ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Duncan Idaho's Compendium of Comprehensive Offseason Plans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351656)

Dunerdr 01-15-2024 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17338335)
I don't like that FAU was inactive in a playoff game.

I think it was more about getting run stuffers on the active roster than FAU off. If mostert and Achane get going it could have been a different ball game. Really glad Pennel was called up.

The dolphins RB's were getting destroyed in the back field. I was at the game and dont have the brain power to fully take in a game in persone when its -28 wind chill, but it seemed like the Dline was doing its job against the run very well.

O.city 01-15-2024 11:32 AM

That's true.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2024 12:03 PM

Version 2.0 bump!

Dunerdr 01-15-2024 01:54 PM

I do not care for the part where you said we may be picking lower... other than that I could live with it.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17338955)
I do not care for the part where you said we may be picking lower... other than that I could live with it.

Oh. I mean, picking later. Lower in the first round. I think of 1 as high and 32 as low.

The Franchise 01-15-2024 04:08 PM

Farrell at least looks to be the Nnadi replacement next season.

JPH83 01-16-2024 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17339351)
Farrell at least looks to be the Nnadi replacement next season.

I hope they give him an opportunity and we move on from Nnadi. Coburn is playing well in Tennessee it looks like, we need to play these guys.

Couch-Potato 01-16-2024 10:20 AM

I wonder if due to his age and NFL ready physique Legette might be ready to contribute earlier than other WRs in the upcoming draft. I'm a fan of the pick, he'd be a lot of fun in this offense. After that last game I've been wondering if Rice isn't our #1 WR and what we need next to him is a playmaker.

Noticing Byron Murphy is ranked up and down depending on the board.

Having a hard time understanding why Brenden Rice isn't getting more love? Seeing 3rd - 4th RD for him and feels like he'd go higher any other year.

Who you like at backup RB?

Dunerdr 01-16-2024 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17339163)
Oh. I mean, picking later. Lower in the first round. I think of 1 as high and 32 as low.

LFG!!!!

Chris Meck 01-16-2024 07:32 PM

Man, Leggette scares me.

I don't know. what context are you talking about? What's the reason he did nothing for four years and suddenly turned into Calvin Johnson?

Mitchell is a guy I like a lot, also Franklin.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2024 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17342716)
Man, Leggette scares me.

I don't know. what context are you talking about? What's the reason he did nothing for four years and suddenly turned into Calvin Johnson?

Mitchell is a guy I like a lot, also Franklin.

Combination of injury, COVID, inept coaching with terrible QB play.

But yes, he's risky. Franklin would be a safer stab in the same skillset/fit.

duncan_idaho 02-03-2024 03:42 PM

Updated with version 3.0.

Decided to take a big deviation and trade Sneed, then take a different focus than WR.

Nightfyre 02-03-2024 06:03 PM

Dealing Duncan.

kccrow 02-03-2024 07:53 PM

The reason I opted not to put Darius Robinson in my mocks after I said I might and DJ shot me down, is that I really think he's a pro DE and maybe ideally suited as a 3-4 DE at that. I think we'd be asking him to put on 25-30 pounds to really play DT for us. I just couldn't bring myself to see him as a great schematic fit unless you're 100% throwing in the towel on FAU. I'd be all-in if we didn't take FAU last year. I think we might see Orhororo climb boards later and Brugler already has him going at 43 so my dream in the 2nd is getting less and less likely too.

As for this: 1.32: Trade to Arziona for 2.35, 3.71, 5.160, 7.221...

I don't think you're getting that 3rd in that trade. In fact, I'll just say you absolutely aren't. Looking at a Rich Hill model, you're about spot on with 2.35, 5.160, and 7.221 to make that drop. The Jaguars went from 33 to 27 in 2022 for a 4th and a 6th. Best case is you probably get a 5th and 6th.

I think a 1st is pretty rich for trading Sneed. I've talked about how rare round 1 pick trades are for CBs. I had my trade valued at a 2nd and 3rd with the swap of 1sts and a 2nd going to KC. I felt I might be a little high myself with that.

I'd love to see a re-work with you being a little less overzealous on the trade valuations.

I can say this though, if we had that draft I'd be jumping for joy.

No complaints on FA other than these 2 things: I don't see any way this franchise is letting Tommy walk and I don't think we'd bring in Tart with his apparent issues either but you never know. I like Tart as a player but there's alot there to digest. Moving on from Tommy may seem like a good play from a cap perspective, but we're really talking about saving about 1.2m in year 1 in reality. It's chump change to maintain consistency holding for Butker and he is a pretty freakin good punter.

Dunerdr 02-03-2024 09:27 PM

3.0 leaves me wanting at wr and I’m a little u sure of Robinsons fit right now but I don’t hate it.