relationship between criminal investigators Cohle and Martin Hart (played by Woody Harrelson) over 17 years as they unravel a bizarre murder case, fall out and are interviewed about a similar incident nearly two decades later.

To keep track of Cohle's life and his varying states of addiction, employment and religious belief, McConaughey says he "made a 450-page kind of graph of where Cohle was and where he was coming from".

It's yet to be published anywhere online, and would be a long read if it was, but McConaughey revealed the 'Four Stages of Rustin Cohle' he discovered through the graph to Rolling Stone. In it, he details the three Cohles we see at the 1995, 2002 and 2012 flashbacks of the show, as well as 'Crash', "our deep, narco wild-ass" version of Cohle who worked as an undercover policeman while nursing coke and meth habits.

McConaughey describes 1995 Cohle as someone who is avoiding interaction with others because he's "trying to hold it together", and is relying on the murder case "to actually survive... because it's going to keep him from killing himself". Seven years later, and McConaughey believes Cohle still relies on the case as "his lifeline" but after a failed attempt at domesticity, "resigns to his nature, once again."

By 2012, Cohle has "lived longer than he hoped" after having to "endure the existence of this s---storm called life". Things aren't looking good for the long-haired, alcoholic ex-CID agent: "He's not going become a madman, he's not going to kill himself. He wrestles the devil every day, and he realises that this may last a lot longer than he ever hoped for."

Tribal Warfare 03-05-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10468128)
Well, they certainly are loading up on Easter eggs in this show- even if they ultimately prove to simply be dead ends, and ultimately end up capturing a lot of viewer's curiosity. Almost mimicking Rust's obsessive digging, people are combing over every tiny detail trying to solve their own mystery.

Also, I still am intrigued by the creator's frequent mention of it being right under our nose the whole time. Specifically related to the show's promo poster depicting Rust and Marty in identical outfits with the caption, "True Detective".
Shouldn't it be True Detectives???

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/rutuheda.jpg

Spoiler!

The Louisiana State Badge and it's relationship to its hierarchy

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10468708)
The Louisiana State Badge and it's relationship to its hierarchy

What are you meaning?

Buck 03-05-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10468132)
Who told you about that show Buck?

I don't know. Might have been a post here for all I know.

Tribal Warfare 03-05-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10468919)
What are you meaning?

task force, instituted by the Governor who's cousin is clearly implicated with the Yellow King case. Tuttle family ties

Anyong Bluth 03-05-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10469013)
task force, instituted by the Governor who's cousin is clearly implicated with the Yellow King case. Tuttle family ties

Oh, I thought you had some other additional Information. Gotcha.

keg in kc 03-06-2014 05:12 AM

Another interesting theory: http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...e-the-fin.html

Bowser 03-06-2014 07:40 AM

When was the last time a miniseries captured everyone's imagination like this?

Sully 03-06-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10469418)

Well...
That makes too much damned sense for it NOT to be the answer.

Bambi 03-06-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10469450)

It's another great component of the internet and fans interacting with each other. I really enjoy all these hidden clues/symbols etc and frankly don't care if most of them end up meaning nothing.

But I really like surfing reddit and seeing what all these weirdo fans have cooked up over the past 2 months. It's been an incredible ride.

Bambi 03-06-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10469418)

I'm not convinced of this theory 100% but I definitely think that the opening scene is much more vital than everyone has noticed to this point as I said a few weeks ago here...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=268

Also, one thing this guy is right about is the importance of all the timing of these events. I hadn't thought this out completely back when I posted this but I think it's going to turn out to be more critical than they have let on.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=281

keg in kc 03-06-2014 09:05 AM

I like the theory, but I don't think it was Cohle. And I do think there's going to be some kind of twist Sunday, as much as the writer talks about audiences being abused for 20 years.

Jilly 03-06-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10469456)
Well...
That makes too much damned sense for it NOT to be the answer.

This is exactly what I've been thinking too......but then I kept telling myself DO NOT fall into the trap of thinking this show is more than what it is. All the religious symbols drawing me in were enough. But in the back of my mind....I thought his daughter has to be involved here and so does Marty's. And there's something about, still, Marty's wife. I think she was told something no one else knows and that's why there was such hurt involved when she screwed Rust.

And now, see, I'm doing exactly what I said I wasn't going to do! Even to the point of getting on CP after all this time just to see what's being said.

WilliamTheIrish 03-06-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10469527)
It's another great component of the internet and fans interacting with each other. I really enjoy all these hidden clues/symbols etc and frankly don't care if most of them end up meaning nothing.

But I really like surfing reddit and seeing what all these weirdo fans have cooked up over the past 2 months. It's been an incredible ride.

I dunno. This show - for me - is much, much better waiting until Sunday to see where it's going next. I've made it a point to not follow any of the links because people tie things into the episodes that have zero meaning. It's happened in this thread.

Even in this thread, there is a post that asks "is one hour enough to tie up all the loose ends'? I asked "what loose ends need to be tied up for folks"? But got no reply.

The show is pretty straight forward with the bonus of incredible character development and background and a macabre string of murders.

Dallas Chief 03-06-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10469450)

1985- North and South :D

ragedogg69 03-06-2014 11:19 AM

I am all theory'd out. I dont even care. I just want to sit back on Sunday and take it all in. Hell, if I am bored, I'll watch all the previous episodes.

Brock 03-06-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10469710)
I dunno. This show - for me - is much, much better waiting until Sunday to see where it's going next. I've made it a point to not follow any of the links because people tie things into the episodes that have zero meaning. It's happened in this thread.

Even in this thread, there is a post that asks "is one hour enough to tie up all the loose ends'? I asked "what loose ends need to be tied up for folks"? But got no reply.

The show is pretty straight forward with the bonus of incredible character development and background and a macabre string of murders.

I cannot find where you asked that question, but now that you have: I don't see how they can wrap up the main story in an hour satisfactorily, let alone the numorous ancillary teases the show has placed before us, ie what happened to hart's daughter, wtf is this yellow king/carcosa stuff, why is the dora lange murder different from the rest, etc. basically what I was hoping to find out was that the finale would be a 2 hour episode or something.

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 12:31 PM

Anyone see some resemblance?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/u2unedy5.jpg

gblowfish 03-06-2014 12:39 PM

Info on "Carcosa":
http://kinginyellow.wikia.com/wiki/Carcosa

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 01:15 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/aze2udeh.jpg

And here we have Rianne Olivier's class photo. Olivier, you recall, was Reggie Ledoux's girlfriend, until she disappeared and her body was found washed up in the bayou.

Investigators concluded she drowned, but after reviewing thousands of photos of dead bodies, hers caught Cohle's eye, because of the tell-tale spiral on the shoulder and the same mix of meth and LSD that was found in Dora Lange's body.

Olivier's grandfather let the detectives have her yearbook—she attended one of Reverend Tuttle's schools. Cohle has the photo up in his apartment.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/aqudapa3.jpg

As we know he's the same person as the one seen in the yearbook photo?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/uqyry8e9.jpg

There's speculation that the "Marshland Medea" from episode 6 also went to Light of the Way school with Rianne Olivier.

Others suspect that the big guy in the far right corner is our landscaper guy from outside the school with the "Devil's Nests," a.k.a. The Green Eared Spaghetti Monster.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/pepe6yhe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/ygeda4y9.jpg

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 01:35 PM

Everyone has seen the spiral pointed out like below, but a few other familiar images bear close resemblance of significance.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/anyhy2e9.jpg
Entire shot for reference.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/ane7u9yt.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/6a9aneta.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/eduqeqys.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/ypa3u4y2.jpg

At Dora's crime scene- which Rust returns to in a later episode and specifically inspects as they pull in tight for a close-up shot.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/tu5u4e2y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/qadudy5u.jpg

I think it's pretty clear, Marty's oldest daughter unfortunately crossed paths with whoever this is?

The question is, why was she spared, and allowed to live / not sacrificed? Who is she connected to somehow that spares her death possibly?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/2u9azeqy.jpg

Also when we see her take her sister's crown adorned with ribbon and toss it in the tree, is she trying to protect her from being marked as a future target?

In the grainy video they briefly show, the girl in it appears to be also wearing a crown adorned with ribbon...

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 01:45 PM

And, finally, I totally get that all this speculation, theory, and conjecture is a majority-share just an exercise equal to the dog chasing his tail, but I don't really care.

I'm enjoying seeing what others can attempt to think they've spotted, and it's made for purely entertaining recreation to go alongside one of the best series storylines with masterfully done jobs of acting, directing and production.

I'm also fine with being the 1st to admit the below is most assuredly squarely aimed right at me- nor do I care! :D

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/u5e4e7uv.jpg

gblowfish 03-06-2014 01:59 PM

One think I've learned is, if a woman on this show orders a "Dirty Martini," at some point she's going to get bent over and boofed.

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10470263)
One think I've learned is, if a woman on this show orders a "Dirty Martini," at some point she's going to get bent over and boofed.

Pretty much holds true in real life also.

WilliamTheIrish 03-06-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10469856)
I cannot find where you asked that question, but now that you have: I don't see how they can wrap up the main story in an hour satisfactorily, let alone the numorous ancillary teases the show has placed before us, ie what happened to hart's daughter, wtf is this yellow king/carcosa stuff, why is the dora lange murder different from the rest, etc. basically what I was hoping to find out was that the finale would be a 2 hour episode or something.

Post 434.

The yellow King/Carcosa stuff should come to fruition in the last episode. But I think obviously it's got something to do with the combo Santeria/Couriye Mardi Gras that Marty spoke with Cole about in the storage locker.

Hart's daughter may have just become a rebellious teen, that got into drugs and hung with bad influences after a traumatic incident related to the pictures. To me, she's a sidebar story of Marty's lack of attention to his family since he's a narcissistic, pussy chasing cop.

I hope I'm able to stay awake to see it Sunday night.

Bowser 03-06-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10442157)
The writing is so good for this show that Hart's wife could end up being the Yellow King and I would buy it completely.

Ok, she may not be the Yellow King, but damned if she's not involved in it somehow. Why exactly did she go see Rust after Marty paid her a visit? Getting nervous as to why those two are working together again?

I get the feeling that her parents were involved with the Santeria/Couriye Mardi Gras stuff with the Tuttles and passed the cult life down to her in some fashion?

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10470108)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/aze2udeh.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/uqyry8e9.jpg

There's speculation that the "Marshland Medea" from episode 6 also went to Light of the Way school with Rianne Olivier.

Another thought, if that is her, does that possibly explain why she killed her children? Namely, she had been found and knew what would happen to her kids by the Five Horsemen or whoever...

Brock 03-06-2014 06:23 PM

You may have pointed this out already, but why does she have a similar mark on her forehead as ledoux?

Anyong Bluth 03-06-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10470954)
You may have pointed this out already, but why does she have a similar mark on her forehead as ledoux?

No clue, maybe they did already get a hold of her and the kids and "they" actually were the ones that killed the children. Then setting it up as to look like she was the one responsible. Not the first person going to jail so spooked by whomever might have pull in the prison system- (Tuttle, other affiliated law enforcement(?)) that they refused to talk and/or commit suicide rather than face punishment or possibly further consequences to family or loved ones.
Or, maybe she was a follower of The Yellow King?

I originally noticed the "mark" also, but with 1 episode to go, it probably doesn't get easily explained- unless we see some new victim similarly marked, and then you'd still have to piece that one together.

Ragged Robin 03-06-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10470230)
And, finally, I totally get that all this speculation, theory, and conjecture is a majority-share just an exercise equal to the dog chasing his tail, but I don't really care.

I'm enjoying seeing what others can attempt to think they've spotted, and it's made for purely entertaining recreation to go alongside one of the best series storylines with masterfully done jobs of acting, directing and production.

I'm not convinced that most of these are actual clues but are just literary metaphors instead. In one of the first scenes where we see Marty's kids, they're playing with their dolls and there's a naked barbie in the middle of a circle of all males, in parallel with all the ****ed up shit going on and perhaps foreshadowing the oldest being involved with threesome/statutory rape. Of course you'd probably argue that this is the result of some earlier abuse that took place but I'm not sold on this.

BigRedChief 03-06-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10469543)
I like the theory, but I don't think it was Cohle. And I do think there's going to be some kind of twist Sunday, as much as the writer talks about audiences being abused for 20 years.

I figured the fire was accidental. Why would a secretive cult create a fire and draw attention to itself?