ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

Jewish Rabbi 04-27-2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16921915)
What chances were those? We had ONE pick and we used it. What am I missing here?

We could have traded Mahomes to the Texans for 2 and 3

GloucesterChief 04-27-2023 10:16 PM

Plenty of WR talent left: Hyatt, Tillman, Mingo, Dell, Mims, Perry, Reed, Rice, Downs, and Scott.

smithandrew051 04-27-2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16921909)
He can turn the corner.

But can he get to half a man against good OTs? Because bend don't matter off they beat you to your spot...

Eh, not too bent out of shape because we absolutely needed a complementary pass rusher and Omenihu isn't really a complement to GK. Just really would've been intrigued by Porter Jr.

Onward and upward. He'll be a player and a fun guy to cheer for.

Porter Jr would probably give Veach a bunch of flexibility with how to handle Sneed’s contract situation. That had to be tempting, but wasn’t the immediate need.

I get it. Part of picking last. Good problem to have when you win Super Bowls.

BWillie 04-27-2023 10:17 PM

Like this guy more than Karlaftis. Was not real high on Karlaftis. He just didnt produce as much as he should of in college. This guy has shown it in results and good athletic profile.

Coach 04-27-2023 10:18 PM

Here's the thing as well. He still has room to grow. When he came to Kansas State, he was a scrawny kid at 220.

He's now 255. And he's 21 years old, last I checked.

Chieftain 04-27-2023 10:18 PM

First time watching his tape and this kid looks really good. Has speed and is bendy for his large size. In one play he was triple-teamed and still managed to sack the QB.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2023 10:18 PM

Got some weird ass names at DE. Karlaftis, Omenihu, and Anudike-Uzomah. Reminds me of when our secondary was a Key and Peele sketch.

InChiefsHeaven 04-27-2023 10:18 PM

I feel like the Chiefs did very well with pick 31. This guy is quality and not a reach IMO. We have 9 more picks. There will be movement tomorrow for sure. I'm pretty excited with this pick.

Jewish Rabbi 04-27-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16921923)
But what if I told you his handle was 493rd… then what?

Damn I hope so. I’d probably be the first Cper to get called a pussy by one of our draft picks on draft day

Pitt Gorilla 04-27-2023 10:19 PM

He's pretty clearly a Chiefs-type pick. He's self-made hard-worker with a non-stop motor.

Tribal Warfare 04-27-2023 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 16921832)
Just from my opinion, I see him as a Tamba Hali comp.

I see what you did there

kccrow 04-27-2023 10:20 PM

Very safe pick for KC, in my opinion. I don't like him right now against the run but he's going to be able to grow into it here which is good. Certainly brings a great speed rush off the edge right away in sub-packages and our edge rotation should be fresher throughout games. He's similar to a younger Frank Clark to me, so Veach/Spags definitely seem to have a type at RDE.

My only real disappointment is passing on Hyatt. He could have put that explosive player back in the KC offense. But eh, there are plenty of WRs that might do that yet.

Kind of hopeful they make a move up for Benton tomorrow, really want that cat on the interior DL.

Iconic 04-27-2023 10:20 PM

One great thing about the pick is we are officially set on DL, for now. I kind of ****ing love that. Two young up and coming edges.

Titty Meat 04-27-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16921909)
He can turn the corner.

But can he get to half a man against good OTs? Because bend don't matter off they beat you to your spot...

Eh, not too bent out of shape because we absolutely needed a complementary pass rusher and Omenihu isn't really a complement to GK. Just really would've been intrigued by Porter Jr.

Onward and upward. He'll be a player and a fun guy to cheer for.

Going to be weird seeing someone in Clark's spot who's going to be able to do that

kccrow 04-27-2023 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16921934)
For a year he puts Sneed into the slot and probably comes off the field in 2 CB sets.

Then in 2024 he replaces him.

Seems like a pretty clear path long term but maybe Crow is right. The talent just absolutely leaps out at you. The measurables and size are legit. why's he still on the board?

Gotta be something we don't know.

The only thing that I can think of other than some unknown character/learning flaw is maybe teams dislike his hips/feet in transition more than we think.